Ashley Young to Spurs?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ashley Young to Spurs?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 09:25:52 AM »
I think 3 players, is to much.... 2 of them ok... but 3? Could be shooting ourself in the foot there

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »
Well it would trim the fat in some much needed areas.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 03:51:49 PM »
Don't think he would be a squad player, I think 'Arry's looking to team up Bale and Young on the left and Kaboul and Lennon on the Right to give us to very fast flanks.

Only my thoughts could be way off the mark but that's the way I read it

:-\ ??? :-\ ??? :-\
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 07:29:23 PM »
Don't think he would be a squad player, I think 'Arry's looking to team up Bale and Young on the left and Kaboul and Lennon on the Right to give us to very fast flanks.

Only my thoughts could be way off the mark but that's the way I read it

:-\ ??? :-\ ??? :-\

Kabouls a CB mate, Charlies our first choice RB!!!!  :D
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 11:10:36 PM »
Yeh I realise that Kaboul is a CB but he played the last few games of the season at RB and looked good going forward especially against Man Citeh.

:D :D :D :D :D
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 04:02:06 AM »

This one has been thrown around like hot potato , I have no idea whether it has any substance to it or not. I rate Young, if Jenas, and Keane were to go the other way, plus cash, would be a decent move it may leave little room for Bentley although.
Can Young play on the left too?, I think Milner mostly played left and Young right, he had a good record last season with 5 goals and 7 assists.

If we got Young there would be no room for Bentley, we also have options at LM the in Modric, Bale, and Krancjar, who all play very well at LM, and Lennon on the right, Bentley backup, would he be a starter?, surely he wouldn't come unless he was first team.
If Young were too come, Bentley is no match for Young. If he can play on the left I would say move Bale back to his original LB, even though he was a huge asset at LM, and play Modders and Thud in the middle, Lennon on the other wing, Krancjar coming on as a impact player.

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2010, 09:40:16 AM »
Ship out Jenas and maybe Keano , stuff Parker and Bellamy these are not players that are going to bring the club forward they are too old ! Young would be good though !
What we really need is a tried and trusted premiership defender like Phil Jagielka or Brede Hangeland that can hit the ground running , King and Woodgate are injury prone and at this level and with the amount of games we have to play we need cover !! :nods:

Offline Colspur66

• Hero: Glen Hoddle
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
Like most of us seem to be I am a a fan of Ashley Young, but to be honest I would rather see GIO given a chance.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 01:00:47 AM »
Listening too talksport tonight and apparently Young deal could be alot closer than you think as Villa are only offering him a small wage increase to try and stop him from leaving. Villa are basically a bit cash strapped at the moment due to Randy Lerner not wanting to pile more money in at this time after making a loss of £84 million last year. The rumours are that they will let Milner go to Man City for Cash Plus Shaun Wright Phillips to replace Young when he leaves and apparently that will be to Spurs. Young's father is also a Spurs fan and Young was born in Stevenage... Could be all smoke and Mirrors but the hack they had on seemed to know his stuff and seemed quite sure that this was a possibility !!!!!

:nods:
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:03:11 AM by ugs »

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 09:34:34 PM »
A.Young and M.Richards is the way forward for us now.

I'm starting to believe
COYS!

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 11:44:53 PM »
A.Young and M.Richards is the way forward for us now.

I'm starting to believe

Dont know about Richards..Young would be a great signing for us..him on one wing and Lennon on the other :up: 
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 11:48:16 PM »
Please extinguish your cigarettes and stow all luggage, the seatbelt sign has been illuminated by 'Arry the next few weeks could see a bumpy ride !!!!!

8D 8D 8D

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 07:57:42 AM »
Derry-yid, regarding Richards, my views to why we should snap him up are he's young and English. Only a couple seasons ago he was likened to the calibre of Ferdinand and Terry, he has since fallen by the way-side but that's not to say he's no good. I think he became complacent at City and wasn't pushed to work hard nor have the manager(s) actually sorry to coin a phrase, but put an arm round Richards.

If we were to snap him up I'm truley believe HHarry would give him something to work for, keeping him motivated and get him into a new mind set. I think at Tottenham the likes of Woodgate and King and the coaching staff would really rub off on this rough diamond and within a year we could well have one of the best young Englih centre halfs in the country.
COYS!

Offline Doug77

• Hero: Messi
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 11:10:48 AM »
I really cant see this now O'neill has left..
I promise we will finish 4th! - Mancini
Our bad...

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 11:56:39 AM »
Really???????? Loadsa people reckon he left because the chairman said that Young will be sold.

Bill Nicholson