SpursNetwork

Everton 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Everton 1 Spurs 1
« on: January 04, 2016, 09:31:30 AM »
Not a disaster, but we could and should have done better. Even though we went one down we were still the better side. We still need another striker for that extra push though.

Still fourth and only six points behind the Ars*nal. The next two games are against the same team so both matches will be very testing.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
Re: Everton 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 12:33:39 PM »
We should have won as we were the better side. But I did think that we looked tired in parts. Even when we went a goal behind, it was against the run of play. United and even Chelsea want that fourth spot so we need to continue concentrating and fight for every point.

Jane x

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:47:31 PM »
Yes we should have put the game to bed well before half time. It is frustrating when we cannot beat teams who we are much better than. We seem to run out of pace, and ideas in the final 3rd. Definitely need a winger and striker urgently. I can see Chelsea going on a run, much the same as Ars*nal did 4 years ago, and we all know what happened then !!
On the plus side for us, without doubt we are more solid in defence, and harder to beat than we used to be.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 06:36:57 PM »
As the saying goes ‘mustn’t grumble,’ just think where we were last year and the years’ before. Whatever happens this season we are getting praise across the board. Our past great managers never built  their great teams in the their first season. We still need another striker and we must have cover for when injuries occur. Spurs played well against Everton. It was obvious that Everton was scared of us and played with that in mind. When Everton played other teams and lost, they expected to win. The game against Spurs, they knew they couldn’t take us for granted and tightened themselves up. Teams will no longer think that they can come up against us and think they’ve got three points in the bag. Chelsea used to call us ‘Three points Lane’. Last year when we beat them 5-3, and drew against them this year, will no longer call us that name. In fact where are they now? If things continue a they do now then there will only be three teams fighting for the League title. City, Ars*nal and yourselves. Leicester, brave Leicester, will not be able to sustain their good run. As for fourth spot. Well… Next ball busting game will be against Leicester City in the FA Cup and then again in the league. Both teams going into that match with only two defeats in the league, with Spurs having the best defensive record out of the two.
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline Spursx

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 07:44:56 PM »
Spurs topped the league over Christmas (out of 4 games). Second was Ars*nal. We need to get back on track and into our winning ways to ever have a chance of being in the top 4, let alone winning the league. The season is now past the half-way stage. We have three matches within a week and we need to win all those games to be considered a top-notch team.
Whether we were a better side or not against Everton is not important, what is important is getting those 3 points. Two less is not 3 points.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 02:04:15 PM »
Matches we should win, we are drawing of losing (thankfully only two loses), and those we are expected to lose we win, such as City. But we do go into the new year on a high and a good position. Now we must build upon what we have so far achieved. The two up and coming Leicester games will be different games and we should remember that. After those two games we face Sunderland (who we shouldn't take for granted). I think that is it, so Happy New Year to all  :up: :up: :up:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 05:23:58 PM »
We blew Everton away first half and still went behind but this current team had belief that I haven't seen in quite a while, shame the second half was not as good but a point away from home against a team not to far behind us in quality is ok, the Cup game next will see a different side I feel as Pochittino is surely going to rest players for the more important league clash 3 days later, we need to win the league match to close the gap, we must not lose that.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »
We blew Everton away first half and still went behind but this current team had belief that I haven't seen in quite a while, shame the second half was not as good but a point away from home against a team not to far behind us in quality is ok, the Cup game next will see a different side I feel as Pochittino is surely going to rest players for the more important league clash 3 days later, we need to win the league match to close the gap, we must not lose that.

Yes bearing in mind that Leicester are in exactly the same position, except that we are at home both times. I am reasonably confident of a double win, certainly in the league game, as he may well rest a few for the cup.

Offline Glenn R

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2016, 04:31:43 PM »
We have such a good team squad - spirit - that resting some won't unsettle the squad. I also believe that we can win the next three games, but they won't be easy (including Sunderland).
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
I did what I had to do

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
We have such a good team squad - spirit - that resting some won't unsettle the squad. I also believe that we can win the next three games, but they won't be easy (including Sunderland).

I agree