SpursNetwork

Is it racism against Gallas here ??

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Is it racism against Gallas here ??
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2010, 01:46:38 PM »
Takes courage to swap Ars*nal for spurs. Agreeing to take less money gives us an insight to Galls too.

I've never been a fan of him for obvious reasons. He has struck me as a bit of a kid in the past with his outburts, but Wenger obviously saw something in him to give him their captains armband. I wouldn't say he' cpt material but he is a seasoned defender who adds great experiance to the squad especially in the CL.

The early signs look good from the Gallas camp, he certainly seems to be saying all the right things. He could well be a great bit of business by Harry. And a courageous move by Gallas. I hope he does well here. He's a yid now as far as I'm concerned.
COYS!

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2010, 09:24:57 PM »
I agree, i have put my moaning face away and accepted it all.

After all he is now one of us.

Well unless he f*cks up of course!  :ohyeah:

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2010, 10:03:28 PM »
Well, he is here now whether we like it or not. So, all in all we can only support him because he is a Spurs player now. There are too many so-called Spurs fans who despise and bash most of the players in our squad... What is the point?!

I wasn't keen on the idea of Gallas moving to Spurs and there have been other players... And if he proves to be a good deal then fair enough. I support Tottenham Hotspur and so far I have supported it as it is. If Gallas does well then why should I boo him? I shouldn't and I wouldn't. Yet there are people who boo Keane every f**king time he plays, it was also the case with Bent... But  you know, I still feel a bit hurt because how Bent was treated... Too many times I have considered quitting this community here because how short-sighted some people can be but fortunately we have some reasonable and sensible people here as well... But this is a different topic.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 10:09:20 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2010, 10:28:27 PM »
There are certain players who I don't feel do enough to justify pulling on the Spurs shirt.  It should be a thing of enormous pride for anyone lucky enough to do so - i want to see 100% every time or they should just stay in the dressing room.  Lack of talent is forgivable...you can only use what you have, but lack of effort should be a sackable offense. 

All that said, I never understood the rationale behind booing anyone?  If it's an opponent, you fire them up and make them want to do better and if it's one of your own you end up making it worse...or the very least not making it better.  All this "I pay my money, I'll boo if I want" crap? well done, you just forked out £50 for each ticket plus travel costs and spent the whole time making yourself and others around you miserable.  Well done.

In other news, welcome to Tottenham Mr Gallas, may your future and ours be lined with many trophies and more than a few derby victories.

COYS!
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:01 PM »
but derby aren't in the Prem tho'..

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 01:08:41 PM »
btw this is part of the reason I think the daily mail should be strung up.

This is nothing short of incitement and it doesn't even try to dress itself up as anything else.

There are several Ars*nal (current and former) and Spurs (current and former) players who actually get on and are mates away from the pitch.  It doesn't need some stupid jumped up rag of a newspaper to incite world war 3 by making a big deal about it!!

Some of the media outlets in this country have a lot to answer for.

>:( >:( >:(

sorry peoples...needed to vent
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 01:54:43 PM »
Great point Aosoth. The media are the worst for spin!!
COYS!