SpursNetwork

Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?

Offline JohnLaceysDiscopants

• Hero: GLENN HODDLE
  • Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Grudges, injuries and disappointment. What are your thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
totally agree derry now that champions league is gone time to have a right run in the prem with not too much distractions other than fa cup and carling cup

Offline Spurs218

• Hero: Zokora
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »
Thursday to Sunday? Big deal. We've two to three days break most of this season and nobody was moaning then. So you'll he cheering on Liverpool on Sunday?
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

RIP: Sir Bill Nicholson

Offline Holtspur

• Hero: Ricky Villa
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 04:05:19 PM »
I still want 5th (I believe we'll get it)

Please god no.....no to UEFA Cup...having to play on a thursday and then a sunday..we will finish 10th next season  if we play in that...let Liverpool have it...we want to go and re-group now...get rid of some players and get a few in...have a good run at the league then next season.
No chance of getting any decent players in. The fact is Harry has confined us to the wastelands of mid table - no one else - please come back Martin Jol

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »
how in the name of  god lennon is revered on this site amazes me . he;s totally over-rated like i said previous last season he put his world cup campaign before the team and when he got his chance in the world cup as usual fluffed his chance and was left on the bench for the rest of the tournament and we know how bad the rest of england performed in that tournament and he still could;nt get a look in also a lot of people wanted him on yesterday from the start and when he came on he huffed and puffed but as usual blew no house down if we really want to progress  mediocre players like lennon have to move on for lets face it if harry decided to sell him does anyone here really think any of the top clubs in england would sign him me thinks not in a fit of madness otherwise they would have been in for him long ago and that has;nt happened .

I like Lennon and think he's important for our squad. I think we play better when he's in the team, but I think  perhaps only 3 goals and 2 assists this season might say you have a valid point. Although they have been very important goals he's scored.

As far as other clubs signing him, perhaps Liverpool, but that's all speculation.

What player/players would you want to replace him with?
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
no 218 not shouting for pool sunday we never get anything there anyway .just saying that the extra games we had this year affected us so playing an extra 19 games in a cup no one gives creedence too is pointless lets concentrate on getting back to europes elite asap with top 4 finish in 2011/2012  season no distractions other than fa /carling cups it;ll be to our benefit.

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 04:23:22 PM »
i wouldn;t mind the likes of an ashley young / james milner to replace him but wages need to be paid and progress has to be taken on trust before we can get players like that to sign .

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 04:25:43 PM »
But if we beat Liverpool then we'll finish 5th? I think as supporters we need to realise that as a football club we are not bigger than the Europa league. We've only had one season in the Champions league, a few back I was dreaming of us getting Europa.

We need Europe, the extra few million could be the difference between getting a player and not getting one.
"Any player coming to Spurs whether he's a big signing or just a ground staff boy must be dedicated to the game and to the club. He must be prepared to work at his game. He must never be satisfied with his last performance, and he must hate losing."

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 04:33:45 PM »
We'll probably get something from City and Liverpool, but then lose 0-10 to Birmingham.  :D
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Derry-Yid

• Hero: Teddy Sheringham
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 04:36:36 PM »

Please god no.....no to UEFA Cup...having to play on a thursday and then a sunday..we will finish 10th next season  if we play in that...let Liverpool have it...we want to go and re-group now...get rid of some players and get a few in...have a good run at the league then next season.
No chance of getting any decent players in. The fact is Harry has confined us to the wastelands of mid table - no one else - please come back Martin Jol

Why?...Luka Modric is a prime example of a decent player...mid table?...next season hasn't even started yet and your writing us off already...get a grip...lets see what happens over the summer..who goes and who comes in ect ect before we start talking about next season.
"It's been my life, Tottenham Hotspur,
and I love the club."

Offline Spurs218

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 04:38:36 PM »
Luka Modric is not a decent player, he is world class.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2011, 06:32:53 PM »

we'll save this comment for May 2012

Why?...Luka Modric is a prime example of a decent player...mid table?...next season hasn't even started yet and your writing us off already...get a grip...lets see what happens over the summer..who goes and who comes in ect ect before we start talking about next season.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »
I think everybody really needs to calm down. The season is not over yet and everybody knows exactly what can happen but nobody knows what will happen. We're not bloody fortune-tellers.

It'll be an interesting summer but we all know and the chairman knows that we cannot sell our best players, get in unproven replacements and qualify for the CL.

At the moment we can only hope for the best results from the remaining games.

Offline Holtspur

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2011, 09:50:33 PM »
I think everybody really needs to calm down. The season is not over yet and everybody knows exactly what can happen but nobody knows what will happen. We're not bloody fortune-tellers.

It'll be an interesting summer but we all know and the chairman knows that we cannot sell our best players, get in unproven replacements and qualify for the CL.

At the moment we can only hope for the best results from the remaining games.
Lets us pray

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2011, 05:49:00 PM »

You are a numpty, try looking further than the end of your nose, up until Blackpool away we were still well in the hunt a combination of injuries, poor form by our strikers and goalkeeper, some tatical errors and a barrow load of bad luck has cost us. We have run out of steam this season its not as simple as saying it's down to one person(s) or player(s) their has been several reasons.

Before you spout off I am really pissed off and disappointed, gutted and down about the end of this season but stomping and shouting and showing off isn't going to make it any better. All I hear is get rid of Redknapp sell this player, that player will want to go we won't be able to keep him blah blah blah blah..... bollocks no one knows what's going to happen who knows they might all stay and we might sign a couple of decent strikers and take the League by storm next season. Alternatively we might lose them all, Redknapp may leave and we might just avoid relegation, which I guess would make you very happy.

I have supported Spurs for over 40 years and barring a few seasons in the eighties this has been by far the best season we have had that I can remember. I know one thing I'd still rather be in the hunt for the league in Februrary than out of everything by December like we have been for the last 20 years, unfortunately we are not the massive club we have been in the past and do not have the divine right to finish in the top 4, s**tty I know but honest.

Just be very careful what you wish for because you may well get it !!!!

>:(
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2011, 06:01:03 PM »

You are a numpty, try looking further than the end of your nose, up until Blackpool away we were still well in the hunt a combination of injuries, poor form by our strikers and goalkeeper, some tatical errors and a barrow load of bad luck has cost us. We have run out of steam this season its not as simple as saying it's down to one person(s) or player(s) their has been several reasons.

Before you spout off I am really pissed off and disappointed, gutted and down about the end of this season but stomping and shouting and showing off isn't going to make it any better. All I hear is get rid of Redknapp sell this player, that player will want to go we won't be able to keep him blah blah blah blah..... bollocks no one knows what's going to happen who knows they might all stay and we might sign a couple of decent strikers and take the League by storm next season. Alternatively we might lose them all, Redknapp may leave and we might just avoid relegation, which I guess would make you very happy.

I have supported Spurs for over 40 years and barring a few seasons in the eighties this has been by far the best season we have had that I can remember. I know one thing I'd still rather be in the hunt for the league in Februrary than out of everything by December like we have been for the last 20 years, unfortunately we are not the massive club we have been in the past and do not have the divine right to finish in the top 4, s**tty I know but honest.

Just be very careful what you wish for because you may well get it !!!!

>:(
Like.