SpursNetwork

Hoping for a busy transfer window

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Hoping for a busy transfer window
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 07:40:33 AM »
If we get 40 mill for Modric from Real, as has been suggested, then in return we have got Sigurdsson and maybe Moutinho as a straight financial swap. Not bad in my book.

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
Personally i think our signings so far have been class and if we swop Modders for the portugese dude we will be looking really good for the new season.

I am starting to sound like a real old moaning f*cker but why does some people think Harry needed help last January? Nobody else went out and spent £50 mill, christ the season before some chav assholes spent that on one player and got zero return.

With our squad and the points lead we had its simple we blew it, we could have signed 5 players and still blown it. In my opinion we shouldnt have signed anyone as it always upsets the squad, leave the f8ckin january transfer window alone unless an absalute emergency.

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2012, 08:30:28 AM »
Personally i think our signings so far have been class and if we swop Modders for the portugese dude we will be looking really good for the new season.

I am starting to sound like a real old moaning f*cker but why does some people think Harry needed help last January? Nobody else went out and spent £50 mill, christ the season before some chav assholes spent that on one player and got zero return.

With our squad and the points lead we had its simple we blew it, we could have signed 5 players and still blown it. In my opinion we shouldnt have signed anyone as it always upsets the squad, leave the f8ckin january transfer window alone unless an absalute emergency.
And Saha got of to a good start with a couple of goals in his first few games. We looked ok in January it was only when Cappello resigned that we started to fall apart and the window was closed by then.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 07:50:41 AM »

And Saha got of to a good start with a couple of goals in his first few games. We looked ok in January it was only when Cappello resigned that we started to fall apart and the window was closed by then.

There was an emergency. Our strikers couldn't score, and our defence couldn't keep a clean sheet. We desperately needed a striker and a CB. Unfortunately we gambled and lost.
Yet again, lets hope we have learnt by those mistakes

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 11:09:44 AM »
A busy transfer window......
First we wait for the Euros to end.
Now I guess its the Olympics...
But our first game is less than 3 weeks away!!!!

Offline dimexi

• I have a dream... a white hart dream
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »
I know. Every year we talk about wanting to get transfers in early so we can prepare properly for the season, but this does not happen. What I am worried about is we will hold out for Modric fee, and then not use this to bolster the first team.
Maybe next year...

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 05:08:07 PM »
A busy transfer window......
First we wait for the Euros to end.
Now I guess its the Olympics...
But our first game is less than 3 weeks away!!!!

And your surprised ...........Why !!!!

:o
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RSS61

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2012, 08:05:45 AM »
0-2 to Valencia, Parker out 6 weeks, no more signings, Jenas and Livermore at the heart of our midfield.
Oh dear !! starting to look like Groundhog Day.

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2012, 03:19:32 PM »
0-2 to Valencia, Parker out 6 weeks, no more signings, Jenas and Livermore at the heart of our midfield.
Oh dear !! starting to look like Groundhog Day.

Yea. Look at all the business Ars*nal and Chelsea have already completed.

Why can't we ever have things sorted early? I hope we don't end up starting the season with only Defoe as a senior striker...
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline a12 warrior

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2012, 04:10:50 PM »
 Same old story I am afraid!

The thought of having Jenas back and mugs like Bentley back in the squad does not bode well, would not be suprised to see Andy Carroll come in on loan because its apparent that not many of the better strikers fancy coming to Spurs on the money the club offers!!!!!

Happy Day's!!!!!!!!!!! :nope:

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:24 PM »
Scary isn't it?

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2012, 06:01:05 PM »

The thought of having Jenas back and mugs like Bentley back in the squad does not bode well, would not be suprised to see Andy Carroll come in on loan because its apparent that not many of the better strikers fancy coming to Spurs on the money the club offers!!!!!

Levy likes players he can control and are prepared to lick his backside. I wouldn't be surprised to see anything happen under this bloke. Any player that answers him back will be side lined. My prediction is that he will be sacked by March, however I may shortly be bringing the date forward.
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2012, 06:08:26 PM »

Levy likes players he can control and are prepared to lick his backside. I wouldn't be surprised to see anything happen under this bloke. Any player that answers him back will be side lined. My prediction is that he will be sacked by March, however I may shortly be bringing the date forward.

All those out there who thought 'Arry was useless and it was him that was holding us back, think again Levy and his puppet will destroy our club. Jenas back in midfield I'd rather have Freund !!!!!

Baldbloke I hope that your right and it will be earlier (by Christmas) and I hope Levy falls on his sword too.... but who can we bring in to save us, I have an idea but I think it will prove too unpopular at the moment so I'll just wait until desperation starts to set in !!!

I think I might have a punt on Carroll coming as the Puppet denied it in one of his first interviews bound to happen then !!!!

:'(
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 06:10:04 PM by ugs »
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2012, 06:57:21 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

All those out there who thought 'Arry was useless and it was him that was holding us back, think again Levy and his puppet will destroy our club. Jenas back in midfield I'd rather have Freund !!!!!

Baldbloke I hope that your right and it will be earlier (by Christmas) and I hope Levy falls on his sword too.... but who can we bring in to save us, I have an idea but I think it will prove too unpopular at the moment so I'll just wait until desperation starts to set in !!!

I think I might have a punt on Carroll coming as the Puppet denied it in one of his first interviews bound to happen then !!!!

:'(
[/quote]

The clear answer is Gerald. For those who are not familiar with his name, Gerald is my 18 year old giant plated lizard. Gerald has made several attempts to get into football management, however due to the blatant prejudice in professional football, not even one reptile has made it to a senior level in football.  Gerald has applied for the Spurs job on a few occasions and to my knowledge he has only one reply. With your support his future may be assured.

VOTE GERALD
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »
I think what is becoming more apparent is our current lack of recent activity is down to one simple issue, Levy holding out to sell Modric, its clear he is not authorising other investments into teh team until this is completed and with the new asking price it aint going to happen!

Why we didnt do teh deal with real is beyond me, its counter productive keeping Modric he wants out so lets cash in and get him off the wage bill!  Real would haev been perfect as it meant Modric out of the EPL but no Levy has to have it all his way so they pull out!

This is going to cost us big this coming season as we need a striker or 2 and a keeper that can cope with our likely tactics!  (personally I am still hoping Gomes will return).

Growing very tired of our failing to invest where is needed !!! its not like we are exactly skint!!!!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!