SpursNetwork

Leicester Cit 0 Spurs 2: FA Cup 3rd round

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Leicester Cit 0 Spurs 2: FA Cup 3rd round
« on: January 20, 2016, 09:51:12 PM »
What a good match, and a good advertisement for Spurs young players. Son getting the first, followed by Chadli in the second half. Spurs started off a bit nervous, but once they got into the swing of the things they took control. Spurs had 60% of possession. Out of four games Spurs won one, Leicester City won one and two draws. A well-deserved win and we are through to the next round of the FA Cup.
Both clubs made changes, but Spurs younger team were the more superior, and ended up comfortably. Spurs now play Colchester United.
This match also shows you that Spurs can come back, and come back well, after a defeat (against Leicester in the league). Both games they won, this one, and Sunderland (4-1).
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Leicester Cit 0 Spurs 2: FA Cup 3rd round
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »
Reading Poch's comments yesterday that he told his players to go and show Leicester that you are better than them, I'm guessing he gave them all a good kick up the arse, and it worked. And he is right, we are a whole lot better than them, and should really have won all our games against them this season.
Positive contributions from Vorm Wimmer Walker Son Eriksen and Chadli, with limited but accurate passes from Carroll & Lamela.
All in all a very good result and confidence builder.

IMO we are 2 players away from a very good side.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:58 PM »
Reading Poch's comments yesterday that he told his players to go and show Leicester that you are better than them, I'm guessing he gave them all a good kick up the arse, and it worked. And he is right, we are a whole lot better than them, and should really have won all our games against them this season.
Positive contributions from Vorm Wimmer Walker Son Eriksen and Chadli, with limited but accurate passes from Carroll & Lamela.

According to Pochettino; if we can't get the right player then he will promote from his youngsters. He is not prepared to buy for the sake of buying.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 07:19:08 PM »
With eight changes, and their eight changes, we showed that we were the better team. Right from the start we took the game to them and pushed every part of the way. A well deserved win. No we play Colchester on Saturday week.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2016, 07:58:54 AM »

According to Pochettino; if we can't get the right player then he will promote from his youngsters. He is not prepared to buy for the sake of buying.

Yea - the right two players, not just any two. Gareth Bale, for a start ??  :D :D :D

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
Wow! Once the first goal was delivered by 'Nice one Son' we were jumping in our seats. We were chanting for number 2 to go in, and so on. What a brilliant game, and we mustn't for get that we made 8 changes. Do we need another player with what we've got? I suppose if we can get the right person, but it has to be the right person. I've now got my ticket for the 5th Round game. What a season this has been so far!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :up: :up: :up:

Let's all dance :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »
It seems a common theme, chanting for more goals. I also appreciated it that Pochettino came over to our end and thanked us for our support. And we thanked him back for what he has done for our club and young players. This is the first time, for a long time, that we can start dreaming of possibilities.

Right from the start I felt this match was going to give us something different (compared to the other 3 matches this season). Spurs battled for each ball and battled even harder when we lost it. A well deserved win. COYS.

Jane x