SpursNetwork

Is it racism against Gallas here ??

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Is it racism against Gallas here ??
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2010, 10:38:39 PM »
its not your fault Miller, so please dont be so hard on yourself...

Dawson, Kaboul, Bassong, Walker, THudd, Corluka..... all good players but not stand-outs for leadership seniority the way King is.... they are alll youngish and inexperienced at CL-level competition...

Gallas has that.

the other teams have it: Carragher, Agger, Vidic, Ferdinand (returning in 3wks), Vermaelen, Terry, Alex..

the only team that compares to us here is Ars*nal.... and they refused to consider him for 2yrs (or Gallas wasnt interested enough to accept their offer)...

Gallas also interested the likes of Real Madrid and even top Italian teams like Juventus, AC Milan (you may not have heard of these 2 clubs, as the Italian league doesnt get many column-inches in the Sun).... but they all wanted 1yr deals alone...

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »
This racism theory is probably the strangest thing I have read all week (and with some of the football stories doing the rounds that takes some doing!!)....it's beyond bizarre Gareth - noxious fumes aren't good for you, get some ventilation maybe  :P
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 10:10:53 PM »
Personally, I am downright mystified by Gareth K.'s liberal concern for Gallas and Campbell - yet, all the while managing to be the most inflammatory member of this community by using phrases like:

"simple-minded British bulldog attitude"
"lilywhite fanbase"
"White-van driving / Sun readers"
"sad little man...with an inferiority complex"
"I'll make sure to use small words"
"you don't understand other than the most basic use of the English language"

The use of the word "colored" is also not appropriate. It only serves to reinforce the perspective of white privilege and serve as a reminder for a time when segregation was the status quo.

I'm not English, but I found these comments offensive. They were meant to be offensive. Didn't care so much for the crack about an "unjust war" and "preemptive miltary action", either, but that's your political opinion. I'll be completely honest. I'm a relatively new Spurs fan from the States. I'm trying to learn from all of you. I don't pretend to know a whole lot. I haven't been part of the history involved in the rivalry, but clearly no one is hating on Gallas because he's black. He's an Ars*nal CAPTAIN with a track record for being a drama queen. Everyone here is just having fun being a football fan except for you, Gareth. You seem to have more fun sniping at the other members of the community and making snarky comments. What's the deal?
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »
cos we all know that segregation ended in the 60s don't we.... how's that line again .... Land of the Free ??....

and when was that little ditty coined ??...

we iz havin a good time y'all, but we iz gettin an ejjucation  doin it, y'hear ??....

should be a great night next Wednesday at the Lane.... 2-0 to the Lilywhites...

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
This is a big wind-up surely??  I'm struggling to work out whether Gareth is simply a troll baiting or whether he's being genuine...

Anyone who's been about longer care to enlighten some of us who really don't know.. ???
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2010, 01:00:57 AM »
Gareth! LOL - What was that supposed to be, exactly? That was totally ignorant. How can you cry racism and then say something as ridiculous as that! It really seems to be in your nature to act like a complete douchebag. You clearly can't help yourself. Have you got some sort of emotional behavioral disorder?  :2funny:

I think you should stick to football and not make it personal when someone disagrees with you. As far as I can tell that's the issue here.  I was beginning to wonder if he's a mole as well, Aosoth.

He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »
the moot point here is that you girls can dish it out, but you can't take it....  :P

hope Fabiano signs today.... I'd polish the chairman's head for a week myself...

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2010, 02:02:58 PM »
its not your fault Miller, so please dont be so hard on yourself...

Dawson, Kaboul, Bassong, Walker, THudd, Corluka..... all good players but not stand-outs for leadership seniority the way King is.... they are alll youngish and inexperienced at CL-level competition...

Gallas has that.

the other teams have it: Carragher, Agger, Vidic, Ferdinand (returning in 3wks), Vermaelen, Terry, Alex..

the only team that compares to us here is Ars*nal.... and they refused to consider him for 2yrs (or Gallas wasnt interested enough to accept their offer)...

Gallas also interested the likes of Real Madrid and even top Italian teams like Juventus, AC Milan (you may not have heard of these 2 clubs, as the Italian league doesnt get many column-inches in the Sun).... but they all wanted 1yr deals alone...

The Sun?  :lol:

Thanks for your usual insightful drivel but let me help you out here with your numbers.

A one year deal with an option is still........wait for it......wait......a one year deal. So there you have it, he didnt sign for all these other clubs that you know were interested in him (you know everything) because he wanted a two year deal.

You sir are a genius.

Your argument about the other teams was also crap because you said we needed top quality experience cover, hence why i said the other teams have just as much of a pressing need in that dept as us.

Keep fishing but try not to act like such an arse to other visitors to the board they might not be used to having to deal with people like your goodself.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2010, 02:11:18 PM »
its 1yr to ppl like you.... but for those fortunate enough to see beyond the immediate actuality...

its a 2yr deal  :up:

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
People like me?  ::)

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2010, 02:47:35 PM »
its 1yr to ppl like you.... but for those fortunate enough to see beyond the immediate actuality...

its a 2yr deal  :up:

It's only a two year deal if the option for the second year is in the players side of the contract, if it's in the clubs side then effectively it's a one year deal !
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
if dearest William plays any part in any of 30 games for his beloved Spurs this season, he will be able to enforce the 2nd year of his contract, as he wouldnt bear being parted so soon from the loving bosom of the club...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2010, 03:08:55 PM »
Gareth are you actually incapable of answering any post without being sarcastic, inflammority or just a complete wind up. Is it any wonder that you are ridiculed for the virtual crap that you spew in every post, and from what I can tell this isn't the first forum you have caused argument and annoyance on !!

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2010, 03:14:11 PM »
of course I can Ugs, anything for you... you know that..

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2010, 11:20:42 PM »
An option to extend. If Gallas really knows his position he would play his heart out and help us alot and pray to god that He did well enough to impress ol 'Arry that he is worth it for another year before retiring for good.