Inter to offer £40 million for...
« on: January 27, 2011, 07:47:20 PM »
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline PaulInRome

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Inter to offer £40 million for...
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 08:41:18 PM »
I think this one is paper-talk and no more. Certainly haven't heard anything here in Italy.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 09:03:19 PM »
Just shows how stale the windowhas become that a proposed bid is headline news.  Wouldn lose much sleep over it. Failureto get a striker and the prospect of crouch until summer is much more of concern.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 12:33:55 AM »
At around half 5 yesterday  the Sports editor of the Guardian newspaper tweeted that they have a major Football exclusive that they will publish on their website...people were thinking

1) Prem club going Bust
2) Olympic stadium decission

An then they come out with the Bale Inter bid....which is a bit of a joke really and hardly an exclusive...but saying that Inter did offer £40 million take it or leave it...what would you do...take it or leave it?
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 02:41:24 AM »
Its not enough, we are looking to continue to develop and progress 40 mill for Bale shouldnt even be considered IMO but for those who the money matters too at the club may consider it on a business note.

I also think it would be a bad move for Bale career develpoment wise too!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline pieboy

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 03:48:30 PM »
Bale ain't going to Inter, if he leaves it Barca or Madrid.

Hope he stays, but sooner or later i think the money on offer might just be too much to turn down.
Champion league is so important now, and the best players all want to be in it, If we miss out then I can see Bale leaving

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 04:10:46 PM »
Its not enough

Are you serious?...it would be a british transfer record and one of the top transfer fees around in world football.

It,s a massive offer if it happens and one that Spurs will have to look at..we have always maintanied he is not for sale but that will put the cat among the pigeons...personally, i would like Bale to stay with us for another few years at least..we are impoving fast and i really think that we are only a couple of players away from winning the PL...selling him will only knock us back a bit BUT look what we could do with £40 million!

I also see today that Bremen have offered us decent money for Niko and Harry has said that he doesn't want to sell him...what the f**k!..if he's not going to play him why keep him...Harry is really frustrating when the transfer window comes around..he annoys me...i really hope Mr Lewis has a word with Levy soon and tells him to start getting a move on with players coming and going...sometimes i really do think Harry is holding us back with his transfer shenanigans! 
and I love the club."

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 04:37:27 PM »
Yeah mate I am serious, if they really want him and they table 40mill as first offer they will go higher and if we are to sell one of our prized assets lets not drop our pants at the first big offer, british record or not really couldnt give a toss, what I care about is our club and challenging for honours from the usual top 3 or 4.

You say think what we could do with 40 mill??? its not that much in footi terms these days, and look at our high price duff investments (as an example 40 mill would give us 2 David Bentleys and a Rebrov). 

If we were to invest the majority of it in 1 player the wages of that player would be huge and above what we pay anyway, invest in 2 reasonable players ok but would they bring what we would loose in Bale, big risk eh?

THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 06:08:48 PM »
you say think what we could do with 40 mill??? its not that much in footi terms these days, and look at our high price duff investments (as an example 40 mill would give us 2 David Bentleys and a Rebrov).

That was our fault in all fairness...Bentley and Rebrov were never worth that much in the first place..it was a case of us being caught with the balls as they say...i really dont think that we would get more than £40 million for him anywhere else as there is not that many clubs around that could offer that kind of money..he could actually go for less than that!...£40 million would get us two centre backs(£10 million each)and a £20 million pound striker...so i honestly dont think that would be a risk.   
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 08:21:31 PM »
Its not enough

I also see today that Bremen have offered us decent money for Niko and Harry has said that he doesn't want to sell him...what the f**k!..if he's not going to play him why keep him...Harry is really frustrating when the transfer window comes around..he annoys me...i really hope Mr Lewis has a word with Levy soon and tells him to start getting a move on with players coming and going...sometimes i really do think Harry is holding us back with his transfer shenanigans!

I think its more down to Levy himself, yes Harry has come out declaring he wasnts Niko to stay, but Levy won't sell Krancjar for peanuts. Levy is a srewed business man who demands he makes a profit on the players coming and going throught the club. I reackon if Bremen offered more like £4-5 mill, Krancjar would be sold!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 08:23:48 PM by dedleysting »
COYS!

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 10:11:27 PM »
The Niko one is a weird one isn't it?

No point keeping him when he wants to play games and Harry doesnt seem to be using him. I thought they would be happy to get a few of the squad off the wage bill.

Do the Spurs usual i guess and let a couple of them go on the last day and leave us no time to spend.

Not a chance anyone has £40mill for Bale other than City, certainly not Barca or RM unless they offload a lot of talent first.

Not sure which house of cards is going to crash first the Spanish or EPL with everyone spending their income about 1-3 years in advance. Sky have zero competition next time they bid for the EPL they could probably just offer £45 and a night with one of Rooney's old granny hookers and still get it.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »
since Bale now has this seemingly recurring back-problem it now makes perfect sense to keep Krankie as Pienaar will be played at LM and he will now be backup to Mr.P...

also, it may be an indication of both Pienaar and Krankie playing far far more at LM from next season onwards.... why sell Krankie, when he's fully bedded-down in the squad and we can now offer him what he wants: 20+ games a season (from August '11 onwards)...

yet another indication of our 'signalling' to any buyers of Bale, not to listen to our predictable rhetoric on the matter (for fan appeasement) but instead.... to what we actually do..

Offline dbswilfred

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 08:47:45 PM »
Just wondering, lads - If we sell Bale for 40-50mil and then clear out the other guys (say Pavvy, Keane, Gio etc.) and then use the cash (I'm guessing 80mil in total) to buy some real hardcore strikers (I heard on some other threads the like of Falcao or Hulk), perhaps it might be a good move for us. Just wondering. Any views on that?

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 09:13:16 PM »
If we sell Bale for 40+ and buy Ashley Young and use the rest of the Bale cash on a striker then I'll be happy.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Derry-Yid

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 10:02:57 PM »
Sell the deadwood...add that money to the champions league money and we should have enough to get in 3/4 good players....we cant be going selling our best players.
and I love the club."