SpursNetwork

Take on transfers

Offline pieboy

Re: Take on transfers
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2012, 04:26:03 AM »
Wow, that's been a very eventful transfer window. For me, feeling a bit uneasy with the amount off ins and outs in such a short period. For me with VDV and Modric gone, the team is weaker than it was last year. Reminds me a bit when we sold Berbs and Keano the season we had that awful start.

With the team Harry built I was confident that we be pushing for CL every season. Now im not so sure, new players will need some time to gel.

Bold move by AVB, unfortunatly for him the pressure is on him big time now.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Take on transfers
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2012, 12:12:29 PM »
Players Out : Luka Modric (£30M), Vedran Corluka (£5m), Steven Pienaar (£4.5m), Sebastian Bassong (£4m), Niko Kranjcar (£2m), Rafael Van der Vaart (£14m), Giovanni Dos Santos (£4m), David Button (£400k), Ryan Nelsen (Free), Ben Alnwick (Free), Louis Saha (Free).
Total Tranfer Fees = £63.9 million

Players In : Hugo Lloris (£12m), Mousa Dembele (£15m), Gylfi Sigurdsson (£8.7m), Jan Vertonghen (£8m), Emmanuel Adebayor (£5m), Clint Dempsey (£6m)
Total Transfer fees = £54.7 million

Profit in transfer Window = £9.2 million

Dembele, Sigurdsson and Vertonghen all look good solid signings we all know about Adebayor, Lloris should be good but let's just wait and see and Dempsey, just a panic buy at the last minute. Remember also all you Modric and Berbatov haters my Dempsey also went on strike but don't let that cloud your judgement !!!

And just to ensure continuity we still have Bentley and Jenas !!!!!!!!!!!!

Once again we make a profit well done Mr Levy........we also lose our two best creative players and panic buy a player on strike at Fulham !!!!!!
That's really backing your man !!!!!!!!

:up:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 01:28:32 PM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion