SpursNetwork

Spurs 4 Sunderland 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 4 Sunderland 1
« on: January 16, 2016, 05:16:55 PM »
Before we scored our second goal, and got back into the game, we were nervous; bad passing, missed balls. Saying that, we were still the better team. Then we scored our second goal and then dominated the game.
We had 68% of the possession. Eriksen scored twice, but Aanholt scored first to put Sunderland in the lead. A few minutes later we equalised. Mousa Dembele fired Spurs ahead before Eriksen's 25-yard shot deflected in off Sunderland keeper. Kane got a fourth from the penalty area.  A good result and a good day.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino said: "It was a good response to the Leicester defeat. I'm very pleased. We need to be patient. We had a lot of shots on target - their goalkeeper was fantastic. I feel very pleased in the last few games. The belief is fantastic. We have a very good, strong squad - today was a good example."

Spurs are still 4th, but have the second best goal difference (after City). We still have only lost three games in the league. Our next game is the FA Cup replay against Leicester City.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:47:25 PM by Voice »
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
Re: Spurs 4 Sunderland 1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
It was a good and well deserved result, Dembelle was back in midfield and he is a big miss when he is not in the team, we did play sloppy early on but still dominated the game!, the goal came against the run of play and even when we equalised we  very nearly shot ourselves in the foot from our own attack, honestly if we put a 3rd of the chances away we are creating right now we would be top of the league for sure! Im looking at this in a positive way because we have generally struggled against bottom of the league teams over the years and when we went 1 down that same old feeling came creeping back, thankfully we scored quickly after and big Sam made a managerial blunder in his substitution and formation change! once Cattermole went off it gave our wing backs more licence to go forward and our Central midfield the space to pick them out so well done lads for seizing the opportunity.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:50:28 AM »
Back on track! Back on track, that is true potential, coming back in such a fashion that showed our ability and potential to get into the top 4. Our quick response after going a goal down and then dominating the match, after a shaky start proved to all those that watch, that we won't be a pushover under Pochettino. We need now to get into fighting spirit against Leicester City in our replay with them. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 01:09:17 PM »
One of my favourite records is David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ and this is a word that is becoming associated with Spurs of late. Not to just Spurs fans, but football lovers across the world. In my job I travel on airlines around the world, as does Ruth, we have both noticed that when you mention that you are a Spurs supporter people start to sit up and take notice.We also have noticed that there are a lot more Spurs shirts seen around the world. This must be all down to Pochettino’s great moulding of the team into a fighting and challenging machine.

The perfect example of this was our comeback against  a much improved team of late, Sunderland, who are fighting for their survival.  A rickety start, a goal down, but then coming straight back, finding our feet and trouncing the Black Cats. That is a sign of a potential title challenging team. Hats off to Spurs, and let us have another good match against Leicester City in the FA Cup replay this Wednesday. COYS.

Jane x

Offline Spursx

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 07:23:38 PM »
A good win, no matter what. Then after the Leicester game we face Palace, which will want to come back after their defeat by City. But full credit to Spurs for bouncing back with such a good victory. A well deserved win.