Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Diarra & Pienaar
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:14:49 AM »
Alot of activity today

William Gallas is heading for his Spurs medical as Harry Redknapp makes his move for Steven Pienaar and Lassana Diarra.

Spurs are expected to offer £6million to Everton for Pienaar and Redknapp believes he can take Real Madrid midfielder Diarra on loan after the Spanish club announced he could leave.

Former Ars*nal skipper Gallas will have tests at Tottenham on Friday as Redknapp looks to strengthen the Spurs squad after a quiet summer.

South African Pienaar would excite Spurs fans. Redknapp has long admired the tricky wide man, who was Everton’s Player of the Year last season.

Pienaar, 28, has yet to sign a new contract with Everton and has just one year remaining on his current deal. His representatives have also been upset that Everton have agreed deals ahead of him with Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta, who had more time left on their contracts.

Pienaar admitted that he would be happy to stay at Everton if they offer him the right deal.

He said: ‘I have a year left on my contract. I’m happy to sign a new one, but at my age it has to be right and fair. The only difference I’ve had with the club has been over what’s right.’

However, it is understood Everton are still reluctant to offer what his representatives believe is right — and Spurs hope to take advantage.

Diarra, meanwhile, was told he is not part of Jose Mourinho’s plans at Real Madrid. Redknapp made an enquiry earlier this week about the player who served him so well at Portsmouth — and at that stage the Spanish giants said he was not available.

But Mourinho has since informed Diarra that the best he can expect is a place on the bench and he has now been added to a ‘for sale’ list, drawn up by Real sporting director Jorge Valdano.

Manchester United, Liverpool and Aston Villa are also thought to be interested in the versatile former Chelsea and Ars*nal player, 25.

Redknapp hopes his relationship with Diarra will count in his favour. The French playmaker enjoyed the best spell of his career under Redknapp at Portsmouth, winning the 2008 FA Cup.

Are these the 3 players that can win us the title, like harry said?

One question really, where's a striker?

Re: Diarra & Pienaar
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 10:08:50 AM »
We definately could do with Diarra, I have absolute no confidence in Palacios.

Pienaar would be good and Gallas would be a great signing.

We do need a top striker and I think Harry is waiting until we qulaify for the Champ league proper so that he can attract one of the top guys.

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Heating up isnt it? I dont think Harry will sign both Pienaar and alexander phlegm 8D  But Diarra would be an excellent signing in my opinion. Make Palacious a bit more competitive perhaps? If we get a top drawer defender(which gallas is despite how much i despise him) one or 2 of the midfielders we are linked with and a quality striker while off-loading some of the deadwood I feel Ol 'arry will have done it again. Interesting times to come in this window.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
this is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing: capitalising on the failings at other clubs and getting huge bargains.

Gallas - a world-class CB on a free-transfer =  A+

Diarra - a v.good CM, experienced, versatile, god athlete, surplus at RM  =  loan deal graded at B+

Pienaar - disrespected at Everton, experienced, can play both wide-roles or 2nd striker, contract 1yr left, for less than 8m  =  B+

if Keano/Crouch goes and if CL group-stage reached, we can go mad and burn some cash for  Fabiano...

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 02:37:07 PM »

Gareth, Fabiano is cup tied, he played in their first leg loss to Braga, 1-0 away, but if Sevilla fail to make it past them and we make it past Young Boys then this definitely would be a gooer.

Offline AuburnSpur

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »
God help the men of the world if this becomes a punishable offense:

"Steven Pienaar's ex-girlfriend Danielle Steeneveld attempted to sue Pienaar for ZAR10.8million in August 2009 for not marrying her.[12][13] Steeneveld, the mother of Pienaar's daughter Skyla, claimed that Pienaar broke a promise to wed and ended their two-year relationship "without just cause", she also claimed that Pienaar took away her contraception so she would become pregnant and that her reputation has been tarnished as she is an unmarried mother and "emotionally traumatised".[14][13][15][16] The case was later dismissed.[9]"

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:19:49 PM »

Gareth, Fabiano is cup tied, he played in their first leg loss to Braga, 1-0 away, but if Sevilla fail to make it past them and we make it past Young Boys then this definitely would be a gooer.

with respect Dominic I was totally aware of his CL-status. If they losr draw then they'd want the 15m cash, if they win then they get 10m guaranteed from CL and will happily sell him in order to not lose him for nothing in 10 months time... also I think that it may help us getting him even further as it may dissuade 1-2 big-hitters from entering the fray...

I'd be quite happpy for Fabbo to forego CL this year for Spurs if we can get him for the next 3 CL campaigns I feel could well follow in succession..
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 03:23:00 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »
Id take Diarra and Pienaar although i really dont know where to play Pienaar. Fabiano's case is abit hard to take. He is cup tied and we might be able to get him on the cheap really. But i really wonder if he would come with our wage structure being really strict. He is getting more than he ever will if he signs for us. Do hope he is not the *Bad* Type of mercenary.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 04:26:15 PM »
I would take Diarra but im not sure where Pienaar would fit in to our side. The midfield is getting overloaded and we need to sell some deadwood to free up some space and more cash. Where is the bloody new striker!?

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
I share your qualms about Fabbo's wages but I really dont think he's getting 80k pounds (100k euros) a week currently..

with only 11 months or so left on his contract, and him being able to talk to clubs in just 4 months time, I feel a bid of 15m pounds will do the trick.. if we can sell Keano (even 6m, to get his wages off us) and maybe even Crouch (8m or so) we'd get Fabbo for a net 1-2m plus we'd save money bu losing both C+K's wage bills... win-win..

still leave us with 2 6' strikers Fabbo & Pav... and Defoe + Gio as 2nd strikers/attacking middies...

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 06:56:27 PM »
Diarra wont happen.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »
I share your qualms about Fabbo's wages but I really dont think he's getting 80k pounds (100k euros) a week currently..

with only 11 months or so left on his contract, and him being able to talk to clubs in just 4 months time, I feel a bid of 15m pounds will do the trick.. if we can sell Keano (even 6m, to get his wages off us) and maybe even Crouch (8m or so) we'd get Fabbo for a net 1-2m plus we'd save money bu losing both C+K's wage bills... win-win..

still leave us with 2 6' strikers Fabbo & Pav... and Defoe + Gio as 2nd strikers/attacking middies...

So losing an England international striker that score's goals and Eire's Captain and top goalscorer for less money than a 30 year old untried in the premiership striker makes good sense.You really are off your freaking head !!!!!!
At this moment in time I would be tempted to keep Crouch, Keane, Defoe maybe get rid of Pav if we had a decent offer and offload Gio as both haven't really set the Prem alight now have they !!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2010, 09:45:31 AM »
Madrid dont want a loan only a permanent deal for £8-5 mill. Or so SSN are saying. Good player might be worth it maybe we can knock them down a bit.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »
Ugs

even when you try to use your demented sense of logic, you still get it wrong dont you...

in case you aint noticed Eire's best striker was on loan last season and has deffo been in the shop-window ever since, surely even pinheads can see that.

Crouch is a good player, but he's more of an impact-sub or backup striker (despite his impressive scoring-stats for England).... did Arry play him against YGs midweek (a rather important game)... NO....

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 11:20:32 AM by Gareth Keown »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
Ugs

even when you try to use your demented sense of logic, you still get it wrong dont you...

in case you aint noticed Eire's best striker was on loan last season and has deffo been in the shop-window ever since, surely even pinheads can see that.

Crouch is a good player, but he's more of an impact-sub or backup striker (despite his impressive scoring-stats for England).... did Arry play him against YGs midweek (a rather important game)... NO....

Gareth

1. I am not demented

2. I am not a Pinhead

3. Did Crouch not start against Man City rather an important game ?

4. Don't be patronising, some people have been supporting this club for a hell of a long time and by the sounds of your posts have a hell of a lot more passion and desire about it than you do !!!!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion