SpursNetwork

Hangeland

Hangeland
« on: August 23, 2010, 12:15:05 PM »
With Billy Gallas now on board I suppose our activity is done in the central defensive area, but I can't help thinking
we should have gone for Fulham's Hangeland. Total class act against Manure.

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Hangeland
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 12:17:27 PM »
Would have liked to see him at The Lane too.  Been impressed by him for quite a while.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:23:54 PM »
none of the top clubs have bought him and hes now nearing 30yrs.... theres a reason for this..

if you want a cheaper version of Hangeland then just head of to Greece who are the current World Champions at basketball I believe, and take your pick..

very suspect on the ground, with little pace.... but he doesnt have a brother playing for Hull...

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
very suspect on the ground, with little pace.... but he doesnt have a brother playing for Hull...
Here we go again... ???

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 01:04:11 PM »
I rate him alot actually. I think most clubs dont go and try to bid for this guy is very simple really. He might be tall, strong, possesses king's Game reading ability but he and alot of times too got a problem with concentration. Maybe im wrong you can correct me but thats how i view him.

That being said i think he is a class defender. You dont see a player like him leading the back 4 and help Fulham go to Europa Finals very often dont you? Top clubs in Prem arent buying him because

1) Chelsea got a stable back 4 with backups
2) Manure the same
3) Ars*nal - They aint going for Fulham players and that was the case with Wenger and Van der sar Before
4) Us - We signed Gallas instead.

Teams below us? Not enough cash or reluctant to pay for a 30yr old.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 02:07:30 PM »
I rate Hangeland but he's very much suited to thew English style of highballs, corners etc.... wouldnt be great in the continental leagues.... Fulham are my 2nd team as I used to live close by, even attended at the Cottage.. they have a great BALANCED squad composed of intelligent players (many ex-Spurs) and have had good coaching and ownership-continuity for awhile..

great little club, as yesterday showed... once again.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 02:13:12 PM »
Here we go again... ???

LOL Riffhard   :D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion