Gallas

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Gallas
« on: August 11, 2010, 07:34:48 AM »
Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is considering signing former Ars*nal skipper William Gallas to solve his defensive crisis.

Redknapp is desperate to get a centre-half by the end of the month because of concerns over the fitness of Ledley King and Jonathan Woodgate.

That has led him to weighing up a shock move for Gallas, who is now a free agent after failing to agree a new deal at Ars*nal this summer.

While the Frenchman's links to Spurs's bitter rivals could anger some fans Redknapp believes his experience will benefit a squad who will play in the Champions League for the first time if they overcome Swiss side Young Boys in a two-legged qualifier this month.

ALot of talk about this over the last couple of day... I'm not sure how much is in it. Would you accept Gallas at the Lane?

I have to say, I reluctantly would  :-[

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Gallas In Talk With Spurs?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:14:51 AM »
I could accept us signing Bellamy who is a total psychopath but a good player nevertheless. I could never accept us signing Adebayor, Gallas or any other French/ex-Ars*nal b******. Simple as that, I don't care how good players they are, they are arrogant and troublemaking.

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 11:15:21 AM »
Maybe you shouldnt read the latest ITK then mate
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:46 PM »
Maybe you shouldnt read the latest ITK then mate
I'm not sure I want to. Actually I have pretty much given up on speculating who'll stay and who will be sold. As long as the news doesn't appear on the official site, I don't believe it. Makes my life a bit easier.
We can shout here that Harry should sign this or that but the fact is that Harry doesn't probably visit this site (he should, though  :P ) and will buy or sell players he sees necessary.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:56:57 PM »
Please Nooooooo, not the incredible sulk !!!!!!!

Please do not sully the Good name of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club this man is not worthy of wearing the lillywhite shirt !!!!

:'(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:33:44 PM »
If this deal gets any further than speculation, I'm going to bring out my pistol and start playing Russian Roulette.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:56:02 PM »
Apparently hes looking like 80K a week..so its not going to happen..paper talk thats all it is.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 06:26:31 PM »
80k a week!!

We wont be offering him that!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:37:54 PM »
Please God Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I would never forgive Harry if he brought him to The Lane. I dont want any scum coming over here. Like Riff said no matter how good they are it would just be going against our ethics.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
forgetting that he plays for them,  he's no better than who we have now.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 04:53:03 AM »

If we could get a better player than great, but surprisingly looks like we are struggling to get anyone this window. My only gripe about the player is as illustrated by soccernet he has been involved in a succession of arguments and has demonstrated  a petulant streak which can translate from dressing room to pitch. Being stripped of the Ars*nal captaincy in November 2008 after he broke  the trust of the dressing room when criticising team-mates in public.

Well the other day Harry confirmed said that we are in talks with his people, and that wages aren't an issue
 "I like Gallas," said Redknapp. "I think he's a great free transfer.
     "It's a possibility. He hasn't been greedy at all. His people have rung up and we spoke about it.
 "I thought at the start of the year there were three fantastic free  transfers available - David James, the England goalkeeper, Joe Cole and  William Gallas.
 "He's a player I think would be a good player, he's an experienced  player. He's played at the top level, he won championships with  Chelsea."
 Redknapp dismissed his Ars*nal connections as a problem and added:  "You can go on for ever about that. He played for Chelsea as well. We  put too much importance on that all the time.
 "If he comes in and plays rubbish, then the crowd will slaughter  him. If he comes in and plays great, they will love him. That's  football."
full article

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/england/story/Redknapp%3A-Spurs-gunning-for-Gallas
So looks like his wage demand aren't going to be a problem,he rated ou chances as 50/50 but after the Macca game, according to the daily mail Harry Redknapp says he would like to take Craig Bellamy and William Gallas to Spurs but fears that he will miss out on both this summer, they failed to confirm it by actually backing it up with a quote from Harry saying that it is unlikely
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1303228/Harry-Redknapp-fears-hell-fail-bids-sign-William-Gallas-Craig-Bellamy.html#ixzz0wdxrnj8O

OMG he played for Ars*nalhole so what, he played for Chelsea first for 5 seasons, 4 seasons Ars*nal, you guys want Hleb who played 3 seasons for Ars*nal. Gallas has played 57 games in CL, that is a wealth of experience, especially compared to some of our players who have played CL Pavlychenko who in comparison played a meager 8 CL games, Gio 1 start 4 subs, Woodgate 5 games but will he even feature this season? Modric played 4, Robbie Keane 4 also, Corluka 2. Gomes and Cudicini are the only ones with decent CL experience with 35 games and 18 starts 1 sub, respectively.

« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:02:06 AM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 11:00:34 AM »
I personally think Gallas will go abroad as I don't think he will come to Spurs, not being funny but would go to work somewhere to be booed and have insults hurled at you constantly. No matter how thick your skin is that kind of abuse will get to you, and with a dodgy mental attitude like his it won't take long before he would be sucking his thumb and spitting his dummy out !!!!

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 05:59:28 PM »
Levy won't pay this 33 year old xgooner £80 grand a week for two years!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2010, 09:59:37 PM »
If were after a frenchman Loic Remy may just be the answer!

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2010, 10:25:34 PM »
Yeah Remy could be good. But would signal the end of Pav, crouch or keane
COYS!