Stoke City v Tottenham
« on: May 09, 2015, 08:50:18 AM »

Stoke City
____

v
____

Tottenham

Barclays Premier League - 9th May  - KO 15:00  - Ground: Britannia stadium

Stoke are without defender Marc Wilson, who serves a one-match ban after being sent off against Swansea last week.
Marc Muniesa returns for the first time since February after a hamstring injury, but Geoff Cameron is absent due to a hamstring problem of his own.
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino has Mousa Dembele and Andros Townsend back after they missed last week's defeat by Manchester City.
Full-backs Ben Davies and Kyle Walker are their only absentees.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:17:21 PM by RiffHard »

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Stoke City v Tottenham
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2015, 03:17:42 PM »
Added feeds.

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 04:09:10 PM »
Season over, if you ask me.

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 04:29:51 PM »

It's been over for weeks.  :hide:

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline RiffHard

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 04:44:39 PM »
God, I can't remember the last time we looked so utterly crap.

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 07:41:10 PM »
I really worry about next season we have so many below average players who are hyped up to be this and that, its untrue in reality the whole squad with perhaps the exception of Loris, Ericksen and Kane need replacing.
Which we all know will not happen!
So enjoy all the hype over the summer that we are in for everyone and as usual will buy no one .
And end up sniffing around cheap options cos that's what we do!!!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2015, 07:12:08 PM »
God, I can't remember the last time we looked so utterly crap.

I do!

Almost every year for the past 20 + years and believe me, there is more to come!

>:(

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:22 AM »
Once again we have been papering over the cracks for most of the season. The 4th worst defence in the prem, and apart from Kane Eriksen & Chadli the worst attack.
We really are in a mess, and whether Poch can do anything about it remains to be seen.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 04:36:59 PM »

I wouldn't say it was over yet; with Southampton losing (twice in a row, as we have) we are still in a fighting position to get a Europa placing.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 08:41:19 AM »

I wouldn't say it was over yet; with Southampton losing (twice in a row, as we have) we are still in a fighting position to get a Europa placing.

Voice, you miss the point. We have been in the Europa League many times. And how well do we do ?? Crap is how we do because crap is how we are. There really is no point in being in the Europa League unless we have at least an outside chance of winning the thing. Teams like Fiorentina and Benfica, who are second string European teams make us look stupid. That is how bad we really are. Stoke piss all over us. That is the reality of our season.

Offline Paul Finch

• Hero: Billy Nick , Dave Mackay and all of the SPURS Legends
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2015, 09:45:25 AM »

Voice, you miss the point. We have been in the Europa League many times. And how well do we do ?? Crap is how we do because crap is how we are. There really is no point in being in the Europa League unless we have at least an outside chance of winning the thing. Teams like Fiorentina and Benfica, who are second string European teams make us look stupid. That is how bad we really are. Stoke piss all over us. That is the reality of our season.

Being in the Europa League has, in my opinion, probably cost us a Champions League spot at least twice maybe three times, :tickedoff: because generally after playing a Europa League game we then either lose or draw the next PL game, normally against very poor sides. ??? I realize, that for financial reasons we need some sort of European Competition, but I think ultimately we are better off not being in it, :nope: :nope: just my opinion. :-\ :-\
:SN:[font

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »

I agree with you about Stoke, however, why is our Europa league matches interfering with our league matches? Our squad is big enough to cope? I put it down to the players. The current squad was not assembled by our manager, therefore he needs a team of his choosing. Other teams manage to win the Europa league and do well in the league and if we have the right team we can do it as well.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »

Being in the Europa League has, in my opinion, probably cost us a Champions League spot at least twice maybe three times, :tickedoff: because generally after playing a Europa League game we then either lose or draw the next PL game, normally against very poor sides. ??? I realize, that for financial reasons we need some sort of European Competition, but I think ultimately we are better off not being in it, :nope: :nope: just my opinion. :-\ :-\

In theory I agree with what you say, however, we need the European competition for the money and the new stadium. Without it we will just be considered also-rans. Mid-table wannabes.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 07:22:23 PM »
The Stoke game was terrible. In fact the last couple of Spurs games have been substandard. We need to win our last two games to make sure we get a place in the Europa league.

I agree that we can achieve success in the Europa league and the Premier league if we have the right players. I also agree that Pochettino isn’t to blame, but the players he inherited. Poch did a good job with what he had at hand. But now we must look to the next season and to bring in a few more players, and at the same time allow others to go.

A part of Spurs history and future is in European competitions, whether that is Europa or the European champions league. We also must not forget that to pay for a new stadium we need European competition.

Jane x