Maybe Pigs Can fly?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Maybe Pigs Can fly?
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:47:51 AM »
According to the Mirror, Jenas is set to sign a season-long loan deal with the Serie A side with the option of a permanent £10-million transfer.
Jenas has been a fringe player under Harry Redknapp, and things don't appear to be improving for the 27-year-old this season.
Jenas' agents were discussing the details of the move last night, said the paper.
The deal will pave the way for Redknapp to make a new signing, as   chairman Daniel Levy has said the coach must offload some out-of-favour   players before making any reinforcements.

Also The Sun reckons Galatasaray 'head the chase' for   Jenas, with Juve, Sampdoria and AC Milan grappling with each other   behind the Turks.

Is Jenas finally set to leave the Lane?

Offline Aosoth

• Hero: Gary Mabutt
Re: Maybe Pigs Can fly?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:01 AM »
We can only hope.  He irritates me.  On his day he shows so much promise, wish I'd had the football ability he had, the chances he's had.  He could have been a proper box-to-box midfielder, the elusive gem....but he just seems to lack interest half the time.  Deadly frustrating.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:25:57 AM »
He's not worth £10 Million.  :lol:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:37 AM »
Well, if it really is true then Jenas is one enigma - Galatasaray, Juventus, Milan and Sampdoria are no muppet-clubs so the question remains - what do these clubs and their managers see in Jenas while most of the Spurs fans detest him? I think it could be the jackpot question in one of TV quiz-shows.

I personally think that as long as we don't have anyone coming in to play centre midfield, we should not ship him out because we have four competitons ahead of us and squad depth is needed. (Sorry to repeat myself)

PS I just read from the official site that he has picked up a bad injury.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
The Jenius to Juventus ??
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »
looks like the much-loved Jermaine Jenas will finally get a chance to regularly challenge for the title and play regular CL football for the remainder of his career.... the guy has always had the talent, of that theres not a shred of doubt, and will now hopefully get the stage that talent demands to be exhibited...

the languid allrounder who alll his club managers have rated v.highly will probably move to Juventus, initially on 1yr loan, and be coached by the man who managed the 'Italian-Spurs' Sampdoria  so well to get a CL place by playing possibly the most beautiful football in Italy last season (sound familiar?)...

his 'calf-strain' is miraculously due to clear up enough to agree personal-terms and pass a medical in the next few days..

Best of luck JJ...... some of us always loved you....... Serie A should suit you well and Juventus are a team that will offer you what your talent deserves..

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
Re: The Jenius to Juventus ??
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:46:23 AM »
Already started a thread on it mate... i'll merge the 2 :up:

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
Re: The Jenius to Juventus ??
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 03:28:30 PM »
Best of luck JJ...... some of us always loved you....... Serie A should suit you well and Juventus are a team that will offer you what your talent deserves..

And he never had the chance or ability at Spurs ?

???
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline bigv

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:02:00 AM »
How long can or must a club wait for a player to deliver??? A season, years? He took too long at white harte Lane and will not get the same chance in Italy. The term shape up or ship out comes to mind and in Jermaine's case the latter is the reality. All aboard young man!!!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 11:53:58 AM »
Jenas has already come good for Spurs, even now in the position Arry wants him to play, which is basically a defensive-midfield role alongside the similar Palacios or even T|Hudd.... for the last 2 seasons its been the 22m euros signing Modric that has been given the licence to roam from midfield and support the strikers..

even in that role he did very well the season before last from Dec-April when we showed Top4 form in a remarkable run-in that say us winning many games..... it was Jenas-Palacios in CM then.... but then nobody bothers to remember that as it doesnt reinforce their prejudices of Jenas... he was subsequently injured for most of last season..

under Jol, we played a different system which gave Jenas far more licence to go support the front-2, and be a true box-to-box player..... 1 season he scored more than the rest of the midfielders combined.... but again, nobody remembers that either (or wants to)..

in Italy they all use a 4-3-1-2 system (basically a diamond in midfield) and playing on the rightside of this 'diamond' would be perfect for Jenas as he will get more licence to get forward along the right-channel... it really is perfect for his natural-game...

Jenas should go to 1 of the CL Italian clubs eg. Juve, Ac Milan, even Sampdoria (if they get thru) and cement a place in his new team.... he will be this season's Bale, if/when played in his more natural role allowing him to go forward, as he did so well under the Spurs system of Jol (when we played some of our most stylish football)..

Mourinho (last year), Juventus, Ac Milan, Sampdoria, Jol, Capello, Ramos even Arry (1st year before JJ's hernia injury) all rated him v.highly...... they just might know abit more about football than most expert Spurs fans (hard to believe this I grant you)...

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 08:08:13 PM »
£10mill for Jenas!! Snap their hand off Harry. They obviously aint seen sh*tbag play recently...
COYS!