Re: Another New Kit!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »
BOTH!!!  I GRUDGE PAYING FOR ONE   >:(

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:21 AM »
 :lol: Good one Biggs, when I saw the name of the topic. I thought WTF we got a 4th kit.  :ohyeah:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline samtheball

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:28:22 AM »
AS a 56year old I normally wear polo shirts with our logo on them I feel very sorry for those supporters who have kids and go to the games
Perhaps if you have the other away kits they could give you a discount at the club shop or web site on this one

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:36 AM »
To be honest this whole kit-hysteria has become utterly ridiculous. The club has released three new kits for every season (even four for 2007/2008) and now they basically release six new kits per season. Not to mention the GK kits... Unf**kingbelieavable :tickedoff:

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Won't be buying, but I have to agree with Sam above - I think future THFC clothing purchases will be limited to shirts/jackets without sponsors.

On a positive note, it seems that the lettering and numbering on the back is a better shade of blue for the kit - different font too.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline GingerPele

• Hero: Lineker
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 01:43:13 PM »
Hi fellow Spurs fans,

I have just started to use SN so this is my first post.

Re: the new kit, I think I will be getting the cup shirt, (depending on how we fair this evening and next week of course) just think with this being our first foray into Europes premier club competition in my lifetime. The cup shirt
has that little bit extra emotional pull.

I do agree with most other poster in terms of our silly policy of having released a new strip every season for the past 3/4. It s  the guys with children that I feel sorry for. (Because of the demand for a new strip, not because they have kids!!!)

Anyway looking forward to plenty of spurs banter as the season continues.

COYS!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 03:57:59 PM »
I very rarley buy one shirt a season never mind 6!!!!
COYS!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 04:04:49 PM »
nobody's asking anyone to buy more than 1 shirt (if that)...

the whole point of the new shirt is to get more money from sponsorship.... this will be done by the players wearing the shirts on the pitch, not by silly people buying multiple shirts per season..

remember, its YOUR choice to buy even 1 shirt.... personally, I've only ever bought a Berbatov-embossed T-shirt from 3yrs ago online for around 20 quid....

so why moan ??

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 04:45:46 PM »
Bit of a gamble by the sponsor having a shirt just for cup games. If things go badly it will be half price in January. Lets hope we are still wearing it in May. Well when I say we I mean the team I will exercise my option and pass up the opportunity to be a walking billboard for some firm I've never heard of. Oh for the return to a plain white shirt with just a proud cockerel for a badge. Got to go Grumpy old men is starting  :ohyeah: 
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:47:30 PM by taimedowne »

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 06:52:36 PM »
we will get more money if we reach te CL group stages.... the sum at the season-end paid will be to a formula based on the type of competition, TV-coverage and number of games played...

its actually a trend-setter in maximising shirt-sponsorship cash FROM THE SPONSOR.... irrespective of how many shirts get sold to Stan the Fan...

5m basic + Cup-run success based bonus..... over 2yrs.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 02:56:04 PM »
I think I'm going to get this one, as oppossed to the Autonomy one, for one there absolutley no red  :lol:  secondley, it comes with free printing  :up:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 03:23:51 PM »
fans should never buy shirts.... at 40 quid for a piece of polyester they are an absolutely rip-off...

also ppl wearing them anywhere and everywhere makes the place look common..... fed up with oiks in Sainsburys and pubs wearing footy-shirts..

just wear the club colours in your normal leisure-wear...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »
fans should never buy shirts.... at 40 quid for a piece of polyester they are an absolutely rip-off...

also ppl wearing them anywhere and everywhere makes the place look common..... fed up with oiks in Sainsburys and pubs wearing footy-shirts..

just wear the club colours in your normal leisure-wear...

So where do you suggest they get the money from to buy your beloved Gallas, I take it you wear alot of red and white then in your casual wear !!!

:smug:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 04:16:46 PM »
as he's a free-transfer it would take zero pounds sterling to 'buy' Gallas.....

he wants a 2yr deal, we are interested in 1yr deal..... after yesterday's pantamime I have a feeling its gonna be a 2yr deal after all..