SpursNetwork

Really Starting to Wind Me Up !!!!!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Really Starting to Wind Me Up !!!!!
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »
So you criticise Corluka by saying that he gives the ball away tooo often, and then you go and defend Jenas, you make no sense
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
I also said that in our 4-4-2, the central-middies eg. Palacios and Jenas can get out-numbered in midfield by the teams that play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-5-1..... Corluka plays RB mostly..

can you see a difference yet ??..... or do I have to spell it out..

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 04:54:02 PM »
TBH I am really happy with it.
The bookies rarely get anything wrong.
In this instance I think they are.
Therefore I am happy to take advantage of the odds.
Last year I really felt we had a good chance of a top 4 finish, and put money on it. I could only get 9-2, which I didn't really feel were good odds.
This season I believe our young and exciting squad will improve to a degree that it is impossible to predict. Another year older, confidence of last year, continuity of management, to name but three. Add to that we don't even know who will be coming in, and I feel that 33-1 for the title is way previous by the bookies (get down Corals, I got a Lady on it at 40-1 ;)). I think it is a real outside chance for the title, but if we get some serious recruits now and in Jan., and get off to a flyer, as the fixture list suggests we may, who knows? I got 3-1 on us to finish in the Top 4 at Ladbrokes; I'm going to Corals tomorrow to see what they are offering on this. I strongly suspect that after a couple of transfers in, and some good early results (I hope) and our odds will tumble soon enough.

But there again, I could be wrong...and that is why it is a gamble.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 09:32:03 AM »
lol, I have never complained about the bookies being too generous with their odds and i dont think i'll start now.  8)

I am going to have some of that 40-1 action, you just never know!

Also i believe that the odds will reflect the money being bet accross the country so lets face it, this just means that less people are backing Spurs than they are poo and city. The bookies dont really care about probability after there initial prices are released, it then just comes down to balancing the books.

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »
Lets be honest, I dont think we are quite ready to challenge for the No.1 spot just yet but what does seem encouraging is as a team we are now believing that we can take on the big boys, rather than just turning up and lying over.