SpursNetwork

Ars*nal 1 Spurs 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Ars*nal 1 Spurs 1
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:59:19 PM »
An exciting game, but only a draw. At times we looked like we were going to swamp Ars*nal. Then they got back into the game and we stuttered. But we held for a draw. We are now fifth, 3 pts behind 4th place: United. And 5 pts behind the leaders. At least we stopped Ars*nal going top. Our next game will be against West Ham, who aren't doing badly. This match will be at White Hart lane, followed by another home league game against Chelsea.

City drew against Aston Villa, while Palace beat Liverpool 2-1. The question is; how far can we go this season?
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Ars*nal 1 Spurs 1
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »
Yes, a very exciting game and we payed well. Scrappy Ars*nal equiliser and we should have won. A draw is not too bad at the Emirates and I am not too unhappy with that result.

The West Ham and Chelsea games will be another 2 vital tests for us and if we play as we did today we will get results.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »
I agree that we should have won. We missed some good shots. Chelsea are still a good side and I hope we don't underestimate them.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:13 AM »
I thought it was a thrilling and pulsating game. If we had followed through with some of the chances we were presented with we would have won. However, when our backs where against the wall we defended well. Overall a very good game, a good test and a good seven days. Spurs might not be able to win the league this season, but a top four chance is possible. City are the only team, to me, that looks capable of winning the league. Ars*nal blow hold and cold and United have a long way to go. As for Chelsea, I am sure that they will come back, they still have a good team and are full of surprises. Liverpool showed, after their defeat yesterday against Crystal Palace, that they have a long way to go. West Ham and Leicester will probably end up mid-table, which means that 5 clubs will fight for the top 4 places.

The way we are playing at the moment everything looks hunky-dory for us. But as somebody else said on here, it is a long way to go, even to reach the half way stage. But give credit where credit is due, and that must go to Pochettino. I haven’t felt so excited for a long time when going to watch Spurs.

Jane x

Offline yidmafioso

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 07:17:17 AM »
It was a very good game that , in the end , either team could have won.I thought  we played them off the park for 77 minutes but when they equalized they looked favourites. Having said that we defended absolutely brilliantly, mostly.They couldn`t handle dier , dembele and alli in midfield.Far too strong and athletic.If this is the future it`s looking good.
If your not spurs you`re dead to me

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 09:56:22 AM »
The Ars*nal game was a great game for Spurs, it showed our potential and I also thought we should have won (and don't forget that we were playing away). We still have a long way to go, but the signs are good. Three great games in seven days and it was interesting to read that it was Ars*nal complaining of being tired. They had three games in 9 or 10 days. We are fitter, we challenge for every ball and if we lose a ball we fight very hard to regain it. Yes, I know there is a long way to go but all the signs are positive.

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Spursx

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 06:22:17 PM »
I was surprised that they managed a draw after a hard week. But I suppose that hard slog showed us their determination and fighting spirit. Our next two league games are at home. And those two matches are not going to be pushover matches. In between we've got a Europa match. I suppose no match is going to be easy nowadays. We are going to have to fight for every point.

Offline Don

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »
I watched this match on TV and what an exciting game it was. We deserved to win, and we certainly deserved our position. What more can I say that others haven't already said on here. The future certainly seems bright for Spurs. :up: