SpursNetwork

Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?

Offline dedleysting

• YID FOR LIFE!
  • Hero: Jürgen Klinsmann
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »

You are a numpty, try looking further than the end of your nose, up until Blackpool away we were still well in the hunt a combination of injuries, poor form by our strikers and goalkeeper, some tatical errors and a barrow load of bad luck has cost us. We have run out of steam this season its not as simple as saying it's down to one person(s) or player(s) their has been several reasons.

Before you spout off I am really pissed off and disappointed, gutted and down about the end of this season but stomping and shouting and showing off isn't going to make it any better. All I hear is get rid of Redknapp sell this player, that player will want to go we won't be able to keep him blah blah blah blah..... bollocks no one knows what's going to happen who knows they might all stay and we might sign a couple of decent strikers and take the League by storm next season. Alternatively we might lose them all, Redknapp may leave and we might just avoid relegation, which I guess would make you very happy.

I have supported Spurs for over 40 years and barring a few seasons in the eighties this has been by far the best season we have had that I can remember. I know one thing I'd still rather be in the hunt for the league in Februrary than out of everything by December like we have been for the last 20 years, unfortunately we are not the massive club we have been in the past and do not have the divine right to finish in the top 4, s**tty I know but honest.

Just be very careful what you wish for because you may well get it !!!!

>:(
[/quote]

Ugs mate I think just like you, these are my feeling about THFC down to a tee.

COYS!

Offline pieboy

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2011, 08:25:03 PM »

You are a numpty, try looking further than the end of your nose, up until Blackpool away we were still well in the hunt a combination of injuries, poor form by our strikers and goalkeeper, some tatical errors and a barrow load of bad luck has cost us. We have run out of steam this season its not as simple as saying it's down to one person(s) or player(s) their has been several reasons.

Before you spout off I am really pissed off and disappointed, gutted and down about the end of this season but stomping and shouting and showing off isn't going to make it any better. All I hear is get rid of Redknapp sell this player, that player will want to go we won't be able to keep him blah blah blah blah..... bollocks no one knows what's going to happen who knows they might all stay and we might sign a couple of decent strikers and take the League by storm next season. Alternatively we might lose them all, Redknapp may leave and we might just avoid relegation, which I guess would make you very happy.

I have supported Spurs for over 40 years and barring a few seasons in the eighties this has been by far the best season we have had that I can remember. I know one thing I'd still rather be in the hunt for the league in Februrary than out of everything by December like we have been for the last 20 years, unfortunately we are not the massive club we have been in the past and do not have the divine right to finish in the top 4, s**tty I know but honest.

Just be very careful what you wish for because you may well get it !!!!

>:(

Ugs mate I think just like you, these are my feeling about THFC down to a tee.

I'm another one that agree with this, really can't believe some of the stuff thats been written in here recently.
Im I actually watching the same team as some of you guys? Ok the result of late has been pretty bad..but apart from few dodgy results of late, the season as a whole I have love watchng Spurs play more than ever. Been lucky to get down the lane this season to watch half a dozen games or so and absolutly love it. Love the manager and i love the team even more.

How our own supporters can call this a mid table team is a joke, all i seem to read recently is Bale out, VDV out Harry out, Gome out, lennon out(no to forget the rest of the squad keano out, Bently, Niko etc). F***ing hell one season in the C.League and we now think we have a god given right to be there every season.

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
Fair point - well put Pie. But our results are appalling. 12 points from the last 10 EPL games equates to 46 points in a season. Its not a blip. Chelsea had a blip and they came out of it. Look at Liverpool too. We are still in a coma!
I agree that some of our football has been beautiful to watch. Quite breathtaking actually and that makes me proud to have followed the club for so many years, but to play the beautiful game is not the whole picture - you actually have to win.
I firmly believe that if after the first 10 games of the season we were sitting on 12 points, there would be a lot more shouting. This isn't being negative, just saying things from bare bone facts and it worries me greatly which is why I have voiced my opinion. because unless things change significantly, we will start the season where we left off which will be disasterous.
I hope my fellow members understand that I have a lot of passion, hence my concern.

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
  • Season Ticket: Yes
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2011, 09:10:01 PM »
More draws than wins at home is a bit embarrassing.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline millers-tach

• Hero: Steve Archibald
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2011, 10:17:52 PM »
Inter at home
AC Away
Werder Home
20th Nov 2010- magic magic day

Like UGS i have loved this season, we have played and competed in matches that i never thought a Spurs team would ever manage.

Granted there has been some really dissapointing results (in fact a lot of bad results) but thats football. Every single other team including Utd etc have lost games or drawn games they would expect to win.

Roll on next season, lets see where the good ship Spurs takes us.

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2011, 10:22:20 PM »
Every Champions league game has been magic. 4-0 down to Inter, 4-0 down to Madrid and 3-0 down to YB I was still loving life. It's just a shame that we might not have any European trips next year.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2011, 11:04:05 PM »
Every Champions league game has been magic. 4-0 down to Inter, 4-0 down to Madrid and 3-0 down to YB I was still loving life. It's just a shame that we might not have any European trips next year.
With Liverpool thumping Fulham tonight I think you are right. Amazing how other teams manage to win games when it counts isn't it. The Cl was fab, absolutley fab but it is all a distant memory now regrettably. Still, there is always another day, I mean season.............am really looking forward to Harry's comments......will be very entertaining as the cheeky chappie always cracks jokes..........no doubt he will earn a few pennies on the after dinner speaking circuit...........sorry about this analogy but great coach, poor driver

Offline WilsonJet

• Mouthy Yank
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 01:56:53 AM »
This is all a bit over the top for me. Harry Redknapp is a major factor in Spurs recent return to international prominence. A 4th place finish followed by a 5th place finish in the best league in the world is no reason to oust the manager. There's money to be made and exposure to be had in the Europa League. How can any of you not want to see more of your team? Spurs need to learn how to manage both Europe and the League if they are to continue to improve. As much as I love this squad, they simply are not better than the teams in front of us. 5th is what we deserve - and with the way Liverpool is coming on, possibly even 6th.

Yes, if we had found a way to get all three points on many different occasions this season it would have been possible to finish 3rd. We have the potential but haven't learned how to be champions yet. These are the seasons that forge the character of a team. Its a reality check. I'm sorry but all of this talk of "if we don't play in Europe, we can challenge for the league title" is just rubbish. I don't believe this team can win the title as it is currently constructed - but 4th, possibly even 3rd place is a reasonable expectation.
He's strained his left adductor muscle it says. Whats that then ? Do we all have those or just footballers ? I wonder how mine are ? *courtesy of taimedowne*

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 06:55:00 AM »
The way Liverpool are GETTING RESULTS, I think we are confined to 6th

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 02:25:01 PM »

You really are a little ray of sunshine, this season has gone we are not going to achieve our dreams this season but we must wait and see what happens in the summer. 'Arry is not the problem, the strikers are not the problem, the goalkeeper is not the problem, the squad is not the problem, the training is not the problem...... the problem is unfair fans who expect things to be just so straight away.

There are 19 other teams all trying their hearts out (mostly!) to win as many games in the EPL as possible and we are no different but it dosen't always happen, you have to be blessed with luck and skill to win and also have to learn how to win before it can happen.

Supporters need to be realistic about expectations, and stop spitting out their dummies when the club dosen't match theirs, try supporting Man Ure if you want that kind of success.

If we were just above the relegation zone or even in it then I would expect fans to call for the board to resign and 'Arry to go but at the moment I just don't get all the s**t being thrown in the team and especially in 'Arry's direction !!!!!!

Some of you have very short term memories !!!!!!!
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 02:39:50 PM »

You really are a little ray of sunshine, this season has gone we are not going to achieve our dreams this season but we must wait and see what happens in the summer. 'Arry is not the problem, the strikers are not the problem, the goalkeeper is not the problem, the squad is not the problem, the training is not the problem...... the problem is unfair fans who expect things to be just so straight away.

There are 19 other teams all trying their hearts out (mostly!) to win as many games in the EPL as possible and we are no different but it dosen't always happen, you have to be blessed with luck and skill to win and also have to learn how to win before it can happen.

Supporters need to be realistic about expectations, and stop spitting out their dummies when the club dosen't match theirs, try supporting Man Ure if you want that kind of success.

If we were just above the relegation zone or even in it then I would expect fans to call for the board to resign and 'Arry to go but at the moment I just don't get all the s**t being thrown in the team and especially in 'Arry's direction !!!!!!

Redknapp out! Ramos in!
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »

Ugs, if I could, I would give you The Most Reasonable Member of SpursNetwork Award.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »
Thankyou Riff

:)
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 03:48:39 PM »
well ugs your some man calling others numptys and then come on here talking gibberish how else can you explain that in over 40 years supporting spurs barring a few in the 80;s this has been by far best season you can remember and we;ve no business expecting   quote unquote   4th  . well we do have a right to expect that over the course of any season that we have a much better record than one victory all season home or away against west ham wigan blackpool west brom wolves and considering that up the top we;ve yet again only won one home or away all season against top 4 in the league either you;ve not seen many seasons in the forty years or your not paying too much attention .

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
well ugs your some man calling others numptys and then come on here talking gibberish how else can you explain that in over 40 years supporting spurs barring a few in the 80;s this has been by far best season you can remember and we;ve no business expecting   quote unquote   4th  . well we do have a right to expect that over the course of any season that we have a much better record than one victory all season home or away against west ham wigan blackpool west brom wolves and considering that up the top we;ve yet again only won one home or away all season against top 4 in the league either you;ve not seen many seasons in the forty years or your not paying too much attention .

But do we have a much better record..... last year I seem to remember us losing to Wolves twice, and we drew and lost to Wigan the year before and lost one won one against WBA that year too. Against the so called top 4 we have a terrible record up until last season failing to win, if I remember something like 65 games in a row over the last 13 or 14 seasons.... so I have paid attention. Over the years we have historically struggled against teams we should of beaten I know I have had the piss ripped out of me on more than one occasion when we have been beaten by the Coventry's and Leicester's of this world!!!!

In fact every season I pray and hope that this will be the year that we surprise everyone and fulfill our potential and stuff Man Ure and Woolwich Wanderers, but alas I'm still waiting in hope. I hope that we can finish in the Champions League spots or even win the Premiership but I don't expect it due to the nature of the Premier League when on any given Saturday any and I mean any team can win against anyone else. Spurs have failed so far to muscle in on the teams at the top but I believe we are feared by them because they know we are dangerous but unconsistent, and this season has proved we are inconsistent.

So basically no we don't have the right to demand 4th we can hope for 4th but until we get a consistent streak and learn how to win no matter what we will only be able to hope and not demand.

:up: