SpursNetwork

I have a crystal ball

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
I have a crystal ball
« on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:53 PM »
Well it looks like Mr Red Nose is going to secure the services of Luka, and what a lovely feeling it is to know we are STILL the feeder club for Man Ure. Who knows, with Giggs getting even older they may even need a left winger (preferably Welsh) and I am wondering who that could be.

Unfortunately we have a chairman that will no doubt get a great price for Luka, let's say £40m and will no doubt be prepared to spend £10m of it on a replacement. My bet is on the 30 year old Scott Parker who looks great playing for a second rate team. It's a bit like replacing your Aston Martin with a resprayed Cortina GT. No doubt the though the £30m will end up in the pockets of the share holders.

With Arrys inability to get us in the CL again attracting the type of player we need is almost impossible. My guess is that Arry will stick to his policy and buy aging superstars on a one year contract.

To be honest I feel quite depressed !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
Re: I have a crystal ball
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37:15 PM »
Wow cheer up. Luka won't be leaving this year, if he does it will be for 50 million + and that wouldn't be a bad deal in Levy's eyes.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Doom and gloom again!

TBH I am confident we will keep all our key players for this coming season as all seem to believe we can make the CL again, if next season we fail then key players will be off!

The only way Luka will be off this season is if a super silly mega bucks offer comes in for him such as the value given by Spurs218 and TBH that would be worth while!

But I am certain he will be staying!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 10:33:28 AM »
Your crystal ball is kind of right............just read we are definately getting a 40 year old.............Friedel's dal is all but done ffs.........says it all...........feeling pissed off again  :(

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 10:37:45 AM »
Your crystal ball is kind of right............just read we are definately getting a 40 year old.............Friedel's dal is all but done ffs.........says it all...........feeling pissed off again  :(
Nope it's offically done.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
That deal makes sense. Gomes was shocking last season.

Modric won't leave this season and United don't have the money to buy him.  Too many Glazer debts.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 1950-51, 1960-61       
CHARITY/COMMUNITY SHIELD 1921, 1951, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1991       
F.A. CUP 1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991,      
LEAGUE CUP 1971, 1973, 1999, 2008

Offline Corlukas Guide Dog

• LOVE A BIT OF SPURS BANTER
  • Hero: Zinedine Zidane
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 12:41:54 PM »
At least we have 3 good keepers now each fighting for a place

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 05:15:28 PM »
Friedal was assured of No.1 position before he signed..... if you think we will have 3 good keepers competing then you are very naive.... this free-transfer allows us to realise 6m in te sale of Gomes without affecting squad-quality..

and not sure if the goalkeeper should be under pressure week-in week-out to play well as that will undermine confidence badly... a keeper should always be assured that his place is safe for at least a period of 7-8 games even if playing badly.... not 1 bad game and youre out for the next..

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 05:18:40 PM »
With the American has-been in on the promise of being 1st choice (see SkySports.com), Gomes will be on his way.........trading down doesn't sound like we are preparing to challenge for the CL does it! More like battling for a slot on Chnnel 5 every year

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
Thursday night Channel 5! Stop moaning and enjoy it! Means you don't have to pay!

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »
That deal makes sense. Gomes was shocking last season.

Modric won't leave this season and United don't have the money to buy him.  Too many Glazer debts.

Your wrong. Spurs are already in talks with Man Ure about Modric. I would think the deal will be done in the next few weeks.

Yes Gomes made a few bad mistakes, he also made saves that NO other keeper on the planet could make. I think one makes up for the other, DON'T YOU ?
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
I don't buy into all this talk about Gomes being a poor keeper. Friedel won't make the mistakes like Gomes but he won't make as many match winning saves as H does.

Also, Gomes did his job against Chelsea......

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 07:20:03 PM »
Some of Gomes's saves have been amazing and right up there with Gordon Bank's brill save from Pele in 1970. It is sad that he is being treated so badly

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2011, 07:21:05 PM »
Thursday night Channel 5! Stop moaning and enjoy it! Means you don't have to pay!
Oh I like free footie  :D I was just referring to the buy of Friedel showing lack of ambition and being back to the nearly men again

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 09:30:35 AM »
That deal makes sense. Gomes was shocking last season

Yes Gomes made a few bad mistakes, he also made saves that NO other keeper on the planet could make. I think one makes up for the other, DON'T YOU ?

No.

At least now we have a goalkeeper who can catch the f**king ball!
COYS!