SpursNetwork

Gallas

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Gallas In Talk With Spurs?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 08:52:53 PM »
Speculation is growing.......I've opened the draw....
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Southlondonyid

• Never red
  • Hero: Bale&modric
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 09:53:17 PM »
I hope it don't come true, do need some more cover for woody & king. But surely not a gooner reject.  :o
I would be dead if I was in red

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 10:07:56 AM »
Gallas is the perfect CB for our circumstances..... the defensive horror-show on WTuesday will only have convinced Arry even more of our need to have Gallas in the team (especially when King is out)...

if we get CL, chances are that King will not be able to play in either the Prem and CL for at least 4 months, cos he cannot play 3 games in 7 days week in week out..

in that situation... and after Tuesday who can dare argue otherwise.... we will need an experienced, respected by peers CB who can marshall the backline and provide the leadership there we so obviously lack in King's absence..

get Galllas.... get him now!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 08:45:40 PM »
Gallas medical tomorrow morning !!

nice Arry.... tres tres nice  :up:

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 11:23:21 PM »
Please God No! Looks like the deal will be done this weekend, i hop Juventus or Fenerbahce who are also interested in him come in with a late offer! It goes against our morals.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 12:14:46 AM »
morals ??

2 words...

David Bentley

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:40 AM »
maybe Gallas will just sign the 2yr deal and if he doesnt get a fair go from the supporters, then he will just let in the odd goal or give away a penalty or 3....

he'd have to pick his matches tho to do that for maximum impact....

of course I hope he doesnt do so.... but I'd find it hard to resist myself..

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 07:01:55 AM »
Assuming that he did that Gareth. Does that show his lvl of professionalism and would you rather have someone else after he did that? :lol: :lol:

Im really getting restless with this rumors about him joining us though. Theres even news he is doing medical now! OMG...

If this goes through, ill be reserving my judgement until we fight legooners and if he scores a goal and put smug on le'gooners id reconsider my opinion on him. For now, ex-Gooner status "Hate".

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 08:50:05 AM »
Look, if it happening now...we got to put our feeling behind us now and trust harry.

so what if Gallas has played for Ars*nal, this is no different than sol Campbell going to sc*m

We going to have to support Gallas now,because it looks like he's our player now.

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 10:02:39 AM »
This whole playing for Ars*nal thing is childish and played on too much.

I don't like Gallas on a personal level but he is a great player and we need a new CB desperatley and what better deal is around than an experienced quality CB on a free transfer.

He's captained teams, got CL experience and and proven in the prem, I think it's a great deal if we get him.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »
unfortunately, there are alot of Spurs 'fans' like CountPuchi whose default position on this (and Life in general) is 'hate'.....

Campbell was welcomed into the Ars*nal fold very quickly and never felt he had to be better than everyone else just to be classed as average-good in the team..... I wonder if Gallas will be given the same benefit ??..

if he isnt, he will feel the hate and the undue pressure that comes from it, and the feeling will quickly translate to the rest of the team.... if that happens, I can see our performances tinged with fear and negativity and we will go back to the standard under Ramos just before Arry took over...

we will get exactly the team we will deserve...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:38:41 AM by Biggs »

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
Campbell was welcomed into the Ars*nal fold very quickly and never felt he had to be better than everyone else just to be classed as average-good in the team.....
Well, it seems that this is the difference between Spurs and Ars*nal

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2010, 01:21:19 PM »
hate to say it, but I do have the impression that our fans are sometimes the Millwall equivalent in the Prem....

Offline oxfordspur

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2010, 09:38:04 PM »
Harry knows he needs good cover for Ledley and Gallas on a "free" is a perfect deal. Don't think you can compare it to Campbell leaving us. He was life long Spurs player. Gallas was only at Arse for 4 seasons I believe.

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2010, 01:56:45 AM »
I was a tad skeptical about this when i heard it(Ars*nal   connection obviously)..but the more i think about it,it could be another master   stroke by Harry.

We all know Gallas has a temperament and he's   prone to the odd outburst but he has the experience at the top level of   the game and thats something the back 4 at Spurs dont have atm..if we   can get past Young Boys on wednesday night his experince could be vital   in the group stages.

He's taking a pay cut to come to WHL..so   he's not coming for the money..he'll sign a one-year deal,with a   guarantee of an extra year if he starts 30 games..it shows that the man   has balls too..to cross the north london divide..even Wenger said the   other day that Gallas received "an exaggerated bad reputation"(thats the   media for you again) while he was with them..people are kicking up a   whole fuss about it..is there really any need for it?...As Harry said   its not the Yorkshire Ripper he's signing.

He could turn out to be one of the best free's of the season imo.

COYS
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."