SpursNetwork

Is it racism against Gallas here ??

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Is it racism against Gallas here ??
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2010, 03:11:07 PM »
well said Taimedowne..... and well said Arry..

I wqsnt accusing anyone directly of racism, but I just felt somebody had to put it 'out there' for discussion...

my whole point is that other white and English players have crossed the divide eg. Bentley and even O'Hara, and theres not been such a backlash as what the hint of Gallas' arrival is causing... if we were getting Alex Hleb on a free-transfer or even Robert Pires I really dont think there'd be this uproar at all..

most say that its Gallas' 'mental state' they dont like...... for what exactly ??..... telling his teammates they had to give it 100% to win the title ??.... Crying cos of what happened to a teammate having his foot nearly severed off or not claiming the vital 3pts against Birmingham when Arse had a chance of winning the title 5-6 games to go ??...

anyway.... the real proof of the pudding is what happens when he steps on the pitch at WHL.... where will Arry play him ??.... if rightside CB (as most his career) then Dawson is for the bench.... how will the fans take to that ??..... will he play on Wednesday ??...

watch this space..

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2010, 03:31:13 PM »
I dont think he's eligible for Wednesday I believe we had to name a squad for the qualifiers. Although obviously he will be available should we make the group stage where his experience will prove invaluable.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
even if he was eligible, I wouldnt play him in such a cauldron as a CL decider, for his 1st game at WHL (unless its unavoidable)..

I hope that now we do have that nrew CB, then Kaboul doesnt have to be used AS EXPERIENCED cover both CB and RB and can therefore now be played freely in the team...

Wednesday's Back4 :-

Kaboul..........Dawson...........King..........BAE

we'd do well with this I feel..

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2010, 04:24:44 PM »
It's not racism you idiot it's to do with him and the fact that he's an Ex Gooner

You say Bentley and O'Hara are ex Gooners so just for arguments sake how many appearances did the pair make for the first team............ err just the one combined. All knowing Gareth you forgot Clive Allen who holds our scoring record of 49 goals in a season he came from the Gooners but we love him, you probably know why but just in case as I suspect you know as much about Spurs as you do about football he was at the Woolwich Wanderers for 9 days.
How many appearances has Gallas made 101 and he was also their captain, it's that simple we don't like him because he was a regular first team player for our nearest and bitterest rivals. If your a true Spurs fan you will know your history and why we hate the Scum down the road so I won't bother explaining because you seem to know much more than all the rest of us.

If he does come which is looking likely then we'll have too put up with it and lump it. If he cocks up or chucks his toys out the pram, god help him

BUT WE STILL DON'T HAVE TOO LIKE HIM !!!!!!!

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »
then youre a sad little man..

Gallas played for Ars*nal, he also played for Chelsea.... he is French so I dpubt playing for Ars*nal meant alot to him beyond it being a v.good team playing regularly in the CL and with a French coach with a few French-speaking players... so get over yourself..

if thats really the attitude of the majority of Spurs fans, then we really will fall flat on our faces this year, and deserve to.... Did Ars*nal make such a fuss when Campbel went over ??.... NO.... did they take him as 1 of their own.... YES..

do you know the amount of bottle Gallas is showing even coming to WHL, never mind playing CL games for us ??....

I think ppl like you have a huge inferiority-complex with Ars*nal.... it shows itself in sheer arrogance and blind hatred... abit of rivalry and banter is fine, but lets not take it to such extremes eh... at the end of the day..

its only a game of football.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »

Gallas played for Ars*nal, he also played for Chelsea.... he is French so I dpubt playing for Ars*nal meant alot to him beyond it being a v.good team playing regularly in the CL and with a French coach with a few French-speaking players... so get over yourself..

if thats really the attitude of the majority of Spurs fans, then we really will fall flat on our faces this year, and deserve to.... Did Ars*nal make such a fuss when Campbel went over ??.... NO.... did they take him as 1 of their own.... YES..

do you know the amount of bottle Gallas is showing even coming to WHL, never mind playing CL games for us ??....

I think ppl like you have a huge inferiority-complex with Ars*nal.... it shows itself in sheer arrogance and blind hatred... abit of rivalry and banter is fine, but lets not take it to such extremes eh... at the end of the day..

Sol Campbell was at the height of his career and  screwed us over telling us he wanted time then walked away costing the club around £15million at the time, so no it's nowhere near the same situation. What we are getting is a has been that is at the end of his career and has a dodgy mental streak Ok he may be able to do a job for a season or two, and I accept that if 'Arry wants him then 'Arry gonna have him but I and many others don't have to like it !!

Just for your info I'm over 6 foot and if you listen to the radio and all the phone ins etc I would say 80% of the callers are in agreement with what I've said. I don't know about you but I've supportted this club for over 40 years and remember when Pat Jennings went to Ars*nal, he did it the right way and was always welcomed back to the Lane.

I don't have a complex about Ars*nal I just really don't like them, I was born within 3 miles of WHL and lived in Hornsey and Edmonton so I've lived it and tasted it mate... have you ever walked down Seven Sisters Road (if you know where that is) on a derby day, because if you have then you would understand the situation alot better !

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 05:10:59 PM »
if Campbell had said that he wanted to join Ars*nal before his contract ended, he would have burnt his bridges with Spurs AND been at the mercy of Ars*nal offering him any decent deal.... its just common-sense..

Campbell didnt really owe Spurs anything when he left, having given many years to the cause.... also Spurs didnt lose money on him cos he didnt cost hem anything to start with..

Campbell went at the time to a stronger club cos he wanted to win medals with a club that could offer him that, that allowed him to stay near his family in London, that offered him a great wage...... what PROFESSIONAL footballer or anyone else in a job, should refuse that ??

get over Campbell.... he has.... Ars*nal have..... time to let it go, you'll feel better for it..

and yeah, I get the ole rivalry thingy, most every club has that with another club.... but the club you support is bigger than what its individual employees choose to do within their God-given human-rights...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 06:38:16 PM by ugs »

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 06:38:23 PM »
As long as he scores against the scum, I have made my peace with the deal.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
Whatever Sol Campbells personnel motives were, and to be fair we were in the doldrums when he left. He showed an alarming lack of judgement to leave the way he did. To say he owed us nothing is a bit wide of the mark, Spurs took a young boy and moulded him into a top flight footballer without us he may well never have made it. To be honest and in hindsight he was probably badly advised by his agent these parasites dont care about loyalty or honour only cash although anyone who has spent anytime at Spurs would surely know that going to Ars*nal was never going to go down to well with the Spurs faithfull. I will never forgive him and I will never forget but I dont lie in bed at night fretting about it, life goes on. The Gallas situation is different the Gooners wanted him to stay for sure but he knew he was out of favour and had left not knowing where his future lay that he has ended up with us probably surprises him as much as anybody. Also if I recall correctly he never pushed for a move to Ars*nal but was used as a makeweight in the Cashley Cole deal and went somewhat reluctantly if memory serves. Personaly I welcome him I hope he enjoys his time with us and helps us to a trophy or two, We need all the good players we can get particulaly in an area where we are struggling to keep players fit his experience can only help us become a more solid defensive unit and if he can pass on some of his knowledge to our younger players all the better.
   Gareth Keowns ( any relation to Martin) arrival on here has certainly livened things up. I dont always agree with him but he has sure sparked of some lively debates which are always welcome. 

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 08:06:19 PM »
I think that Gallas is displaying a lot of mental strength already. He has vast experience and that can only be to our advantage. He must surely be aware that his performances will be under the microscope and he will be under extreme pressure the moment he steps on to the field. If he is prepared to endure that pressure and as long as he gives 100% effort to the Tottenham cause I say William Gallas welcome to the Lane!!!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »
taimedowne

Campbell owed Spurs nothing when he left..... yes Spurs helped in his development but in return he gave many good yrs service to the club.... quid pro quo..

any player going into the final year of his contract would be Lady Gaga to declare his hand to not renew his contract:-

1) it would burn his bridges and make it very difficult to stay on if another club didnt make him an offer

2) and if a club did, they would have the whip-hand in any negotiations for a contract - he'd have to take whatever they accept, or stick with a club that would revile him

you may not like what Campbell did as youre a Spurs fan with a very large bias to the club's welfare far and above Campbell's own, but his 1st priority is to himself and his family..... he did nothing wrong and behaved in an entirely ethical way throughout.... all be it not to Spurs' advantage..

if Spurs couldnt trump Ars*nal for honours or wages, thats not Campbell's fault, in fact its nobody's fault.... its just market forces at work..

PS- I look more like Gareth Bale than Martin Keown.... erm... hang on... :P
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 09:02:43 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 09:19:17 PM »

Sol Campbell was at the height of his career and  screwed us over telling us he wanted time then walked away costing the club around £15million at the time, so no it's nowhere near the same situation. What we are getting is a has been that is at the end of his career and has a dodgy mental streak Ok he may be able to do a job for a season or two, and I accept that if 'Arry wants him then 'Arry gonna have him but I and many others don't have to like it !!

Just for your info I'm over 6 foot and if you listen to the radio and all the phone ins etc I would say 80% of the callers are in agreement with what I've said. I don't know about you but I've supportted this club for over 40 years and remember when Pat Jennings went to Ars*nal, he did it the right way and was always welcomed back to the Lane.

I don't have a complex about Ars*nal I just really don't like them, I was born within 3 miles of WHL and lived in Hornsey and Edmonton so I've lived it and tasted it mate... have you ever walked down Seven Sisters Road (if you know where that is) on a derby day, because if you have then you would understand the situation alot better !

>:(

UGS you hit all the nails on the head.

And no he is not showing mental strength all he is showing is that some mugs have agreed to pay whatever ridiculas salary he has been looking for. If he is that great how come no other 'big' clubs have been looking at him. Surely Man Utd, Chelski, Crapool etc etc could do with some cover?

The man is a balloon and all i hope is he puts in a few decent performances and doesnt just steal his wages. I dont hate him because ex-goon-russian-french , its because he is a nut job.

The wages should have been saved to be added to future funds to try and get someone experienced but younger.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2010, 11:06:10 AM »
Miller

you and your rabid little band of reactionaries still dont get it do you ??..

Gallas wanted 2yr deal, the other 'big clubs' didnt fancy it as they have better options with younger players - they didnt need EXPERIENCED cover as much as we did/do...

Gallas has a 1yr contract now with Spurs but with an option of another yr that he can enforce, if he plays 30 games for us this season.... and his wage aint huge at 60k a week (well within what Spurs top-earners make)...

youre a dinasaur mate..... step into the Light.... there there...

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »
Miller

you and your rabid little band of reactionaries still dont get it do you ??..

Gallas wanted 2yr deal, the other 'big clubs' didnt fancy it as they have better options with younger players - they didnt need EXPERIENCED cover as much as we did/do...

Gallas has a 1yr contract now with Spurs but with an option of another yr that he can enforce, if he plays 30 games for us this season.... and his wage aint huge at 60k a week (well within what Spurs top-earners make)...

youre a dinasaur mate..... step into the Light.... there there...

Yawn. Are you still muttering? I like our 'rabbit little band' they all seem to talk sense as opposed to some guy who actually strated a thread asking if people's rejection was based on him being black and then continually refering to David Bentley (rather bizarre but you seem to like the comparison so keep at it).

'they didnt need EXPERIENCED cover as much as we did/do...' Bollocks

So we have Dawson, King, Bassong and Kabul injuries and lack of experience accepted especially at CL level. Of course how anyone gets experience without getting a game i'm never too sure.

Chelsea have Alex and Terry and then a few other dodgers

Man Utd have Vidic and Rio and then fall back on the Likes of Evans and o'shea

Pool have Skirtel and Carragher and then some real mince including some boy from rangers they just signed for 2mill and a dodgy greek.......weird looks to me like they could really have done with Gallas?

But as you seem to know everything there is no point debating much further, i will just go and hang in my cave with the other Dino's