SpursNetwork

Sessegnon

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
  • Season Ticket: No
Sessegnon
« on: August 23, 2010, 11:42:15 AM »
Well this story doesn't seem to want to die.  Does anyone know anything about the guy?

Sessegnon deal possible.

Paris Saint Germain’s Stephane Sessegnon admits he may leave the French club before the transfer window closes at the end of the month, and Spurs are favourites to land the 26-year-old. When he spoke to ESPN he said a move is still possible despite the transfer window closing in the next few days and Tottenham are understood to be interested in the Benin International: “While the transfer window is open then everything is possible.”

Had a glance at youtube and found this Sessegnon 2009-2010 Skills & Goals HD
but while watching it the only real thing I managed to glean from it is that he has quick feet....and uses them to frequently fall over like a sapling in a hurricane!!  Also noted that the video is just over 5 mins in length and despite replays they still couldn't find enough to show and so resorted to fillers like the slow-motion crap at the end, the black screen for 15 seconds towards the start and an intro that showed stuff like him stood with the 4th official.....
It didn't convince me that he is anything more than a journeyman who has a high opinion of his own prowess

thoughts?
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Sessegnon
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 11:50:51 AM »
he's actually a better version of Lennon but not as 'famous' owing to playing in Ligue 1..... I think he would be an excellent and great-value addition, and would be the cheaper, possibly better alternative to a 22m+ A.Young...

I saw abit of Ligue 1 2yrs ago on Setanta and he looked 1 of the standouts even then... can do what Lennon does but also a far grearter goal-threat with his shooting.... can play anywhere of the '3' in a 4-2-3-1 so would be ideal for us...

won't get him tho...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 02:53:03 PM »
But why would we even want him when we have Lennon, Bentley, Krancjar..... it's nonsense a player trying to make a name for himself

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »
to allow a system using both Lennon and Bale in 'midfield' together, we will play more of a 4-2-3-1 where those 2 will fill the wider berths of the '3'...

with so many games this season, we will need backup in those wide areas... players who can play this more fluid system, and who can sprint back to support their fullbacks, all the way from further upfield than standard midfield positions...

ideallly, we will need players with more pace than Kranjcar and especially Bentley (in this system)... like Dos Santos and perhaps someone like Sessegnon (who is anyway a better player than either Niko or Dave)...

still won't get him tho.... I think Arry will feel we can use 4-4-2 if Bale and/or Lennon injured...

think I'll be happy with just Fabbo further coming in (Keano loaned back to Celtic) now that Galllas is here....

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 03:16:05 PM »
to allow a system using both Lennon and Bale in 'midfield' together, we will play more of a 4-2-3-1 where those 2 will fill the wider berths of the '3'...

So the 4-4-2 we played against Manchester City with Lennon and Bale on both wings and Crouch and Defoe up front was a figment of my imagination then.......

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 03:24:21 PM »
actually... it was  :nods:

if you saw the actual positions they took up mostly, you'd know it too...

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
Pure paper talk, think nothing on it lads.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 04:22:28 PM »
I agree with my esteemed fellow-poster in thinking its mainly paper-talk... tho we may be using it as leverage against Wet Spam to get Parker.... ie. you sell us Parker, we'll drop out for Sess...