SpursNetwork

Spurs 2 Leicester City 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 2 Leicester City 2
« on: January 11, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
Both teams’ made changes before the match, but I thought that Tottenham’s changes showed their abilities more (or at least we had better cover). Spurs started off afresh, with Tottenham scoring first. Ten minutes later Leicester got back in it.  Even though we went behind I thought we were the better side. We also showed that we’ve got good cover when we have injuries. We had 73% of play, and that must tell you something about our quality. Kane’s late penalty drew us together, and now we’ve got to go to their ground in under two weeks for a FA Cup replay. However, we won’t have to wait two weeks for us to play them again, we meet up in a couple of days, at White Hart Lane, but this time a Premier League game, with two different teams out on the pitch.
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "I am happy because it was a draw and this is an important competition for us. A defeat would not have been fair, a draw is a bit more fair but if you analyse the full 90 minutes then we deserved more.
"I'm happy with the performance and we made a great effort."
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Spurs 2 Leicester City 2
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 10:52:50 AM »
Both teams’ made changes before the match, but I thought that Tottenham’s changes showed their abilities more (or at least we had better cover). Spurs started off afresh, with Tottenham scoring first. Ten minutes later Leicester got back in it.  Even though we went behind I thought we were the better side. We also showed that we’ve got good cover when we have injuries. We had 73% of play, and that must tell you something about our quality. Kane’s late penalty drew us together, and now we’ve got to go to their ground in under two weeks for a FA Cup replay. However, we won’t have to wait two weeks for us to play them again, we meet up in a couple of days, at White Hart Lane, but this time a Premier League game, with two different teams out on the pitch.
Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "I am happy because it was a draw and this is an important competition for us. A defeat would not have been fair, a draw is a bit more fair but if you analyse the full 90 minutes then we deserved more.

73% of possession, 3 shots of note on target. problem. 7 corners, not one came to anything. problem. They have 1 corner, and score. Frankly, they are a team of nobody's, apart from Mahrez and Vardy. After scoring first, we should have taken them apart, as with Everton.

Is anybody really confident that things will be any different on Wednesday ?

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 10:55:26 AM »
We got out of jail in reality!,very good first half only let down by poor defending of a set piece however another very sloppy goal at the start of the second half and far to slow build ups due to not really getting out of the dressing room cupped with not having a recognised striker upfront to target.
This is a real weakness in any team we have put out this season, we have dropped so many points from winning positions as we just dont kill teams off when we on top!, we are a young team and are still learning but deep down Pochittino must be a little concerned at some of our recent second half performances like Newcastle,Everton, now Leicester because no matter how fit we are we do need to keep on top of teams especially those that are close to us in the league, Leicester sat so deep first half that really with the amount of possession we had in there half apart from the goal we never worked the keeper enough, we played some lovely moves till we got to the 18 yard box but struggled to pick out a white shirt free, take nothing away from Leicester they defended well but we let them! What this game did really highlight is we need another recognised striker, Son did his best he could but he was going out wide or going back to the half way line to get the ball as this is his preferred position and so without Alli on we never had that attacking midfielder running into the box apart from the Erikksen goal! we played Chadli on the wing but only on the odd occasion did he stay out there, Im only being picky here as to what I think let us down, Now going back to the second half for the second match in a row we played a team who played one upfront first half and then two second half and boy did it really affect our game! this is something the coach needs to address as our team doesn't seem to know how to adjust its formation quick enough, the defence does not know who to pick up and the midfield seem to stop tracking the runners putting extra pressure on the defence and with us playing such a high line with Rose and Trippier if we give the ball away we are a little light at the back so this is something that also need looking at.
Overall im happy we got the draw and played well at times.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 12:05:53 PM »

73% of possession, 3 shots of note on target. problem. 7 corners, not one came to anything. problem. They have 1 corner, and score. Frankly, they are a team of nobody's, apart from Mahrez and Vardy. After scoring first, we should have taken them apart, as with Everton.

Is anybody really confident that things will be any different on Wednesday ?

I am, because it will be a different team out there fighting for something more important than the FA Cup. Now, I know a lot of you will disagree, but the facts speak for themselves. Liverpool, United, Ars*nal etc. all field a weaker or second string teams. The big clubs are more concerned with getting into Europe. The FA Cup has been devalued (I am not saying I agree with this, but it is a fact). Also; remember that the FA Cup final was put back before the end of the season a few years ago (granted it was changed back to where it belongs). They know that the modern fan is more interested in a top four spot and European competitions, than the FA Cup. So, yes it will be different because we will be putting out (along with Leicester City) the strongest team available.
Speaking to many Spurs fans where I sit, they’ve all said that they regard a top four spot more important than winning the FA Cup.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 07:37:29 PM »
The league game will be a different game than the FA Cup round. But I think Spurs will get another draw. I thought overall Spurs were lucky, more so with the penalty. Saying that we were the better team overall, but better teams don't always win. But I was impressed with the players Spurs put out on that evening.

I also think that the FA Cup has lost its appeal. I would rather see Spurs in the top 4 than win that Cup.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 04:09:32 PM »
We should have won convincing, instead now we have to go to a tricky replay at their ground. Luck played a part in a draw, and thank god for that.  :up: :up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2016, 05:06:47 PM »
With both sets of clubs making changes nobody really could guess what would be what. I do agree that overall we were the better side, and full marks to the youngsters we played, but if we never got that dubious penalty then we would have been knocked out of the competition. But luck does play a part in all sports and it is about time we had some. I've just been reading that the reply will be next Wednesday and on the box. I shall be going, myself and looking forward to a good result, with hopefully, a full and strong squad.

COYS

Jane x