SpursNetwork

Arry NOT looking for City rejects

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Arry NOT looking for City rejects
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2010, 01:41:31 PM »

Yes, yes and yes, that is why I agreed with you last post on you above points.

The jury is still out on Young although, great player, and definitely would add depth to the squad, the only concern is playing Bale back at LB when he was such a revelation at LM, and was one of our best players, also with Gio in form, showing his quality, if Young comes in Gio's game time might be limited, as he plays wide on the left, upfront, or behind the strikers. Would prefer Young over getting, Bellamy, Parker.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
I think whenever possible we should play Bale at LB rather than in midfield, as due to his freakish pace with stamina over 93mins, it gives us virtually an extra man when we go forward as he can bomb down the left flank all day long.... this gives a 'virtual 5' in midfield when attacking, as well as the 2 strikers..

if we play Bale at LM, we dont get this benefit of the 'extra man' , as we will have 4 in midfield still and the 2 strikers..

also, it allows either Modric or Kranjcar to play in their more natural positions: cutting inside from LM and supplementing the central-middies, thus making us more solid in the middle too..

PS - I think A.Young may be used as much as a 2nd-striker as either wide-left or wide-right.... he can play in that Defoe-role in the team too.... we will have ample games to accommodate Lennon, Young, Dos Santos into the team (with injuries, game frequency/intensity).... even over 90mins its now a 14-man team game..

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:39:45 PM by Gareth Keown »

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2010, 10:33:35 PM »
Bale cant defend therefore I would be against him playing lb. Asso is a capable defender and is the one for that position. Ok if asso is injured by all means slot Bale back in there but only them imho. He is too effective on the wing to play anywhere else. Cb is more of a worry for me.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2010, 12:16:31 AM »
Bale can defend, but he needs to play there consistently so he can learn and improve.... the fullback positions are harder to learn than the wide-midfield role, as you have to learn to integrate into a back4 with all the covering issues and offside coordination with the other defenders....

Ashley Cole was seen as a bad LB who could attack better than defend at the same ripe old age of 21yrs...

BAE is a great LB too IMO, and he will play many many games and against the bigger teams where we will need to defend more..

we will need 2 v.good LBs during the course of a full season..

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2010, 12:46:55 PM »
looks like a deal for Fabiano could well be back on.

depends on Spurs getting thru the CL qualifier... if not then Levy will go for the resale-value option Loic Rremy at around 13m, so any deal for either will not happen til after 25/8.... Fabiano will cost a write-off value of around 14m pounds with around 70k a week wages in a 4yr deal...

Jenas will be off on loan to Italy soon enough (saves us 2m in wages), Keano + Bentley could very well be p/x for Ashley Young.... and Gallas should be here by this time next week..

its shaping up better than I expected..