SpursNetwork

I have a crystal ball

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: I have a crystal ball
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 10:23:12 AM »
I don't think this shows a lack of ambition. Although possibly a tad older than we might like Friedel is a quality keeper and has a wealth of knowledge to pass on to our up and coming players. He wont be the last player to join this summer  there will be other  signings for sure. These will be the ones to judge our ambition by, not taking a highly experienced guy on a free that's just good business.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 11:04:57 AM »
He wont be the last player to join this summer  there will be other  signings for sure.

Yep, Scott Parker to replace Modric, I can't wait  :(
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 01:01:19 PM »
Parker for Modric is total nonsense and sends a message out to the Prem League that we have no intention of competing for the top 4

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »
Baldbloke, what do you think, can you help me with some lottery numbers? You seem to be a good fortune-teller.

Offline pukekohespur

• Hero: Greaves
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 01:18:07 AM »
Parker will come in to replace Palacious and Nico not Modric [I think...hope...pray]
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." Danny Blanchflower

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 09:09:07 AM »
Parker will come in to replace Palacious and Nico not Modric [I think...hope...pray]

Who will replace Modric then ?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 09:12:21 AM »
Why should anyone replace Modrić?! He hasn't left. Cut out this negativity, man. Like a bunch of whining old ladies here. Nothing has happened but yet some people have an urgent need to be frustrated.

On a second note, Parker would be an upgrade compared to Palacios, that is true.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 10:17:28 AM »
Why should anyone replace Modrić?! He hasn't left. Cut out this negativity, man. Like a bunch of whining old ladies here. Nothing has happened but yet some people have an urgent need to be frustrated.

On a second note, Parker would be an upgrade compared to Palacios, that is true.

If I actually knew you I would quite happily have a £5 bet that Modric is on his way. He will get champions league football, win trophies and double his salary. At present he plays for a club that thinks signing a 41 year old goalkeeper is the way forward.

If I were him and Sir Alex came knocking I would be off like a shot.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
I think modric will only be sold if spurs want to sell him and harry has gone on record many times to say that he doesn`t want to sell him . Modric has said he`s happy and would only leave if the deal was right for him AND spurs . Also , i think levy realizes , finally , that we can`t keep selling our best players to them if we want to win anything worthwhile .
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2011, 10:43:03 AM »
I think modric will only be sold if spurs want to sell him and harry has gone on record many times to say that he doesn`t want to sell him . Modric has said he`s happy and would only leave if the deal was right for him AND spurs . Also , i think levy realizes , finally , that we can`t keep selling our best players to them if we want to win anything worthwhile .

If only life were that easy. If a player wants to leave there is little a club can do about it. I believe that a contract should be binding and a player should not be able to leave a club until the end of his contract. That way transfer fees wouldn't exist and football may become a little more affordable for Mr Average. Believe Levy is not ambitious in the sense you or I are. Levy wants the club to make lots of money so he and the share holders get even richer. He doesn't give a toss about winning anything unless there is a big fat financial reward at the end of it.

Like I have said before, get ready to see Modders leave

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2011, 11:01:43 AM »

If only life were that easy. If a player wants to leave there is little a club can do about it. I believe that a contract should be binding and a player should not be able to leave a club until the end of his contract. That way transfer fees wouldn't exist and football may become a little more affordable for Mr Average. Believe Levy is not ambitious in the sense you or I are. Levy wants the club to make lots of money so he and the share holders get even richer. He doesn't give a toss about winning anything unless there is a big fat financial reward at the end of it.

Your argument is flawed Baldbloke because if that was the case Spurs wouldn't be the 3rd biggest spenders in the Premiership behind Man Ure and Chelski. Also winning brings financial reward so just bumbling along hoping to hit it big and winning something is bad practice, I will defend Levy on the clubs transfers as he has backed every manager and given them funds to buy players. I will also defend Levy on his policy of selling players because he has always got the best price possible too.

As for Modric leaving you have definite proof that we are going to sell?

I believe that there is alot of water to pass under the bridge before the end of the next transfer window and yes theres a possibility that he might be sold but at the moment the Club is sticking to the he is not for sale line which is good enough for me until something changes !!!

:hide:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »

Your argument is flawed Baldbloke because if that was the case Spurs wouldn't be the 3rd biggest spenders in the Premiership behind Man Ure and Chelski.

So we have spent more than Man Citeh, interesting   :-\

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2011, 12:04:49 PM »

Your argument is flawed Baldbloke because if that was the case Spurs wouldn't be the 3rd biggest spenders in the Premiership behind Man Ure and Chelski.

So we have spent more than Man Citeh, interesting   :-\

Without actually checking I would guess that over the 20 years of the Premier League we probably have spent more than City. Until recently City were not a regular Prem side and even when they were they were not big spenders. We are 1 of only about 5 or 6 clubs to have been ever present since the league began and so it would make sense that we have spent more as we have always been pretty active in the transfer market.

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2011, 01:19:31 PM »
[/font][/color][/quote]
Without actually checking I would guess that over the 20 years of the Premier League we probably have spent more than City. Until recently City were not a regular Prem side and even when they were they were not big spenders. We are 1 of only about 5 or 6 clubs to have been ever present since the league began and so it would make sense that we have spent more as we have always been pretty active in the transfer market.
[/quote]

It's up you, if you want like a bloke that is determined to move us to East London in order he will eventually fill his pockets, then that's your choice. Personally I believe we will never be successful with him at the top. That said I don't want a billionaire to buy the club either. The reality is that we will probably bring in a few aging stars on short contracts at 11.55pm August 31st

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »
I thought Levy was great for us until he tried to kill the club by moving to East London.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson