SpursNetwork

are Dawson and Corluka viable ??

Re: are Dawson and Corluka viable ??
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 03:07:51 PM »
Corluka at RB and Dawson at CB are good players, Corluka 1 st class, Dawson still slightly off being top drawer. Need another CB - I would like Cahill from Bolton.. or Jagielka from Everton. Then we are solid....

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 06:16:54 PM »
together, Dawson at CB on the rightside next to Corluka at RB tactically is a disaster waiting to happen..

I trust Arry not to shoot himself in the foot with that option..

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
so in your great wisdom you'd have Dawson at right CB and Corluka as our RB..... probably the slowest rightside defence in the entire league...

we might get away with 1 of those in the team... but both playing alongside each other, thereby making it difficult to cover a large contiguous area for a lack of pace ??.... we'd deserve everything we get..

if as I think, Dawson will start at right CB then its imperative that he's covered on his right by the pace of Kaboul to compensate.... as well as King/Bassong to Dawson's left.....

I'd be shocked if Arry played both Dawson and Corluka in the same team anymore (unless forced to by injuries etc)
together, Dawson at CB on the rightside next to Corluka at RB tactically is a disaster waiting to happen..

I trust Arry not to shoot himself in the foot with that option..

Yeah Gareth, I agree Charlie and Daws in the same team is a disater, I mean last season we were knocked out of every cup competition at the first stage, and got relegated. We have absolutley no hope for next season, League 1 here we come  You know i've always liked the red side of North London. Oh and heres a tip for any Managers reading this, you had best start recruiting 100m sprinters becasue pace is the only attribute that would win a match, being able to read the game is just some hocus pocus that coaches like to the fat kids in order to get them to play. So lets sign Dwain Chambers, I believe he will be free during the summer of 2012.

Sorry for that lads, I just wanted to know what it was like to talk absolute bullsh*t, I can see why you enjoy it Gareth. Honestly if you think that Charlie and Daws are that bad then you've got to stop going to the Bricklayers before games, it's reeeeeeeeaaally clouding your judgement.  :up:
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 12:23:05 AM »

Sorry for that lads, I just wanted to know what it was like to talk absolute bullsh*t, I can see why you enjoy it Gareth. Honestly if you think that Charlie and Daws are that bad then you've got to stop going to the Bricklayers before games, it's reeeeeeeeaaally clouding your judgement.  :up:

Spot on mate, we really are crap with Daws and Charlie hell we would be light years away from qualifying for the Champs League or beating any of the so called Big Four etc

Ps Gareth do us a favour and give it a rest now it's becoming really tedious and to be fair your so far off the mark you could play up front for the Woolwich Wanderers !!!!!

:D :up: :D :up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 12:44:05 AM »
LoL Honestly i dont know why Charlie and Daws cant work together. It isnt as bad as Bassong and BAE on the left. 2 right footer players on the right, 2 left footed players on the left. Its the perfect combo im telling yah!

In anycase based on my pov i think we win most of our games with Charlie and Daws playing together. Not to mention with King on the side we hardly concede! *Note that im not saying we never concede with king playing*

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 01:02:14 AM »
I don't rate Corluka at CB.. and dawson has shown before in my eyes that hee needs a decent CB along side him for him to play well.

i agree a new CB is needed
First goal from bad kick out fom Gomes, perfect cross, not their fault

Corluka is a liability more often that not, giving the ball away far too often

So I agree

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 08:05:10 PM »
your man-crushes on Dawson and Corluka are reasonable enough, as I think we can get by with 1 of them in the Back4...

but both there next to each other, covering the rightside together would certainly be entertaining at least for the opposing fans.... so its nice of you  to think of their welfare and value-for-money so much.....

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 09:50:40 PM »
Ok then, mate, whats driven to deciding that Charlie and Daws make such a bad combination, I mean considering pretty much every other spurs fan disagrees with you and so does a certain 63 year old cockney man, who lets just say knows what the f*ck he's doing!!
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
if Sandbanks Arry starts both Corluka at RB and Dawson at CB in the next few games, I shall humbly beg for your forgiveness..

personally, I'd go with Kaboul as our regular RB and use Walker to cover the position... Corluka should move on in January.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2010, 01:24:11 PM »
looks like Gallas may well be coming to relegate Dawson back to the bench.... the perfect addition at CB with extensive Prem-winning and CL experience, still got more pace than Dawson despite his age, no major injuries to date, FREE TRANSFER, can even play at RB, and captain Spurs in King's absence.....

TICKS A WHOLE LOAD OF BOXES.

give him the 2yr deal that he wants and lets get the transfer-window moving..

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2010, 02:13:39 PM »
Captain Spurs when king is out?! ARE You out of your minD!!! WHICH Fan WOULD ACCEPT THAT?!!

Ex GOoner capitan~! omg.. if he does come and gets the armband ill personally shoot 'Arry!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2010, 02:20:02 PM »
typical short-sighted Spurs fan..... cutting your nose off to spite your face..

in case you hadnt noticed they took 1 of ours not long ago and did rather well..... Galllas also played mostly with Chavski not Arse..

maybe we should strike the League Cup win from the record-books under the man with the raincoat too.... would that make you feel better diddums ??

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2010, 02:44:42 PM »
looks like Gallas may well be coming to relegate Dawson back to the bench.... the perfect addition at CB with extensive Prem-winning and CL experience, still got more pace than Dawson despite his age, no major injuries to date, FREE TRANSFER, can even play at RB, and captain Spurs in King's absence.....

TICKS A WHOLE LOAD OF BOXES.

give him the 2yr deal that he wants and lets get the transfer-window moving..

I would have thought that he would be cover for King and Bassong to play alongside Dawson as I would think that Dawson is a nailed on to start every game as long as he is fit !!!!
Personally I wouldn't sign him for a couple of reasons he's is ex scum and past it and two he has a real attitude problem and sulks over the slightest thing.

It seems that you like to just be very controversal Gareth, and try and stir things up a bit.

:nope:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
does mentally unstable count as an injury????

Bill Nicholson

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2010, 04:19:35 PM »
I dont agree that Gallas (if he comes to Spurs) will be used to cover King as Bassong does that for the left-CB slot....

Gallas if he comes will play... the guy for the last 7-8yrs has played mainly as the rightsided CB therefore will be in direct competition with the hardworking, nice blokey bloke but less talented, less experienced and still slower (despite being younger) Dawson..

Gallas at RCB and King/Bassong at LCB..... with Dawson, Walker (even T|Hudd, Corluka) as cover for CB..... that's ample insurance for injuries/suspensions..

I like Dawson, but he still aint as good as a 33yr old Gallas in nearly every criterion a CB needs..

lets LOVE Spurs more than we hate Ars*nal, just for a change eh..