SpursNetwork

Southampton 0 Spurs 2

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Southampton 0 Spurs 2
« on: December 20, 2015, 04:36:18 PM »
Well, we did it at the second attempt, thanks to United; that is we are now fourth. A good performance by Spurs and Kane scored (plus Alli).

Kane scored on his 100th Tottenham appearance as we moved into the top 4. Not long after Alli scored from close range and put Spurs firmly in control. In the second half Spurs were far superior than their opponents.

Tottenham gave the perfect response to last weekend's surprise defeat with a professional performance to take them to 29 points from 17 league games.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "I am very happy because it was a very difficult game. Southampton are a very good team and the first 20 minutes were difficult but after that we settled and managed the game and deserved our victory. I am pleased with the victory after a difficult week and after our defeat by Newcastle. The table is not the important thing at the moment. We need to keep working hard because the Premier League is very tough."

I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Southampton 0 Spurs 2
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 07:55:23 PM »
A good result that put us back on track. This will make an interesting Christmas period. If Spurs can stay undefeated then we have a lot to look forward to.
I was very pleased in the way that we came back against Southampton after the Newcastle result last week. With United losing and other clubs not doing well (except the current league leaders, who we happen to have got in the FA Cup). Let us now hope that City beat the Arse tomorrow night and then a good break before Christmas. 

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 02:06:24 PM »
Fabulous victory against Southampton. After that dismal defeat by Newcastle United last week Spurs needed something that put them back on track and the 2-0 win did just the job. I thought Kane and Alli’s goals were superb and Spurs second half performance and Lloris’ goal saves showed us all that they are going to challenge for a top 4 place. Of course with Chelsea all over the place, Liverpool hit and miss and United a game or so away from sacking their manager and probably appointing Mourinho, gives us a great chance. On top of that Pochettino moulding his team into something spectacular there is everything to play for. Let us hope that City beat Ars*nal tonight and Christmas will be truly something to look forward to. :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 07:40:39 PM »
I remember the day being very warm and hoping for a good result, which we got. Spurs can get into the top 4, but it won't be easy. The clubs that have shown poor performances could suddenly change their fortunes in 2016, which means we've got to always be on our guard. But I think we will have a good chance if we build on what we've achieved in 2015.

Merry Christmas to all,

Jane x

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 08:12:15 PM »
Finally got in to the elite group with a good performance, next a very tricky two games, one against the come back kings and another against a newly promoted team playing every game as if it was there last!, Spurs will have to approach them carefully but if they keep up the work rate, high pressing and desire like they did against Southampton then 6 points is a real possibility and if other results go are way we will be sitting pretty with a little gap to those close behind.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 06:19:45 PM »
Every match that goes by Spurs seem to get stronger; i.e. they know how each other works. It should be an interesting match against Norwich, who beat Liverpool.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.