Harry and winning the Premiership

Offline Nosey

• Greaves was the greatest
    • Peter Blight L Driver Skills
  • Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Harry and winning the Premiership
« on: August 13, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
How I hate reading that Harry said if he gets the three players he wants we'll win the title...  Hope he didn't really say that.  We can all do without the pressure.  Let's face it, we're all nervous enough already.  Let's get a few wins under our belts before we ask for trouble!
Nosey spur

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
Re: Harry and winning the Premiership
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 09:08:44 PM »
Yeah he did mate...ugs posted it here earlier http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php/topic,1191.0.html

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »
I think it's great that 'Arry has actually come out and said that we are trying to win the League better than the usual 4th place or let's get to 40 points and see what happens rubbish. If you don't aim high you may never reach the heights you are destined to achieve !!!!!!

Audere est Facere ....... To Dare is to Do

:nods:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 12:28:41 AM »
Harry's comment was old and re-issued out of context. At the time, he was taking a jab at Man C's spending and made the remark that, "If I could go out right now and buy any 4 players at any price from anywhere that I wanted - I guarantee that we would win the title." (maybe not verbatim - but damn close) He said it over three weeks ago, right after the Kolarov announcement if memory serves. The number four was relevant because of Man City splashing the cash for Silva, Toure, Boateng, and Kolarov.

With Harry's ability and our current squad, I wouldn't doubt his claim either. If he targeted four guys that we needed and could definitely buy them - we probably SHOULD win. The Guardian remixed the quote and tacked it onto the end of the Spurs season preview Wednesday.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 12:37:48 AM »
The TalkSport interview referenced above states the quote in the summary as fact, but if you listen to the interview he debunks it within the first minute. TalkSport says 'Harry several weeks ago you are quoted as having said that you are 3 or 4 players away from the title -- the fans want to know if it's true' -- Harry laughs and says 'Well, let's get the quote right then -- is it 3 or 4 that I need?' - lol. (again - not verbatim, but that's the gist)
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »
Right on to say we're gunna win the league - year ends in a 1! Throw in the champions league and FA Cups for good measure! COYS

Offline Nosey

• Greaves was the greatest
    • Peter Blight L Driver Skills
  • Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 12:51:38 PM »
Love the optimism, Stazmo!  And you're bang on.  Maybe that's the attitude we need flowing through our veins.  Always aiming to be the best.  Always being SPURS!
Nosey spur

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »
I have to say with our solid squad, if we went out and brought in and a few quality additions like City have made this season, we would have a better chance of winning the title than they do, as there squad changed too much, we have more cohesion, and they will take longer to gel, despite them having an amazing team on paper, last season proved you can't always buy a championship, Chelsea also showed it takes a few seasons. However I do expect them to be up there this season with us again.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 03:51:32 PM by Dom07Tottenham »