SpursNetwork

Hmmm... Striker please?

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Hmmm... Striker please?
« on: June 25, 2011, 11:15:43 PM »
Redknapp said: “There is nothing happening in the transfer market.

“I need to sell four or five players to bring in funds.

“The chairman has made it clear we need to move a few players before we can start doing any business.

“I keep seeing us linked with this player and that, but unless we reduce our squad numbers we will stay quiet in the market.”

How about just once Levy doesn't demand huge transfer fees for our players who are entering the atrophy stage of sitting on the bench or the nomad stage of being loaned out?

Seriously... I would say if someone offers even 2M for Keane, take it. If someone offers 4M for Bentley, take it. I bet Levy is expecting 8 for Keane and 10 for Bentley.  I'm not entirely sure which strikers Redknapp wants to stay or go, but if we can't progress until this happens, then make it happen FFS! Why does it always have to be such an ordeal?

It seems to make about as much sense as buying a new car and letting the previous car waste away in the garage, rarely turning it on and then expecting someone to pay what you paid for it when you first bought it.

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline baldbloke

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Hmmm... Striker please?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 08:32:51 AM »
Redknapp said: “There is nothing happening in the transfer market.

“I need to sell four or five players to bring in funds.

“The chairman has made it clear we need to move a few players before we can start doing any business.

“I keep seeing us linked with this player and that, but unless we reduce our squad numbers we will stay quiet in the market.”

How about just once Levy doesn't demand huge transfer fees for our players who are entering the atrophy stage of sitting on the bench or the nomad stage of being loaned out?

Seriously... I would say if someone offers even 2M for Keane, take it. If someone offers 4M for Bentley, take it. I bet Levy is expecting 8 for Keane and 10 for Bentley.  I'm not entirely sure which strikers Redknapp wants to stay or go, but if we can't progress until this happens, then make it happen FFS! Why does it always have to be such an ordeal?

It seems to make about as much sense as buying a new car and letting the previous car waste away in the garage, rarely turning it on and then expecting someone to pay what you paid for it when you first bought it.

Well said, my beliefs exactly. A player is only worth what someone will pay for him, and what's more is that we get is wages off of the spreadsheet, and that is where the problem lies. Who else will pay Keane £70k a week. So it's not just what we can sell the player for, it's what the buyer will pay him. We have the same problem when buying players. Even if we can afford the signing on fee, we can't pay them the wages.

There are a few players that may take a cut in wages to get first team action, unfortunately though, very few !!
AVB OUT, AND TAKE LEVY WITH YOU