SpursNetwork

Modric leaving

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Modric leaving
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2011, 01:02:44 AM »
Modders will be leaving at some point its just a case of when, now its down to Arry and Levy to convince Modders that his immediate and medium term future lies with us and he can achieve what he wants.

I think 150k per week in wages is a huge factor also for him!

If we sell now or in Jan lets get a club record at least 35 mill will soften the blow he is worth more than Berba and cost us more to buy!

Only downside is there isnt a player to replace him.  We have to make teh best out of Modders looking to move as we can!

Wish he wanted to stay!

Unfortunately it seems that players read from the same script now. Usually starts with, "of course I'm flattered that there is interest me, but I'm happy here." Followed by, "I am currently a [insert team] player under contract until [insert date], but what happens is for the club to decide." Followed by, "I have enjoyed my time here, but feel that I need to challenge myself with [insert criteria/pretend to ignore increased wages].

Win/Win for agents.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2011, 10:25:48 AM »
Statement by Club Chairman, Daniel Levy
18 June 2011

"I wish to make it absolutely clear, as I have said previously, that none of our key players will be sold this summer. We are building a team for the future to consistently play at the highest level and retaining quality players is crucial to that.

"In respect of Luka Modric, we are not prepared to sell, at any price, to Chelsea Football Club or any other club.

"We made our stance on this issue abundantly clear in writing to Chelsea. They chose to ignore it and then subsequently made the offer public.

"For the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that we shall not enter into any negotiations whatsoever, with any Club, regarding Luka.

"We now consider this matter closed."
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2011, 11:06:57 AM »
This is going to become a very important part of our recent history, we now need to stick to this and fight our corner otherwise we will be walked over by everyone in the future. I'm very happy that Mr Levy has taken this stance and I just hope that we now sign a couple of players to show our intent and not sit there until 31 August being linked with every Tom, d**k and Dimi.

It's a proud day to be a Spurs fan !!!

:coolsmiley:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2011, 03:20:19 PM »
You echo my thoughts entirely Ugs. this sets out our stall. I doubted Levy at the end of last season about his intent, but this statement is water-tight and sends out a clear message. It should hopefully reassure Modders that we mean business and that now we can attract some top talent and push on. No longer a selling club, but one that genuinely wants to contend at the very top........AT LAST! Am a happy man!