Ashley Young to Spurs?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Ashley Young to Spurs?
« on: July 24, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
There talk in the Mirror today... that we are interested in getting Ashley young for a swap with Robbie keane.

What do you guys think?

Personally i would love to have Ashley Young :up:

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
Re: Ashley Young to Spurs?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
Yh but his move poses the same questions as Cole's move did, where would he play and we he start????
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
True... but we could off load bentley for him i reckon.

maybe Modric to move to the centre?

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 01:25:43 PM »
would love him too - bearing in mind they are prob losing milner they are bound to want more than just robbie keane - they wont be short of cash if they get 24m for milner, so I wonder if they would settle for keane + hutton or keane + jenas or keane + bentley. i really rate young and i believe that he could play either left wing or right wing so very useful cover for either lennon or bale. because they are fast and willing to take on players, both bale and lennon are at risk of injury from bad tackles and we need someone quicker than bentley, who just overelaborates and slows our game down. young can also cross, deliver a good dead ball and chips in with a few goals. even in an average season he did ok last year, but the previous year he was one of the best players in the prem. sadly I think its a long shot.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »
This would be an interesting signing and could signal the end for BAE as Bale would probably move back and Young would play in front of him. That would be one hell of Left side going forward, defending may be a bit of a concern though. As for the Fee Keane and £5 million (approx total £13-£15 million) should be enough I would hope although I still think Keane could do a job for us.

:up:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
I'm happy with the wingers we already have.

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »
I'm happy with the wingers we already have.
Same here. I believe in squad harmony and gelling. Bentley really took his chance at the end of the last season and I'm convinced that he is a good squad player for us. As he is injured right now, I don't think that anyone would consider buying him, especially because it's an ankle injury he has.

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 03:04:57 PM »
Great player, but can't see it happening

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »
I'd like to have him at the Lane, but its begs the same question as with Cole, where would he play and what would this mean for Bentley, Taarabet and Dos Santos?

Dont think it will fly to be honest
COYS!

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 09:51:45 PM »
I think this may be happening. This rumor has been around for a long while and it makes sense. If Spurs bring in Bellamy, Richards, and Young - we will have 2 solid players at every position. Keane will go to Villa plus cash and Jenas will be sold eventually. Those moves would cost the club around 20M, leaving about another 20M to attract a big name veteran with CL experience (Raul ?) IF we qualify for the group stages. At that point we may see Gudjohnsen back as well for added squad depth.

25 man squad:
G - Gomes, Cudicini, Pletikosa
RB - Corluka, Kaboul
CB - King, Dawson, Richards, Bassong
LB - Bale, Assou-Ekotto
RW - Lennon, Bentley
CDM - Huddlestone, Palacios
CAM - Modric, Raul, Sandro
LW - Young, Kranjcar
ST - Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Bellamy, Gudjohnsen
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 11:08:32 PM »
I think this may be happening. This rumor has been around for a long while and it makes sense. If Spurs bring in Bellamy, Richards, and Young - we will have 2 solid players at every position. Keane will go to Villa plus cash and Jenas will be sold eventually. Those moves would cost the club around 20M, leaving about another 20M to attract a big name veteran with CL experience (Raul ?) IF we qualify for the group stages. At that point we may see Gudjohnsen back as well for added squad depth.

25 man squad:
G - Gomes, Cudicini, Pletikosa
RB - Corluka, Kaboul
CB - King, Dawson, Richards, Bassong
LB - Bale, Assou-Ekotto
RW - Lennon, Bentley
CDM - Huddlestone, Palacios
CAM - Modric, Raul, Sandro
LW - Young, Kranjcar
ST - Defoe, Crouch, Pavlyuchenko, Bellamy, Gudjohnsen
Sandro is a CDM. And I really hope we won't sign Bellamy and/or Gudjohnsen. I think that Keane can be better than these two.

Offline Dom07Tottenham

• Hero: Gareth Bale
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 03:01:08 AM »

Villa are loosing Milner and are getting truckloads of cash for him, they won't need to sell Young and will hold out for a huge fee, why would the get rid of both top wingers, would be suicide, can't see any chance of this one happening as I believe Young is quality.
Even if we signed Young, BAE would not be going anywhere, with a huge season coming up we wouldn't leave ourselves with only one out and out left back in Bale, and without BAE that would mean, Bale would not be able to play left mid, unless we played 3-5-2 but really can't see that happening.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:08:56 PM »
I do like Ashley Young but i really dont think we need him and even if we did i dont think Villa would sell. Hopefully we can offload Keane to them and maybe Jenas. We need to sign a big name striker!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 07:44:42 AM »
The papers are reporting we have offered Jenas, Keane and Bentley in exchange for Young. I'd be happy to see the first 2 go but I think we have yet to see the best of Bentley, I'd prefer it was O'hara, but I cant see this happening far to complicated a deal to many agents arranging personal terms, and would all 3 want to go.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:13:39 AM »
The papers are reporting we have offered Jenas, Keane and Bentley in exchange for Young. I'd be happy to see the first 2 go but I think we have yet to see the best of Bentley, I'd prefer it was O'hara, but I cant see this happening far to complicated a deal to many agents arranging personal terms, and would all 3 want to go.
If it really is true, then it would be a very stupid move - three ok squad players for one squad player. Pointless.