SpursNetwork

Anybody fancy to make argument.......

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Anybody fancy to make argument.......
« on: February 14, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »
Anybody fancy to make an argument in why Spurs can't make or end in the top four?

Who do you fancy for the top 4 teams?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline yidmafioso

• Season Ticket: No
Re: Anybody fancy to make argument.......
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 06:47:57 AM »
I don`t think that anybody could argue against the fact that spurs are the best team in the country right now.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 08:17:19 AM »
We are 10 points above Man Utd. There is no reason after yesterday's performance to think we should blow that. Indeed our players, manager, and supporters must now be thinking of achieving a top 3 finish at worst. Unbelievable really after so many years of let-downs. Everyone in the squad now seem to be playing their part, unlike City for example who rely on 3 or 4 World class players to perform every game, which they clearly don't. Long may it continue.
However it ends this season, we really have achieved a great turnaround from the past few seasons, and have something very special to build on.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 08:18:50 AM »
Oh, and by the way I think the top 4 will be as now. In which order I have absolutely no idea.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 04:36:56 PM »
Oh, and by the way I think the top 4 will be as now. In which order I have absolutely no idea.

I'll go along with that. I can't see United or even Liverpool catching up. As for Chelsea, they are definitely out of it. Going back to United, I expect the manager to be sacked, but when is the question. Probably when they get knocked out of the European Championship.

As for Pochettino; I expect him to be given a new contract soon.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:05:06 PM »
I see it this way:

1. Ars*nal
2 Spurs
3. Leceister
4. Man City

I cannot see anyone creeping in there and I would be very upset if either Liverpool or Man U managed to bum their way through! or even West Ham!

And I sincerely hope that 1 & 2 will be reversed. Just being cautious, thre is nothing wrong with dreaming!

:hide:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
I see it this way:

1. Ars*nal
2 Spurs
3. Leceister
4. Man City

I cannot see anyone creeping in there and I would be very upset if either Liverpool or Man U managed to bum their way through! or even West Ham!

And I sincerely hope that 1 & 2 will be reversed. Just being cautious, thre is nothing wrong with dreaming!

I don't see Ars*nal winning and against Leicester they were lucky, for two reasons. First Leicester had a man sent off and secondly a stupid fowl (at the end) resulted in their goal. Ars*nal are not good enough to win the league. I am not sure about City, but I do think it will be between Leicester and Spurs.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 10:04:28 PM »

I don't see Ars*nal winning and against Leicester they were lucky, for two reasons. First Leicester had a man sent off and secondly a stupid fowl (at the end) resulted in their goal. Ars*nal are not good enough to win the league. I am not sure about City, but I do think it will be between Leicester and Spurs.

Jane x
[/quote]

Our pen was a liitle dubious to say the least and we always need a little luck in the same way as the Arse did.

I hope you are right Jane, I just don't want to jinx it.

Winning the game on March 5th is of enornous proportions! :up:

Offline RSS61

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:10 AM »
For me, Ars*nal are the team to be beaten, as they have 19 years experience in top 4, and win a lot of games late on that they don't look like winning.
The key is for us to beat them at WHL. Then we really will be in with a shout I think.

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 10:33:35 AM »
As i said before i think we`re the best team in the country at the moment.The players look as though they believe in what they`re doing and being told which is playing a huge part in our success.It ccould , of course , all go badly wrong and history suggests it will but.....
I think this team and manager are different.We may not have Ars*nals experience and they may have one or two better individuals but they don`t have our team spirit , work ethic or self belief.Ars*nal are just as capable of being beaten 3-0 by anyone as beating anyone 3-0.The home game with them will be a big one .BRING IT ON !!!! :yids:
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 12:34:22 PM »
I think it is still very hard to predict at this stage of the season. But I do agree with one of the other posters that the top four will be as it is now. Anybody but Ars*nal to win the title. Out of the top 4 Spurs has the best record and best away record. Best defence and best goal difference so we should be favourites to win the league, that is all I am saying  :hide:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »
So long as Spurs are in the top three I will be happy, doubly happy if we win it. :2funny:

Offline StartingPrice

• Mark my words...summits gonna happen!
  • Hero: Mabbs
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 12:11:28 AM »
I see it this way:

1. Ars*nal
2 Spurs
3. Leceister
4. Man City

Jane x

I agree.

Seems to be a trend, right now, of Spurs fans trying to justify their refusal to accept the level we are at by saying Ars*nal have an easier run-in. In whose book?

Before the latest round of games, I kept telling folk that anyone who has watched the Goons would know that their away form is incredibly flaky. I've watched most of their matches - even Bournemouth overran them time and again, but just didn't have a proper goal-scorer. And that was after the referee had decided to let Flamini continue playing even though the whole World and his dog knew he should have seen red. Counting yesterday's match, they faced an away run of United, Us, Citeh, West Ham (contending for Europe), a resurgent Everton who have just received a massive boost, and a Sunderland side managed by Big Sam who just loves to rub Wenger's nose in it and had just defeated United at the Stadium of Light. I could see the Goons losing any one of those games, taken in itself, even when their away form wasn't flaky. As it is, it is flaky as hell...and they have just lost one of those away games.

Even at home, they are facing a Swansea team who nearly took something off of us while playing out of our skin, and a (hopefully) dispirited Goons team will be facing them doubly determined to take something from the Scumerates after losing to us when holding out for so long.

If you take away our first four games - a loss at Old Trafford that really wasn't deserved and three draws that I believe where influenced by a drop in confidence (and a soft pen/red card against Toby). We are by far and away the form team in the division aside from those first four games.

They have to be respected, for sure - but they aren't in some kind of devastating, all-conquering form, especially away form, that we should be trembling in fear at them.
If you can't change the World, change yourself...and if you can't change yourself, then, change the World.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2016, 08:20:12 AM »
I think if we can get a point at the Spammers tomorrow, and follow it up by turning the Gooners over, then we will have a very good chance of top 3, which would be fantastic. COYS