SpursNetwork

Spurs 3 Aston villa 1

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Spurs 3 Aston villa 1
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:26:10 PM »
Even though we won and now in the top 5, and 5 points behind the leaders; City, I thought it was a lacklustre performance from Spurs. We should have won by an even greater margin than we did. Aston Villa were poor and they should never have got their goal. For a few moments I thought that Villa were going to equalise.

We had 61% of the match. We should have killed them off in the first half.

Tottenham manager Mauricio Pochettino: "You saw in the last few minutes that, after we had conceded a goal, we got a bit worried because we didn't want to lose our position. Our mentality is to go forward but we need to handle the game better. But then I think it was a fantastic game for us, I'm pleased with the players.

"It is true that we haven't lost since the first game of the season but in football the present is always important. If we try to think too much about our position in the table or the objective for the end of the season, this is wrong."
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Spursx

Re: Spurs 3 Aston villa 1
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 05:53:09 PM »
I didn't think we were that bad, but there were times that I thought Spurs had allowed AV back into the game. Yes, Spurs were bad, and yes we should have won by more goals. Too many important games in too few days. Our next important game, in the league, will be against Ars*nal. That match, and that match alone will show how far we have come since losing to united at the beginning of the season. Win and we will be on top of the world, draw will leave us scratching our heads, lose, and how we lose, will bring more questions. But we are Spurs and plenty to play for. Bring it on. COYS!

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »
I think we played OK if perhaps sometime a little complacent. Villa were never really threatened  and i feel we were always in control. True, we should have killed the game in the first half but Villa trying to impress their new boss made it more difficult.  Still, I am quite happy with the game and delighted with Harry's superb goal. 3 good points in my opinion.

Now,  Anderlecht will be a different test all together and I can't wait for the game at the Emirated on Sunday afternoon.

:spurs:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 07:54:13 AM »
What continues to bother me is the way we give the ball away still too often, especially Walker, and Rose. We seem to lack any real pace when we break out from defence, and end up slowing down attacks, and passing sideways.
Unfortunately for us I feel we will struggle to beat both Anderlecht and Ars*nal, and will need to up our game somewhat if we are going to make any statements this season. Son cannot come back too soon for me.

On the plus side, we are scoring goals much more freely than we were a few weeks ago.

Offline Ruth

• Hero: Harry Kane
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2015, 09:51:00 AM »
What continues to bother me is the way we give the ball away still too often, especially Walker, and Rose. We seem to lack any real pace when we break out from defence, and end up slowing down attacks, and passing sideways.
Unfortunately for us I feel we will struggle to beat both Anderlecht and Ars*nal, and will need to up our game somewhat if we are going to make any statements this season. Son cannot come back too soon for me.

On the plus side, we are scoring goals much more freely than we were a few weeks ago.

I agree with you 61, about giving the ball away too much. But I put that down to inexperience (a young team). Nevertheless, they do fight to get it back, that is to their credit. What counts is that Spurs won, and yes for a few minutes you thought Aston Villa would equalise, but we then got back on top and when Kane scored it was all over. :dance: :dance: :dance: :up:

Usually against poor sides we play poor. Against good sides we lift our game. A good example is Chelsea (5-3) and City (3-1). Sunday's game will be an interesting one. As somebody said, against Ars*nal will be interesting. I've got my ticket for that match. Looking forward to the game. :2funny: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Offline Blackjack

• http://www.myspace.com/chirpy69
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:26:25 PM »
Hey guys look we won the match, yes we still have to do it the hard way but what we do have now is some real grit and being so much fitter a desire to play to the final whistle! In all the matches we are creating chances but not putting enough away but as long as were making them then that's all the matters! One day this season we are going to give a another team like Bournemouth a real good hiding, as for Ars*nal on Sunday well it will be a real test of our fitness, whether we can hold it together against the best team in the league so far! Possession is key here! We cannot afford to let Ars*nal get the ball down and play! We have to be on there faces all match, if we dominate possession and make them chase the ball we may just hit them on the break.
SPURS TILL I DIE
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER SO ARE SPURS.

Offline Glenn R

• Hero: Glenn Hoddle, Greaves, Bill Nicholson etc
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 05:07:38 PM »
Hey guys look we won the match, yes we still have to do it the hard way but what we do have now is some real grit and being so much fitter a desire to play to the final whistle! In all the matches we are creating chances but not putting enough away but as long as were making them then that's all the matters! One day this season we are going to give a another team like Bournemouth a real good hiding, as for Ars*nal on Sunday well it will be a real test of our fitness, whether we can hold it together against the best team in the league so far! Possession is key here! We cannot afford to let Ars*nal get the ball down and play! We have to be on there faces all match, if we dominate possession and make them chase the ball we may just hit them on the break.
I agree with a lot of what you say here. As for the Ars*nal game; that game will show us how far we have come under Pochettino's direction.
I’ve lived a life that’s full. I’ve travelled each and every highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I’ve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

Offline Jane

• Hero: Lamela
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2015, 09:45:09 AM »
Out of the three games over seven days this one wasn't as spectacular as the other two games. But we won and we won well. I don't know if the teams mentality was that this is a lowly team or game and we've already won it. There was a time when I thought Villa would get back into the game and steal a point. But we jolted ourselves back into the fighting mod and scored the final nail in the coffin for Villa.

A quick mention for Kane. I am pleased that he is back in the scoring mod. Spurs seem to know how to pick the talent and bring them on. Let us hope that other grubby clubs keep their paws of him. He is one of ours, and long may he be so.

Jane x