SpursNetwork

Spurs 0 Palace 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 0 Palace 1
« on: February 22, 2016, 09:53:23 AM »
A blessing in disguise or just a disaster? We played well on the day, but I suppose with so many changes the inevitable was not surprising. Saying all that we put up a good performance and had many chances, but it wasn’t to be. Now we can concentrate on the league (where we are sitting pretty) and the Europa league. Being knocked out of the FA Cup will ease congestion and probably give us a better fighting chance.

Martin Kelly's first-half strike sent Palace into the last eight of the FA Cup. The defender scored his first goal since November 2011 when he scored from six yards just before half-time after Wilfried Zaha had played him in. Spurs went close on several occasions, with Dele Alli's first-half shot striking both posts. Harry Kane had two strikes brilliantly pushed away by their keeper Wayne Hennessey. But it wasn’t to be.

Spurs had 65% of possession and 4 shots on target to their 3.

Adebayor was booed every time he touched the goal and went he went off in the second half he did it to another set of booing. Palace fans sung “you are paying his wages”.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 0 Palace 1
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:38:30 PM »
Whether or not it is a blessing in disguise remains to be seen. Personally I think the Europa has a far bigger impact on us than the FA Cup.
One rather worrying fact is our inability to convert enough of our chances, especially in the first half hour of games, when to score a goal or two would cement our complete domination of quite s few games.
I actually hate to see us lose any games, as winning is a good habit to breed.
Anyway we shall see. I seem to remember we were dumped out by Fiorentina this time last year, followed it up with a poor performance in the CC final against Chelsea, and blew it in the league. Lets hope that history is not going to be yet again repeated.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:37:04 PM by RSS61 »

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »
Blessing in disguise would be a good excuse. I don't think we were clinical enough and they wanted it more than us.

Rose out of position, Vorm letting it in near post and our failure to score early on in the game,  summed up our performance.

1 down,  2 to go. As I mentioned in another thread, there are too many big games still to be played starting with banana skin Fiorentina on Thursday, closely followed by Swansea on Saturday. We will have to be on our best behaviour if we wish to win a trophy by the end of the season.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »
Whatever we call it we are out of the competition. Sadly I don't think the FA Cup is highly rated anymore. A few years ago they had put it back a couple of weeks, down grading it. I thought we were a better side, but that did us no good. If we can't take chances then that is it. We are still in more competitions so let us hope our chances are a bit better. :hide:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 07:45:53 PM »
A blessing I hope. But these are the sort of games we need to win. I thought we had the best chance of winning the FA Cup this year. At least, I suppose, we are still in two races.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 02:00:23 PM »
A shocking result, but I  hope a blessing. It also shows  you how we can bounce back from this defeat. I would have rather been beaten my Palace in the FA Cup than the league. We have now three games in a row, important games. Swansea, Ham and then Ars*nal. All will be important and may suggest our future capabilities.

Jane x