SpursNetwork

Champions League.... The question is, will we qualify for it again.

Hi Guys, my name is Raji; Spurs fan since i could wipe my own ass (which was about 6).  ;)

I'm worried  :-\  Although i'm happy with the team at the moment, this is no question that we need to strengthen further before the start of the new season. Ars*nal will be stronger next year, as will Liverpool. Man Utd and Chelsea will occupy the top 2 yet again BUT, we all know Manchester City will be a force! Where does that leave us!!!! 6th...??

Our manager is a very good manager; but nothing more. Thats where we have lacked for sooo many season.

I know i sound very negative on the back of such a formidable season but its time to face the realities of next season, and i can see us being less impressive than last season.....

If you had to sign 3 players; who would it be???

I would like to hear your views... I just hope people stay away from Bale; he has world class ability!!!

Anyway nice to be a member and i look forward to replying to your comments.

Raji

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Champions League.... The question is, will we qualify for it again.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »
Hi Raj welcome to the site....

That is one thing i has stressed... getting in the CL is a massive opportunity for us, and we need to build on this, other wise we will seriouly miss out.

Personally i think we should be looking to hopefully challenge for the title next season and at least another 4th place finish, anything else is a failure i think.

Most of you might say " WTF?! No way will we challenge for the title" But i honestly belivie getting in the CL give you that possibility.

I just hope we don't miss the boat here, because this is a massive opportunity we have on our hands and i just hope we make the most of it.

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 06:32:58 PM »
Like what Biggs said above, once you have finished in the champions league places you are in the contention to surely challenge for the title the season after. We must strengthen the squad and it is exicting that we are even more attractive now for big players to join us, we also MUST qualify for the group stages of the champions league or it will be a waste and an embarressment. I will make my decisions on how we will get on next year after we have signed some players! Come on Harry get on with it!!!

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 10:09:58 AM »
Quicker the WC finishes and we get on with signing all the world class stars the better  :)

The laugh of it is we could really have had a crack at the title last year as the other 3 seemed to want to throw it away for a long period. Unfortunatly for us it coincided with lennon being out and some poor home results v's Wolves etc.

Next year i just hope we get through the tough qualifier  and if we can keep 4th that would be majic.

Think Utd finish behind the Arse but until comings and goings are known it a tough call.

F*ck it, i have changed my mind, we will the league by at least 20 points.  8)

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 03:21:04 PM »
I believe ManU, the Arse, and Villa will lose ground. Chelski will be there. At the moment, Spurs are superior to Chity. The boys with the bling still haven't found an identity. For my money, Spurs are the most desirable cohesive unit at the top of the table. Everton will be on the rise again as well. We will finish top 4 again - possibly even THIRD. One big signing could catapult us into the top 2 with Chelsea.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 03:50:11 PM »
it will be a much tougher league next year thats for sure, the transfer market always throws up suprises like i was suprised david silva went to man city

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:42:21 PM »
Welcome to the site mate.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 02:24:06 PM »
Third and fourth are going to be up for grabs.

Liverpool have a great new manager but what about the financial situation and the takeover? Ars*nal have done very little in the transfer window, Man City have done too much and it will take them time to gel - also, just how good a manager is Mancini?

Yes, it's going to be hard but it always is for the top clubs!

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 05:06:14 PM »
Our manager is a very good manager; but nothing more. Thats where we have lacked for sooo many season.

I can only disagree with this statement as when 'Arry took over we had 2 points and not much hope, relagation looked a real possibility, 18 months later and we finish 4th and qualify for the Champs League.
Postman Pat Capello cocks up in the World Cup and 'Arry's being chatted up for the England job... I argue 'Arry is much more than a very good manager and under his guidance we will continue to grow and become a better side. We took a very big step last season with 'Arry and I believe it's the first of many we need to be behind him and the team all the way.

Liverpool, Man Citeh, Villa, Everton etc all good sides but not as good as us it's in our hands and possesion is 9 tenths of the law, they have to take it off us now!!!!!

:coys:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 06:34:01 AM »
I don’t know why people focus so closely on transfer activity. A strong, cohesive team bond, and a will to win is what makes a team successful. I want that of tottenham.

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 10:15:26 AM »
I pray for the best and hope for the best that we can qualify again this year. I see that we have a settled squad and most players are wanting to play for one another. There is really a new found toughness in this Spurs for a long time! Hopefully, the manager can bring in 1 or 2 good players starting with CB - Gallas!