SpursNetwork

Our Great Tradition...... Inconsistency

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
  • Season Ticket: No
Our Great Tradition...... Inconsistency
« on: November 06, 2010, 06:48:34 PM »

The most painful thing being a spurs supporters for many years is that we have never been able to perform consistantly to our highest ability, no manager has ever been able to install what is missing to make this happen regardless of teh players available.

Every team has an off day but ours you can alwasy assure is after performing to our true ability and getting a good or great result.  Do we then take teh next result for granted????? it happens to often.

I for the life of me cant see why, its almost like we are paid to f**k it up royally when we should be taking the points.

Ideas on a postcard
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: Our Great Tradition...... Inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:41:53 PM »
Today 'Arry tinkered with the team too much that was it simple.

Plus we are suffering with the inconsistency in defence of not picking the same back four

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 11:01:56 PM »
Absolutely right, Metal. But wouldn't it be boring to be a Chelsea or United fan and almost always win?  :ohyeah:

It's terribly frustrating, but we've improved so much over the last few seasons though. That fear before games against ANY team at all has been imprinted in our brains after years and years and years of disappointment.

Keep this in mind though, and yes I'm about to whip out the injuries excuse... We are suffering injury problems with ALL of our first choice central defenders and our best striker has been out pretty much all season. I have to wonder why Redknapp allowed Defoe to play in that last England game when he was clearly carrying an injury. There was no doubt in my mind that he was going to leave that England game and be out injured for months. Perhaps that's because Redknapp is hoping to be the next England manager?

Last season we started with injury problems in defense as well, but the difference was that Dawson was a rock and Bassong was able to play well with him. We had Dawson and King, Dawson and Bassong or Bassong and King. We even had to use Huddlestone and Dawson, but we still had at least one reliable central defender. No disrespect to Kaboul, but we haven't had that all season. Even if we finish 12th this season in the PL, if we get injuries sorted out and hold on to our key players, like VDV and Bale, we'll be unstoppable next season.

It's really frustrating right now, but we're hurting in defense and in attack. Once we get Dawson and Defoe back I have a feeling we'll all be smiling again. We need to figure out if Woodgate will be playing again soon though. King isn't just out because of his knees anymore. He's picking up all these little injuries and we can't rely on him anymore.

I don't so much care about bringing in a new striker anymore after today. I don't think I can take it if I have to watch Crouch play as a lone striker again, but Defoe will be back soon and we need to bring in a QUALITY central defender. I think that's worth spending loads of money on first before worrying about strikers.

Sorry, for the really long response. I was in a very foul mood today after the game and put quite a bit of thought into this.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:56:07 AM »
The difference with us last season and this season is that

1) We played as a unit last season!!
2) This season we have been too reliant on VdV And BALE! Now that VdV is out for few weeks Bale has become the next source for our attack and i hope he does not become like Lennon.

We must get the midfield solid and play as a unit once again. We cant play while relying hopes that Bale and VdV Will save us. Somehow i think Modders and Hudds should play in the middle again in a 4-4-2 formation! Atleast for now its safe since VdV Is out of the picture.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
I think it could be summed up as this .........

We play to our ability one match pulling of an unexpected but deserved result showing what we can do.  Next we have a game against a team that we should bag all 3 points, we go onto the pitch making the mistake that we are better than we think we are, all complacent then suddenly a goal down and the shyte hits the fan.

We can match any team when we pull it together but you dont get Man U, Chelsea even the Goons showing our lack of consistant quality and lossing points often in games we should be getting sumin out off.  Its still not possible to pin point why over seasons this has been our problem.

A regular change of manager hasnt helped, injuries to key players doesnt help but all to often it looks like we turn a corner then whoops red faced again.

Wish Arry would stay out the press too, he aint no Mourinho and able to deflect attention away from his players for big games.
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 12:02:56 AM »

We play to our ability one match pulling of an unexpected but deserved result showing what we can do.  Next we have a game against a team that we should bag all 3 points, we go onto the pitch making the mistake that we are better than we think we are, all complacent then suddenly a goal down and the shyte hits the fan.

Couldn't agree more....the problem we have is....when we play so called lesser teams...we come down to their level...we show them to much respect....we have to go into each game....with the same attitude,desire and work rate ect ect,as if we were playing United, Chelsea or Ars*nal....if players cant lift themselfs to go away to the likes of Bolton and grind out a result then they should be shown the door imo!

Our record against lesser teams baffles me....take at the Reebox for instance...we haven't win there in the premiership yet...thats a shocking statistic...im no manager, but surly Harry and his staff must see that we cant seem to preform to well against the bottom teams...questions have to be asked of some players..why can they do so well against Inter Milan one week and the next week get completely over run,out fought and out played by a lesser team?

"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."