SpursNetwork

Spurs 0 Leicester City 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 0 Leicester City 1
« on: January 14, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »
If one can say anything good about last night’s match, the it is that other teams lost or drew; such as Ars*nal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea, City etc. And it is no good saying that we were the better team – we were – but that didn’t get us our three points. All credit to the team that were favourites for relegation (at the beginning of the season, now joint top). Most of the game we put them under pressure, but there were spells where we looked tired and weak. We need to get back on top, and our next game isn’t going to be any pushover.
We now need to make amends and we can do that when we next face Leicester (next week) in the F A Cup third round replay. The match is live on TV and Pochettino needs to send out a  strong squad. And we need another striker.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Spurs 0 Leicester City 1
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:05:05 PM »
i must agree, we played well in parts, or most of the game, but when we had slower moments they scored. And that is what it is about, taking chances. We are still in the top 4 and we must get a result against Sunderland, and a good one. God help us if Kane is injured and no striker on the horizon.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 08:33:29 PM »
I  look at this as yet another missed opportunity  to reduce the gap to the top and increase the one below us, West ham, just 1 point behind.

Yes Leceister probably deserved the win, but I cannot help thinking that, having just played them last week, we could have had a game plan to avoid this! Just saying.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »
I  look at this as yet another missed opportunity  to reduce the gap to the top and increase the one below us, West ham, just 1 point behind.

Yes Leceister probably deserved the win, but I cannot help thinking that, having just played them last week, we could have had a game plan to avoid this! Just saying.

Your last comment hits home. We do not have a plan B when plan A doesn't work. And the reason that we do not have a plan B is because the players we have on the bench are like for like replacements for the players we have on the pitch. No impact sub. Leicester did what most teams that realise they cannot outplay us do. They defend deep, pop long balls at our defence, and wait for us to make a mistake, which we inevitably do. We spend most of the game pinging nice passes around the middle of the pitch, but are clueless once we get near the opponents box.

Its starting to look like we wont be getting the pacy winger and striker that we need, which is a great shame as this season will probably be our best chance for CL football that we are going to have. I'm starting to think yet another false dawn.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 12:30:03 PM »

I agree that it was a missed opportunity, but that doesn’t mean we were the poorer side in the match. Overall we should have won. There have been too many times in the past where we not only lost, but lost badly. Now when we do lose, but play better, that has to be a positive. Ninety percent of the match I thought we were superior and had most of the possession. It was that 10% that let us down and they scored. I have been going for years to Spurs and I must say that Pochettino is the best manager I’ve seen, and a great squad. Great managers in the past needed a few seasons to build their squad. Alex Ferguson need five years. So, yes opportunities missed, but a whole lot more positiveness to gives us all a smile. If we can keep the squad together, including our manager, plus a new stadium and much more money coming in then anything is possible. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:52:09 PM »
Since the beginning of the season all the matches have been a good advertisement for Spurs. Even the ones we've lost. Our wishes should be to the top 4 and improvement. Leicester we should have won, but didn't lose in disgrace. We must keep pressing, playing and fighting, that is the only way we will end up in the top four.

Jane x