SpursNetwork

Can Spurs still finish third?

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Can Spurs still finish third?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 06:02:41 PM »
Of course we can ........ if we are truly Spurs fans !!!!!!!

Expect to see Lennon on the bench this week.

So let's get this right shall we. If you don't think we will finish third your not a good Spurs fan. If you go to all the games and think we will finish 5th, you must be a really bad fan.

Oh s**t, I feel terrible now !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU

Offline Yiddite

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 07:05:21 PM »
LOL

I thought the topic was whether we can still finish third.

Not think we will finish third.

score goals win matches gain points and 3rd place CAN be ours.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 07:07:24 PM by Yiddite »

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »
 :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline loken

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
First step has been done. Looks like VDV in form again. :dance:

Offline RSS61

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2012, 07:57:35 AM »
If, and only if, we can keep winning games, then IMO Ars*nal will crack and 3rd place can be ours.
I feel we have our best 11 finally fit now
Friedal
Walker Gallas Kaboul BAE ( reluctantly )
Lennon Modric Parker Bale
VDV Ade

Keeping this team going is key for me.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2012, 10:24:39 AM »
Alot will depend on this weekend if we can get our noses in front again with the Wanderers playing Citeh and then away to Wolves...... but we will need a very good performance and probably some luck away to Sunderland and then hopefully Norwich at home shouldn't be too taxing.
All that said I think we are going to need the six points because I can see the Woolwich Wanderers winning against Citeh and away to Wolves is almost a gimme at the moment. We are going to need to keep winning and hope that the Scum slip up like they did against QPR, also as RS said above injuries are going to be paramount at the moment and keeping the first eleven fit and playing well is going to be a huge part of this run in.

This is going to be a very tight finish between us and the Wanderers and at the moment it could still go either way !!!!

:yids:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline YidJoe24

• Jermain Defoe is Yiddo
  • Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 10:53:30 AM »
Yesterdays result was a massive shock. Certainly didnt see the scum winning that one. We have to hope that Chelski and Stoke do us a favour now. While we need to win all our games.
"It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aimin low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory."

"If you don't have to drag yourself off the field exhausted after 90 minutes, you can't claim to have done your best"

Bill Nicholson

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 05:01:26 PM »
Alot will depend on this weekend if we can get our noses in front again with the Wanderers playing Citeh and then away to Wolves...... but we will need a very good performance and probably some luck away to Sunderland and then hopefully Norwich at home shouldn't be too taxing.
All that said I think we are going to need the six points because I can see the Woolwich Wanderers winning against Citeh and away to Wolves is almost a gimme at the moment. We are going to need to keep winning and hope that the Scum slip up like they did against QPR, also as RS said above injuries are going to be paramount at the moment and keeping the first eleven fit and playing well is going to be a huge part of this run in.[/font]

This is going to be a very tight finish between us and the Wanderers and at the moment it could still go either way !!!!

:yids:

I can't see us catching the scum now and to be fair I think we are going to struggle to stay in front of Chelski and Newcastle at the moment. The only saving grace maybe that Chelski are going to have a fixture pile up but Newcastle have hit form right at the right time.... unlike us playing like a bunch of girls !!!

:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline Lowestoft Yid

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 05:03:25 PM »
it's all over

Offline Yiddite

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 05:38:43 PM »
I am always the optimist but not after this Easter. what
a disappointment.

The real question is will we be able to salvage anything from
the next few games?

Offline scotspurs

• C.O.Y.S
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 07:59:14 PM »
NO

Offline spursjoolz

• Hero: Teddy & Ossie
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 10:29:25 PM »
Whilst I always think positive, it is very difficult to imagine that, we will win all our remaining games after 1 point from 6 this week-end and that Ars*nal will drop points just to please us. I have to stay real and at the same time hope that there will not be big exits this summer.  Let's hope for a last minute miracle!

Offline taimedowne

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2012, 07:24:43 AM »
Harry thought we would walk this one. So with one eye on the Semi-final he rested players, most noticeably Parker, and we got our asses kicked. There goes the Champions League and we are by no means certain of winning the cup. Play your strongest  available team in every game for Gods sake, if injurys happen then adjust the team dont mess with it looking at the next game the most crucial game is the one you are playing right now. 

Offline RSS61

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2012, 07:39:12 AM »
Not for the first time, Harry got his tactics all wrong. Leaving out Parker and VDV, going 442. But that said he is not responsible for the sluggish way that those selected played. Yet again its all gone wrong for us, and as mentioned elsewhere we have to start to wonder if the whole Redknapp scenario has undermined the team since the trial and Capello resigning.
I still think maybe its behind the fact that we never got a top striker and CB in during January. We now seem to be paying for that yet again. Even our best players are mostly off form.
All in all a very depressing outlook for the next few months, seeing how things were going towards the end of 2011.
Our only joy may be the FA Cup, but somehow I think that will dissapoint as well.

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
The FA cup adventure will be over Saturday!

HR has to focus on getting top4, without it we will lose our best players in the summer!

Seriously how teh hell have we thrown away that 10 point cushion?  HR has had his head turned, no loyalty and doesnt care about next season with THFC as he wont be here!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!