4th or FA Cup?

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
4th or FA Cup?
« on: February 25, 2010, 10:37:00 AM »
Now we are in the quarters, there's a good chance we can be in the final.

But, what would you rather finish 4th or to win the FA Cup?

Personally i would rather finish 4th. If we win the FA cup the next season will just be the same as this season.

If we where to finish 4th we could expect something totally different as far as seasons go.

Offline CountPuchi

• From the Far East SPURS Fan!
  • Hero: Messi
Re: 4th or FA Cup?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
Id say both~! Why not. Pav is still fresh! He can help us! But honestly id say 4th. We must atleast taste it once and from there know where we are really weak!

Offline ozoha

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 12:03:11 PM »
I think the most important now is qualify to the UCL.

Audere et Facere!

Offline Chelmsford_yid

• http://www.myspace.com/bennysufc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 04:27:31 PM »
In my lifetime I havent seen us finsh 4th or win the Fa Cup, even tho I was around in 1991? I was 4 LOL!

FA Cup = Europa League

4th place =  Champions league (Q)

Both = Champions league (Q)

http://spursnetwork.com/forums/index.php?board=40.0

I have no idea what a DDOS attack is but it sounds a bit like a girl with large breasts attacking us? Is there any video of the attack as i would like to watch that one day?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:21:13 PM »
If its a choice then its got to be Champions League football hands down for me (i suspect it to be the same of rthe vast majority of spurs fans)

The CL is frankly where we want to be playing and is where all the best players want to play. The FA Cup is a fantastic tradition and we have a great history with it. I am still desperatly hoping and praying we go all the way, but given the choice of the two it has to be the Champoins League!
COYS!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 02:56:24 PM »
This is a very tough question and it has been asked around many spurs fans recently this season. But as much as i want to win silverware and the FA Cup which would be fantastic, i would prefer to taste Champions League football as it is where all the best players play and we could really progress further as a club. IF we do make 4th and play CL football next year it would be great and we would attract more players to the club and would progress seasons on from that. I really hope we get to wembley again though! Its a great day out!

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »
CL easily, plus if we're playing in the CL we will attract a higher calibre of players which means an even better chance to win it next year. However there is no reason why we cant do both this season.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline toadlad

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
Definitley 4th. it's going to go the the last day of the season. Whichever team out of us, city, Pool and Villa gets to 70 points will come 4th. It might even come to goal difference, which would favour us.
We need 18 more points from 9 games. That's 6 wins. Beating Man City will be the big one and is must win as it's a 6 pointer. City will come 4th if they beat us. If we don't get anything from Man U, Chelsea or Ars*nal, then we have to win the rest. Stoke away looks the toughest, and that next up. If we don't win on Saturday we'll have to beat one of the top 3, it's about time we did Ars*nal in the league anyway!
Smiler

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 08:49:53 PM »
Agreed, but at least we beat stoke today. Personally though I'd say that 20 points from the remaining 8 games would secure 4th, which is achievable if we only drop 4 points from now until the end of the season. As for the F.A cup we've got a, hmmm how to put this, well we havent got the hardest route to the final. I still maintain the belief that we can do both
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
Yeah I think we'll beat Pompey at Wembley. We outplayed them last weekend with out really breaking a sweat. Don't get me wrong, pompey WILL be up for the cup semi-final with it being at Wembley, and with it being potentially there last ever chance of success they need no incentive to want to beat us, after all we did hire their manager and take all their best players bar Kaboul  :D By then we (should) have Lennon, Defoe and Palacios back from injury, so I really fancy our chances against a depleted and almost mathematically relegated Portsmouth side.

Who are we to face in the final?

My hopes say Villa, but my head says Chelsea, they totally destroyed them last weekend. Villa seem to have burnt out at the crucial stage of the season again! I don't really think it matters who we face in the final as we'll be up for it, plus we can beat anyone and both Villa and Chelsea can and have been beaten by weaker sides.
COYS!