SpursNetwork

Andy Gray on Sky

Offline malnita

• love spurs and plenty of banter
  • Hero: steve perryman
  • Season Ticket: No
Andy Gray on Sky
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:27:15 PM »
Is it me being sensitive or is Andy Gray very reluctant to give Spurs any credit when due.It appears to me that he is very anti Spurs and will only give praise through gritted teeth.Any one know why?
malnita

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
Re: Andy Gray on Sky
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »
TV pundits are notorious for giving scant credit to traditionally non-Top4 clubs, except a club like Citeh who are mega-rich and eventually will buy some degree of success..

doesnt do their careers much good to make enemies of the big clubs who are hand-in-glove with Sky.... just ask the refs...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 02:46:02 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 05:53:11 PM »
That's fat Scottish Evertonions for ya. Jelious that Spurs are better than Everton
COYS!

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »
Is it me being sensitive or is Andy Gray very reluctant to give Spurs any credit when due.It appears to me that he is very anti Spurs and will only give praise through gritted teeth.Any one know why?
I can only agree with you he has always been the same, he talks as though he was the greatest player to grace any pitch, and if you listen to him through 90 mins his alegience changes to whoever is winning.

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 03:34:12 PM »
If you think he's bad wait till Trevor Francis gets going. He hates Spurs with a passion I've never heard him say a good word about us. And as for Alan Smith.........

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 05:39:17 PM »
I bought 1 of Trevor Francis' old tracksuits once..... from some mush in Shepherds Bush..

paid cash of course, the guy wouldnt accept credit-cards for some reason.

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
i hate sky, at lease ruined the big 4 slogan from sky

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 08:45:24 PM »
Actually last season Andy Gray did complement us, it was against Hull in pre-season, I remember the look on my old-mans face, it was priceless  :up:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson