SpursNetwork

Spurs 3 Fiorentina 0 (4-1 on Agg)

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 3 Fiorentina 0 (4-1 on Agg)
« on: February 26, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
After a crushing defeat and being knocked out of the FA Cup by Palace this was a welcome return. Spurs played well and defended well and thus beating Fiorentina 3-0. And that is without Kane, who had a broken nose from the previous match.
Spurs beat Fiorentina to reach the Europa League last 16. Ryan Mason scored first through a side-footed shot, this was followed by Lamela getting another one after the break. To top a wonderful night Fiorentina’s Rodriquez scored in his own net to give us a 3-0 victory. Fionrentina knocked Spurs out last season at this stage of the competition; beautiful revenge.

Harry Kane should return for the Sunday’s game against Swansea.

One sad note from the night, Alli got a yellow card for diving and will miss the next round through suspension.

Mauricio Pochettino: "I'm very pleased, we showed character and played very well against a team that play very well. We fully deserve the result, I'm very pleased with the performance. Now we need to recover because the competition never stops and we need to be ready for the next game against Swansea on Sunday. I think we have a big motivation in the Premier League and now we have two competitions. We are in a good position in the table, I think the motivation is fantastic."

Today we should know who we face in the next round.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 08:57:38 AM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 3 Fiorentina 0 (4-1 on Agg)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 12:24:57 PM »
Yes a great result, and now we have Borussia Dortmund, away first. That should give us an insight into the sort of opposition we will be getting if we make CL this year.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 12:54:05 PM »
Dortmund is a good team to play, and we are at home last  :dance: :up: Looking forward to it. As for Fiorentina, a great result and we played well. Especially after our defeat against Palace. It also shows that we can manage without Kane in a to game. I believe Liverpool and United face each other and I fancy Liverpool winning.  :hide: :2funny: :2funny:

A good night all around. Next up Swansea. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 01:56:57 PM »
With a few tweaks from the Palace game we got a very good win. Spurs controlled the game and closed them down, and all without Kane. We've had a mixed week, but I do hope that our leaving the FA Cup will help us in both competitions. To be honest I expected something better from Fiorentina and was surprised how easily we subdued them. Our next Europa match won't be that easy.

Jane x

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 03:17:32 PM »
Great game, even without Mousa & Harry.

We will be playing our against Dortmund without Alli. I am pretty sure that Poch will have that aspect well sorted by then. The Ars*nal will have an effect on that game, I am sure!

8)

Offline Spursx

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 04:57:43 PM »
Year ago we would get knocked back by a defeat and then wallow in it. Now we get knocked (Palace) and bounce back with a good win and Spurs still go marching on. The up and coming week will be a true test with Swansea, West ham and Ars*nal, all have had unusual games and season. It is now that we will truly see how good we are.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 11:59:07 AM »
Very pleased with the performance and result, thoroughly deserved and we looked solid and just the presences of Lloris has a big influence on our team! Dortmund will be a tough test for us next round but lets face it we have had good teams this competition with Monaco, Fiorentina and now Dortmund so if we are to win it then this is how to do it, play the big boys and keep our quality playing to its best, for sure the next three games in the league in quick succession will really test the squad and fitness so if we take 7-9 points from them il be very happy.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
Very pleased with the performance and result, thoroughly deserved and we looked solid and just the presences of Lloris has a big influence on our team! Dortmund will be a tough test for us next round but lets face it we have had good teams this competition with Monaco, Fiorentina and now Dortmund so if we are to win it then this is how to do it, play the big boys and keep our quality playing to its best, for sure the next three games in the league in quick succession will really test the squad and fitness so if we take 7-9 points from them il be very happy.

1 down, 2 to go !!! COYS