SpursNetwork

Olympic Stadium

Offline cobra

Re: Olympic Stadium
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2011, 02:50:10 AM »
ugs is right, the area is not worthy of our football club, and about the council, even if it was islington council, a different one from ourselves, the tottenham council should have been bending over backwards for us, but they havent, and we tottenham hotspur f.c owe them nothing.
i say move, and do it now.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »
'not worthy of our football club'.....'bending over backwards'.....THFC owe them nothing'...... who the feck do you think you are, the Queen of Sheba ??....

how dare you denigrade the locals aroung WHL in that way.... what gives you the right to look down your nose at mostly low-paid hardworking families who cannot afford to live in 'posh' areas like Essex and Hertfordshire, and have to raise young families in very difficult lowly-resourced circumstances .... are you a tory by any chance (or UKIP/BNP) ??

the locals owe the club NOTHING.... THEY ARE THE ONES THAT WILL HAVE TO FOOT THE BILL for any subsidy THFC (a commercial plc, not a public sector organisation) get....

lets face it... the club essentially is supported mainly by out-of-towners from miles away, that decided to leave the area a generation ago in whats commonly termed 'white flight'..... they didnt want to live. bring up their kids in an area which attracts coloured immigrants..... so they went to places like Essex to live..

since then they breeze in on matchday on trains,coaches,cars to watch their beloved team and then afterwards GET THE HECK OUT ASAP.... and you demand that LOCAL taxpayers should foot the bill of a subsidy worth 10s of millions, so that these freeloaders can continue to have a jolly once a week/fortnight ??

any jobs for local people, that are based at WHL would be numbered at less than 50.... mainly cleaners, security-staff, and catering-staff.... hardly worth the council 'investing' upwards of 20m( minimum) to sustain...

get yourself educated in the real world..

Offline cobra

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »
gareth i am having a go at the council, no one else, i would love to see the tottenham area get some well needed cash to help those people getting by day to day, the area could do with rejuvenation, and jobs for the people who live there, but the council there havent helped the area a lot have they.
when i saw the plans for the new state of the art stadium we asked the council to let us build, hindrance after hindrance came our way, so levy decided on other options , and beat the deadline for a move to the olympic stadium, and thats where we are now, options, daniel levy will do the right thing for thfc, his first plans were great, and the area would do well out of it hopefully, but the council just would not help enough for us to get the plans in action, thats why we are really thinking of moving there now, and the tottenham fans are starting to think maybe its the only option now, i am glad you feel so passionately for the people in the area, its good to hear, the council hasnt helped us , or as you say the people living there, so this is what i think should happen, the council, and thfc get together, build a state of the art stadium, where we can watch our team, with great transport ,and make the tottenham area a lovely place to visit and live, it could happen, it should happen, but it wont, and thats  the bad truth, i really hope everyone wins in our new chapter, i really do mate.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »
its about the biggest bang for your buck... the council quite rightly will look to gain maximum advantage for the local taxpayers by trying to get the best terms for any huge commercial (re)development in its area.... Spurs will try and get as much dosh from the local council as they possibly can so that they can spend less..

ultimately, should any local council subsidise a private-sector company that essentially provides a leisure product at WHL to a customer-base living mainly outside of its boundaries ??... Imagine British taxpayers being asked to subsidise a stadium so that mainly French customers (having contempt for the locality) can use by breezing into the place and afterwards breezing out again...

at most Prem clubs, the main supporter-base IS from the local area.... most fans are within walking distance of the ground.... the local area benefits from the multiplyer-effect of pounds being recycled WITHIN THEIR COMMUNITY: at pubs, retail-outlets and assorted businesses... there is also a cultural/community multiplyer with having LOCAL FANS,which gives the area a vibrancy.... these things dont really exist at THFC anymore...

for the 10s of millions that the council have been asked to provide to WHL rebuild, they could spent a fraction of that to gain the same level (or better) of local jobs and regeneration...

local-taxes should benefit locals.... not out-of-towners supporting clubs from afar...

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2011, 12:55:02 PM »
'not worthy of our football club'.....'bending over backwards'.....THFC owe them nothing'...... who the feck do you think you are, the Queen of Sheba ??....

how dare you denigrade the locals aroung WHL in that way.... what gives you the right to look down your nose at mostly low-paid hardworking families who cannot afford to live in 'posh' areas like Essex and Hertfordshire, and have to raise young families in very difficult lowly-resourced circumstances .... are you a tory by any chance (or UKIP/BNP) ??

the locals owe the club NOTHING.... THEY ARE THE ONES THAT WILL HAVE TO FOOT THE BILL for any subsidy THFC (a commercial plc, not a public sector organisation) get....

lets face it... the club essentially is supported mainly by out-of-towners from miles away, that decided to leave the area a generation ago in whats commonly termed 'white flight'..... they didnt want to live. bring up their kids in an area which attracts coloured immigrants..... so they went to places like Essex to live..

since then they breeze in on matchday on trains,coaches,cars to watch their beloved team and then afterwards GET THE HECK OUT ASAP.... and you demand that LOCAL taxpayers should foot the bill of a subsidy worth 10s of millions, so that these freeloaders can continue to have a jolly once a week/fortnight ??

any jobs for local people, that are based at WHL would be numbered at less than 50.... mainly cleaners, security-staff, and catering-staff.... hardly worth the council 'investing' upwards of 20m( minimum) to sustain...

get yourself educated in the real world..
What a load of cobblers. Sure most fans do travel in to the games, that applies to most Premier League sides. When they arrive they spend vast amounts of money in pubs and local shops. Christ you can barely get in a pub on Seven Sisters Road on match days. 50 jobs!! dont make me laugh there are hundreds of extra staff employed in these bars. Who would be going in all those pubs if we were not there? I would imagine most of them would be forced to close if we left particulaly the Spurs themed ones. If we build our new ground, and the extra facilities that will go with it, the whole area will get a boost. Jobs will be created during the build, a larger ground will have to employ more staff, the shops and hotels that are built will need staffing, and the borough gets a much needed facelift. Not just on match days but 365 days of the year. To suggest the local council will derive no benefit from all this is just not true. They should be bending over backwards to see that we remain in the vicinity, they stand to be the biggest losers if we leave. 

Offline cobra

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2011, 01:03:40 PM »
gareth the people on here you are talking to, are thfc supporters, and live for the club, no one is putting down the people, we are having a go at the council, and the bad conditions, which they have not helped, sometimes we can become one sided in our statements, and you are taking it personally, that we dont care for the people of the area, we do care, and we hope that the area will flourish soon, but dont put us down saying we just briefly visit our team, and dont care one bit for the area, that is wrong, when i have debated with fellow thfc supporters on our proposed move, we always said lets stay where we are, build that superb new stadium, bring some prosperity to the area, with new buildings and projects, and we were all , yeah thats what should happen, but after all the messing around from the council, we all now think a move is the only option, we love THFC, and we do care about the area also, but what can we do, we are only supporters, and we love our club.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »
what you say is true Taime, there will be more jobs created and once a week there will be a few pubs full..... but its not VALUE-FOR-MONEY...

as for giving the area a facelift, I doubt just building a bigger-nicer stadium will do that.... and you could do alot more for the area and the LOCAL POPULACE by spending such huge sums in other ways that would benefit the communities far more 7 days a week.. basically it boils down to 1 thing mainly....

local taxpayers disproportionately lose...... out-of-town supporters bussed in/out disproportionately gain

PS - as you well know too Taime, due to the 'commuter-support' this club mainly has, the extra jobs in pubs etc would really be on matchdays ie. hardly even temp jobs, that would be covered by existing staff working an extra shift once a week..... hardly sustained employment
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:15:02 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 01:53:13 PM »
If you look at the plans you will see it is much more than just a stadium that is being built. There are shops and hotels and the whole surrounding area (which we own) being revamped. Transport will be improved as well I should imagine. There is not much we as Spurs fans can do individually to increase the local economy, even if we live in the area, apart from on matchdays. Me and a couple of mates going for a drink and a bit of dinner on Tottenham High Street on a dull Wednesday wont make much difference, and the same applies in Blackburn or Wigan or any other town that mainly draws its support from the local area. In fact in those areas it is probably less so. The money coming into Tottenham comes from outside and is a bonus. If you live in one of the aforementioned towns and are going for a drink or a bag of chips regardless of wether there is a game on or not then the football club is not increasing local income at all. You are probably right about the bar staff doing an extra shift, but there will not be any shifts if the pub is forced to close as so many have been in recent times. You have said you have never been to Spurs, well I'll tell you there are an awful lot of Pubs and Bars between 7 sisters station and White Hart Lane. Far to many to be sustained for long by just the local population. Most of them rely on the matchday trade to survive. That area will become a lot more bleak and desolate if the revenue they get from Spurs fans is suddenly snatched away.     

Offline cobra

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2011, 02:19:10 PM »
you speak fine words gareth , sticking up for the local people, but you are talking to the wrong people, you should be marching down to the council office, and telling them , what you are telling us.
we are THFC supporters, not government.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »
you speak fine words gareth , sticking up for the local people, but you are talking to the wrong people, you should be marching down to the council office, and telling them , what you are telling us.
we are THFC supporters, not government.

Summed up perfectly  :up:
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 04:06:44 PM »
the way I see it, the only way the locals get a PROPORTIONATE amount of benefit back from subsidising... to the sum of 10s of millions of pounds... a private-sector company eg. THFC is if the MAJORITY of the supporters that attend are from the local area.... that way, as I've mentioned, there are multiplyer-effects from revenues generated on matchdays, that can help build and sustain a flourishing business/communal environment...

if THFC wanna increasing their revenues from matchdays by building a bigger WHL, then do it.... but dont expect LOCALS thru their hard-earned taxes to subsidise your own  commercial objectives..

this perpetual talk of rejuvenation, gentrification, flourishing shops, hotels and conference-centres is always rolled out by any common or garden PR firm, ready to pull the wool over the eyes of a, still unfortunately apathetic Joe Public.... its up to local government to undertake a proper cost-benefit analysis to any grants/subsidies given, to ensure that its to a net benefit to the local taxpayers they represent..

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2011, 10:19:44 AM »
I would absolutely hate it if we moved out of Tottenham to The Olympic Stadium. It would be the final step in the Ars*nal invasion and conquer of North London. We are Tottenham, N17, and if we leave i would really consider not following although Spurs is a massive part of my life. We must keep our heritage and tradition and moving to Stratford would change all that. I hope Levy sees the light and i hope we get more and more protests going (friendly) at up coming games. You can already hear 'Levy can stick his f**king stratford up his arse' in the south lower yesterday and alot of people were joining in! YID ARMY

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2011, 10:29:16 AM »
they should hold another season-ticket holders application camapaign.... if theres an over-subscription then it can be done on a lottery-basis...

that way, all the season-ticket holders will, by definition, agreeing (or not disagreeing) with the Olympic Stadium plans and will be willing to travel there to see games...... those that dont like it dont have to reapply for membership...

also, a new memvbership application process will allow alot of the locals....PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY LIVE IN N17.... to applyi to be members.... and again, those who dont like it can feck off and not bother to re-apply..

this is actually a good opportunity for Levy to explore this avenue.... I'm guessing the sheep that bleat currently will soon shut up, once there perpetual season-ticket renewal reservations are threatened in this way...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2011, 02:33:16 PM »
they should hold another season-ticket holders application camapaign.... if theres an over-subscription then it can be done on a lottery-basis...

that way, all the season-ticket holders will, by definition, agreeing (or not disagreeing) with the Olympic Stadium plans and will be willing to travel there to see games...... those that dont like it dont have to reapply for membership...

also, a new memvbership application process will allow alot of the locals....PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY LIVE IN N17.... to applyi to be members.... and again, those who dont like it can feck off and not bother to re-apply..

this is actually a good opportunity for Levy to explore this avenue.... I'm guessing the sheep that bleat currently will soon shut up, once there perpetual season-ticket renewal reservations are threatened in this way...

Wish you'd shut up !!!

:)

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2011, 04:30:58 PM »

Wish you'd shut up !!!

:)
:up: you talk rubbish.thfc keeps tottenham alive. the place would become a even bigger ghetto than it is now. WE ARE N17