SpursNetwork

French snub hurts Malbranque

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
« on: March 24, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »
Steed Malbranque has revealed his disappointment at receiving no recognition from France coach Raymond Domenech.

The midfielder has impressed in patches for Tottenham Hotspur since joining the club from Fulham last summer.

The former France Under 21 international is keen to play for the senior team, but has yet to be called up by Domenech.

His omission from Domenech's plans has left Malbranque aggrieved, particularly as the national team boss has not been to see him play.

Malbranque is hoping that, if he can continue to deliver for Spurs, it will finally lead to a call-up for Les Bleus.

"I'm just a little bit disappointed because the French manager didn't come one time to see one game," Malbranque told Sky Sports News.

"I'm just disappointed about that. It's life, but I'm okay.

"I didn't speak with the manager.

"I think if I want to play for the French team I need to play very well with Tottenham and after that we will see."

I really think if he keeps his current form up and we continue to do well he should get a call up. But he has to be consistent.

Offline Biggs

• To Dare Is To Do
    • SpursNetwork
  • Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 12:31:51 PM »
To be honest i dont think he is ready for, the French side yet

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 05:28:06 PM »
He would be a superb squad player, as he is versatile and energetic. Not ready for the first XI but def for the squad.

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 11:57:10 AM »
i dont know much about the current france squad. but to say he has impresssed in patches is unfair. imo he has been brilliant when ever fit.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 12:02:01 PM »
Quote: "I think if I want to play for the French team I need to play very well with Tottenham and after that we will see."

Is he saying its even harder to get in the side from Spurs? or he acknowledges the competition for places is tough.
There be dragons

Offline Powerage

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 03:55:10 PM »
He more than deserves it, but I'm not sure his style is suited for the national team as he is a monster in midfield, physical, powerful, smart, agressive. Not really how I would describe the French national squad. Too many fairies playing.

Offline COYS

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »
yeah i think battles in the middlefield and definatley deserves a plce in the squad, maybe not the starting 11 but definatley the squad.

also did chimbonda get called up for the french senior squad?
Berba > God