SpursNetwork

Spurs 2 Ars*nal 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 2 Ars*nal 2
« on: March 05, 2016, 05:58:00 PM »
We were all-over them. They got a player sent off; what more could we ask? We went from one down to 2-1 up and all we ended up with was a two all draw. A totally wasted opportunity.  We had more shots on goal, we had more percentage of the game, but all that our match has achieved is for the other clubs to get closer to us.

The only good we can take from it is that our draw was more damaging to Ars*nal than us. We are three points above them, and still second in the league.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 2 Ars*nal 2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 06:46:57 PM »
I wouldn`t say this result has damaged Ars*nal more than us.After the run they`ve been on they must be chuffed to get a draw at WHL with 10 men.I didn`t see the game but I listened to it on the radio.WE battered them for practically 70 minutes then ended up drawing.Much like the game at the emirates.The only good thing is that we are still in touch with the top but we`ve got 2 tough games coming up against Liverpool away and utd at home.We need to put some daylight between us and the teams below us before then.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »
Sooooo disappointed. We should have blown them out of the water. Ten men and we could only get a draw. The majority of the match we were dominating. To win a league we need to win matches like this.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2016, 02:57:26 PM »
Yes, should have won, but we often seem unable to finish the opposite team when we are in front, even with most of the posession,  so comimg back with 2 quick goals againt an Ars*nal hell bent on not losing is quite remarkable.   6 points gap would have been fantastic, 3 points is still not bad.  Could have been worse, they could have scored a 3rd goal in the final minutes!

Still a lot to play for.  :up:

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 04:56:18 PM »
Spurs have got to be careful otherwise their lead might slip. Yes, we should have won, but we didn't so we have to move on.  :hide: :up:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Regardless of playing ten men Ars*nal still looked dangerous on the break and in a derby that significant a 3rd goal was needed and that save that was inches from being over the line was crucial to the result! having said that 11 against 11 we never created a real chance in the box, we were guilty of shocking set pieces and corners and when they went 1 up lets be honest here they where comfortable! we had loads of possession but no real penetration till the sending off, when that happened and we scored twice it was so annoying how we went to sleep for Sanchez goal, definitely two points dropped from 2-1 up but a point il take.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »
Within a week 4 points dropped. We now need to pick ourselves up. Villa isn't going to be a pushover and even those on the bottom are due to a couple of wins before they go down. Let us hope it isn't us. As for Dortmund, a tricky away game. They are favourites to win the competition.

I hear Ars*nal have a couple of injuries after their Hull victory. If we play our cards right there could be a gap opening between the top two clubs.