SpursNetwork

Hoping for a busy transfer window

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Hoping for a busy transfer window
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:04:35 PM »
AVB (or whoever is actually identifying transfer targets) is going to have to be busy this window. We've pretty much just got Defoe up front now with Saha and Adebayor leaving.

I doubt we're going to sign 2 amazing strikers, but we at least need to bring in 2 decent ones! I wouldn't mind bringing Adebayor back, but I don't think Levy will be keen to pay his wages.

I'm still hoping we can work out the Vertonghen deal. Someone mentioned we've released Gallas. Is that true? I suppose we'll probably be hanging onto Caulker this season as he did well on loan. Anyone know when Dawson is expected to be fit?

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
Re: Hoping for a busy transfer window
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:59 PM »
I don't think Gallas has been released, he should have one more year left. Nelsen is definitely moving on and let's see what the situation with King be like.

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 08:01:22 AM »
Well if we're gonna be playing 4-2-3-1 as has been suggested by various pundits, then I dont see where Defoe fits into that one. Besides, he was hardly polific, even when playing with Pav or Adebayor.

I suspect a deal can be done with Adebayor maybe. Either way we definitely need a top striker, which will be a test for Levy / AVB.

As for King, sorry but he's finished. Caulker must be given his chance, in the same way Kyle Walker was. We can let Gallas go to West Ham or where ever. We MUST get Verthongen. Also Sigurdsson.

Also we must get shot of Bentley JJ Gio so that we can finance the new signings, for if we dont up our wages we will never get them.

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »
AVB (or whoever is actually identifying transfer targets) is going to have to be busy this window. We've pretty much just got Defoe up front now with Saha and Adebayor leaving.

I doubt we're going to sign 2 amazing strikers, but we at least need to bring in 2 decent ones! I wouldn't mind bringing Adebayor back, but I don't think Levy will be keen to pay his wages.

I'm still hoping we can work out the Vertonghen deal. Someone mentioned we've released Gallas. Is that true? I suppose we'll probably be hanging onto Caulker this season as he did well on loan. Anyone know when Dawson is expected to be fit?

This is a difficult situation. Yes we need several signings, but at the same time if we have to many new players it takes a fair while for them to click. In short we now have Siggy to replace Moders. We need two centre halves to replace Ledley a Gallas. We need another winger, as we have no cover for Bale and lennon. We need two strikers and arguable a goalkeeper. That is one hell of a change !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 02:41:36 PM »
You know what the real shame is we could of done with the war chest last Janurary when we where right there fighting at the top of the table but no Dictator Dan in his wisdom refused to back the manager. Instead he allowed us to fade away by undermining the manager and hanging him out to dry and now we have a less accomplished man in the driving seat spending the money we should of used to bolster our challenge last season.

To be honest it dosen't matter who we want or who we pray for Dictator Dan will only buy the players he is prepared to buy and we all know from our experiences over the seasons we will wait until the last minute and lose out again !!!!!!

:tickedoff:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
You know what the real shame is we could of done with the war chest last Janurary when we where right there fighting at the top of the table but no Dictator Dan in his wisdom refused to back the manager. Instead he allowed us to fade away by undermining the manager and hanging him out to dry and now we have a less accomplished man in the driving seat spending the money we should of used to bolster our challenge last season.

To be honest it dosen't matter who we want or who we pray for Dictator Dan will only buy the players he is prepared to buy and we all know from our experiences over the seasons we will wait until the last minute and lose out again !!!!!!

bang on the nail UGS. If the rat faced little weevil had put his hand in his pocket, we would have finished 3rd and been looking forward.

Offline RSS61

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 11:47:51 AM »

bang on the nail UGS. If the rat faced little weevil had put his hand in his pocket, we would have finished 3rd and been looking forward.

Thats all well and good, but would you trust Harry with 50 million, thinking that he would be leaving having spent your money ?? Think about it. There must have been a very good reason why he didn't.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »

Thats all well and good, but would you trust Harry with 50 million, thinking that he would be leaving having spent your money ?? Think about it. There must have been a very good reason why he didn't.

Nobody knew 'Arry was leaving everybody just assumed he was (and as things now turn out Levy was praying he was), and yes I would trust him can you name a signing that 'Arry made during his 3 years that went tits up and left us in a worse position.

It still boils down to one thing and one thing only Dictator Dan screwed us over and took away our biggest chance of winning the League for years by not backing the manager ... period.
All to prove a point that he was in charge, f**k all us fans we don't matter as long as he wins his argument with 'Arry then that's alright then..........

All this 'Arry was a c*nt and never cared s**te is what it sounds like s**te, 'Arry wanted to be the best he could and Levy as it turns out was putting huge obstacles in his way !!!!

‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline baldbloke

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 09:16:51 PM »

[/quote]

You've been reading to many red tops mate. Can you really imagine Levy parting with £50m. So do you really think Mr Tightarse Levy phoned the press and said "I am going to spend £50m on new playing staff". Levy has spent an average of £12m net per annum the last years, most of which was in years 1 and 2. Last year our net spend was in the black, and the only player the year before was VDV. Spurs just don't spend that sort of money without selling. Up to now we have spent £8m on Siggy, and in the next few days we will have sold Moders for about £35m. My guess is that our total net spend will be zero. Zero being the best we can hope for this coming season, I am afraid.

Levy's only ambition is to make money

Offline RSS61

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »

You've been reading to many red tops mate. Can you really imagine Levy parting with £50m. So do you really think Mr Tightarse Levy phoned the press and said "I am going to spend £50m on new playing staff". Levy has spent an average of £12m net per annum the last years, most of which was in years 1 and 2. Last year our net spend was in the black, and the only player the year before was VDV. Spurs just don't spend that sort of money without selling. Up to now we have spent £8m on Siggy, and in the next few days we will have sold Moders for about £35m. My guess is that our total net spend will be zero. Zero being the best we can hope for this coming season, I am afraid.

[/quote]

Well I would suggest that the 100 million or so that we wasted on rubbish players in the previous few years might have something to do with his reluctance to keep on making the same mistakes. Unless one's club is owned by a consortium of Arabs or Russians, there is no future in carrying on with the policy of spending vast sums of money on whichever players whose agents have put them forwards. Hence I would imagine, the thinking behind the new academy, and installing of a young manager to build up that side of the club for the future. In any case, we have actually spent around 20 million so far, as well as giving Bale a new deal, and apparently about to offer Adebayor a lucrative permanent deal.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »

Well I would suggest that the 100 million or so that we wasted on rubbish players in the previous few years might have something to do with his reluctance to keep on making the same mistakes. Unless one's club is owned by a consortium of Arabs or Russians, there is no future in carrying on with the policy of spending vast sums of money on whichever players whose agents have put them forwards. Hence I would imagine, the thinking behind the new academy, and installing of a young manager to build up that side of the club for the future. In any case, we have actually spent around 20 million so far, as well as giving Bale a new deal, and apparently about to offer Adebayor a lucrative permanent deal.

All of this will be offset by the sale of Modric (£35 million) and the probable sale of Van der Vaart (£10 million) so once again we will be quids in and talent down........ nothing new there then !!!!!

:(

Offline a12 warrior

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2012, 07:58:43 AM »
My hope is that Spurs do not sign adebayor on a permanent basis his contribution last season was poor, when he wanted to play he was great to watch unfortunatley there were more games when he did very little and his contribution was poor.

I guess the with the management change the side may play a different game and it will be interesting to see if he plays as well as everyone thinks he can.

I would rather see new blood up front, we have lacked that real cutting edge from a central front man for a few seasons now.   

Offline RSS61

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2012, 12:49:31 PM »
My hope is that Spurs do not sign adebayor on a permanent basis his contribution last season was poor, when he wanted to play he was great to watch unfortunatley there were more games when he did very little and his contribution was poor.

I guess the with the management change the side may play a different game and it will be interesting to see if he plays as well as everyone thinks he can.

I would rather see new blood up front, we have lacked that real cutting edge from a central front man for a few seasons now.

Finding that elusive striker has been a problem, not just for us. Look at the money spent on Djeko Carroll Torres Berbatov etc and none of them seem to have worked out. With Harry gone, I would imagine we'll be maybe less keen to bring back Adebayor, but who knows.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 02:51:31 PM »

Finding that elusive striker has been a problem, not just for us. Look at the money spent on Djeko Carroll Torres Berbatov etc and none of them seem to have worked out. With Harry gone, I would imagine we'll be maybe less keen to bring back Adebayor, but who knows.

Citeh are trying to offload him and apparentley they only want £5-6 million Danny boy I'll be in there like a shot!!!
Crikey at this rate when he sells Modric he's going to be making a healthy profit for the shareholders, Management are s**te but the playing assets should be worth a few quid !!!!

::)

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 05:37:11 PM »
Adebayor ......... seem to be forgetting his wages which were subsidised whilst on loan but won't be if
he becomes ours ......... that will eat into the profits!!!