SpursNetwork

GIVE GIO A GO 'ARRY - FORGET YOUNG

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
  • Season Ticket: No
GIVE GIO A GO 'ARRY - FORGET YOUNG
« on: August 10, 2010, 11:37:00 AM »
IMO WE NEED TO GIVE GIO A CHANCE, NOT PAY OVER THE TOP OR LOSE 2-3 SQUAD PLAYERS FOR ASHLEY YOUNG. WHAT DO YOU RECKON??

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: GIVE GIO A GO 'ARRY - FORGET YOUNG
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 11:49:11 AM »
I do think he has a part to play this season.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »

Surely neither Villa or us would swap Jenas, Keane and Bentley for Young, especially with Milner and O'Neill  leaving. Rumours are Gio is going to Fiorentina on loan, I hope this one is purely tabloid speculation when he is playing so well in pre-season, and it looks like he could really add some spark this season, much like Bale did, he has fantastic skill, dribbling and pace, and is very creative for the strikers, he already has 2 assists and 1 goal in the few pre-season games he has played.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:03:41 PM by Dom07Tottenham »

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:37:30 AM »
I do think he has a part to play this season.

So does Harry  :D
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 05:36:22 PM »

IMO WE NEED TO GIVE GIO A CHANCE, NOT PAY OVER THE TOP OR LOSE 2-3 SQUAD PLAYERS FOR ASHLEY YOUNG. WHAT DO YOU RECKON??

Surely neither Villa or us would swap Jenas, Keane and Bentley for Young.

Before reading these to comments i was all for dumping Gio and go getting Young.

But ive been pondering about Dos Santos and now i really want to see Gio do well here. He was touted to be on of the best in the world before he signed, yes he had since gone off the rails slightly since he moved from Barca but he showed signs of vast improvment before he got crocked last season in the CC.  :-[

Since then Gio had very good WC with Mexico and like many have already stated, a good pre-season with us with goals and assists etc. So if he keeps his head down and works hard Harry can't ignore him and won't ignore him, after all Harry likes him a lot too so i now think Gio will get some playing time, if he can continue working hard and developing, this time next season we could be talking about Gio Dos Santos in the same kind of way we have been talking about Gareth Bale AND THAT EXCITES MEEEE  :D :D

He could be like a new signing if/when he begins to sparkle.

COYS!!

COYS!

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 05:57:53 PM »
I agree - Giovani dos Santos was surprisingly bright at the World Cup and Harry has said that he'd give him a chance to prove himself - to pass the nightclubs as well as he can pass the ball (Harry's words). Gio is versatile, he can play on both flanks, behind the striker as well as up front. Yes, Young might be more experienced but why should we swap two or three squad players for one player whose equivalent we already have?

Bentley covered well for Lennon last season, Keane has been prolific during the pre-season and whether people rate Jenas or not, Harry will play him. We have a league, Champions League (hopefully) and two cup competitions ahead of us so swapping many players for one (who has a considerable record with injuries) would seem like putting all eggs in one basket.

All in all - the club should keep Bentley, Jenas and Keane and give Giovani dos Santos a chance to shine. At the moment we don't need Young.

PS Dear scotspurs, please find the Caps Lock key, it is not considered polite to write your whole message with capital letters. No offence.  ;)

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »
I agree - Giovani dos Santos was surprisingly bright at the World Cup and Harry has said that he'd give him a chance to prove himself - to pass the nightclubs as well as he can pass the ball (Harry's words). Gio is versatile, he can play on both flanks, behind the striker as well as up front. Yes, Young might be more experienced but why should we swap two or three squad players for one player whose equivalent we already have?

Bentley covered well for Lennon last season, Keane has been prolific during the pre-season and whether people rate Jenas or not, Harry will play him. We have a league, Champions League (hopefully) and two cup competitions ahead of us so swapping many players for one (who has a considerable record with injuries) would seem like putting all eggs in one basket.

All in all - the club should keep Bentley, Jenas and Keane and give Giovani dos Santos a chance to shine. At the moment we don't need Young.

PS Dear scotspurs, please find the Caps Lock key, it is not considered polite to write your whole message with capital letters. No offence.  ;)
NONE TAKEN - I mean none taken !!! :up:

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 06:44:40 PM »
Agree with previous posts. Gio looked sharp in preseason - 'arry has been talking him up as well so he may get a chance this season.

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 05:10:25 PM »
He's definately got something. Depending on his behaviour in other areas, put him in or sell him

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 08:56:20 AM »
Didnt see much from him against young boys to warrant a place on the right ,left or up front for that matter. No better thatn we already have in Lennon, Bale etc.

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 01:42:35 PM »
Gio just disappoints every time i see him aparts from meaningless games