SpursNetwork

Club Calls For Answers

Offline Daniisco

• http://spursnetwork.com
Club Calls For Answers
« on: April 06, 2007, 01:30:28 PM »
Club Secretary John Alexander is today calling for answers from the Spanish authorities as to what prompted the disturbing scenes during the match last night.
"Our supporters have been on four trips into Europe before this and have behaved impeccably so something was clearly different in the way they were treated last night to suffer this sort of response," said John this afternoon.

"We really need to get to the bottom of just what the police were trying to do when they entered those segregation lines. We have been distressed to hear about incidents involving our supporters at a time when they were showing no aggression whatsoever and also in respect of our disabled supporters being set upon by the Spanish riot police. We need to understand how we are in a position whereby we have two clearly identifiable Spurs Stewards assaulted by the Spanish police, along with our disability co-ordinator being injured too.

"Both the Club and the local authorities had worked very hard to try and respect what was happening in Seville over the Easter period and arrangements were put in place that the fans appreciated. They had a good time in the town and were mixing quite freely with no signs at all of what was to come," added John, who said fans making contact through the email address seville.report@tottenhamhotspur.com is key to creating an accurate assessment of the incidents.

"It is an important part of us building up a picture of what happened on the night. They were the closest people to it. We had observers from the Embassy, along with five police officers, our own Safety Officer with 22 stewards. We also had a representative from the Football Association.

"All of their information and feedback will be valuable to us in piecing together what happened along with statements from our own supporters."

Its true, the last 4 away games in europe the fans have been impeccable so clearly the police where the instigators in Seville. It's disgusting how they treated our fans, and hitting a helpless man in a wheelchair and a 17 years old girl is disturbing. I really hope the police get punished as they are clearly the guilty party.

Offline SpursLad

• Peng.
Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 01:49:51 PM »
Absolutely horrible scenes. Hitting a disabled man out of his wheelchair is unacceptable. The police are like dogs out there.

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 01:50:51 PM »
Sounds about right. The policing in these countries is disgusting. You never find stuff like that happening in games over here cos basically the policing is miles better. Fans get protected properly over here whereas over there you give the police a bit of authority and they take it straight to their heds. Something should be done!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 01:58:08 PM by keane on berbatov »

Offline Lew

• http://Www.Myspace.Com/1Klone
Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:52:20 PM »
Can you actually imagine a British policeman kicking a disabled foreigner out of a wheelchair? Because I f**king can't.

Offline Cyril

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »
Pleased to see the nature of the club's stance on this one: quite outspoken in favour of the supporters rather than the usual knee jerk response.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
  • Hero: Atiba Hutchinson/Jermain Defoe/Harry Kane
  • Season Ticket: No
Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 07:16:49 PM »
Sweet. It's good to see that the club isn't going to put up with this kind of crap. Some paragraphs from a Yahoo! News article about the whole debacle:

However, Spanish pundits were left wondering on Friday whether this was, for once, a story of English football hooliganism which had been blown completely out of proportion.

Later on Friday, the BBC Internet site reported Tottenham accused Spanish police of hitting a disabled fan during Thursday's match.

Spurs club secretary John Alexander said: "We know one disabled fan was hit with a baton with such force that it knocked him out of his wheelchair." UEFA said they would investigate.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!
Proudly Canadian, Proudly A Spurs Fan

Offline Powerage

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 08:44:53 PM »
I didn't watch the match live as I was at a concert but I kept checking my mobile for the scores.

As far as I could see, I'm gonna be controversial on this forum but it LOOKED like our lads started it, but ITV didn't show that much of it in my opinion and so I couldnt make out what actually happened.

I heard a group of our lads or the whole section whatever, started shouting abuse towards the ref etc over the penalty and this was what caused the pigs [yes, they are ****ing pigs] to go in hammer and tongs. In this country its natural too shout at the ref etc but obviously because teams in Europe play such pussy ass football and there fans are a bunhc of dogs, they object too this sort of thing.

I really never ever want too travel away in Europe.

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:48 PM »
i purely take back  [if that makes sense] wat i said yesterday. that was disgracful.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 09:29:58 PM »
Quote from: Powerage;2524
I heard a group of our lads or the whole section whatever, started shouting abuse towards the ref etc over the penalty and this was what caused the pigs [yes, they are ****ing pigs] to go in hammer and tongs. In this country its natural too shout at the ref etc but obviously because teams in Europe play such pussy ass football and there fans are a bunhc of dogs, they object too this sort of thing.

lol good thing they weren't policing an NHL ice hockey match. Fans verbally abusing the ref is commonplace in the sport - if they were there, there wouldn't be any fans left in the stands! My team's fans are the worst at that. Whenever the ref makes a blatant bad call, they start chanting, "BULLSH*T!! BULLSH*T!! BULLSH*T!!"

If the fans get physical with each other or storm onto the pitch, then the cops should come in, but if the police simply have a go because of verbal abuse, then it's already heavy-handed. To the degree that it happened goes far beyond it. If the Spurs fans get arrested for simply fighting back against police brutality, it goes to show that the Spanish police are a) oversensitive and b) stupid.

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline Powerage

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 12:06:17 AM »
English fans have a reputation as boystrous, overly aggressive and physical, you and I know for a fact that A. Uefa will not do ANYTHING about the policing B. Spurs and Man United will get severely bollocked C. The police situation will only get worse as other countries will see whats gone on, how the police reacted and how quickly because of the police BRUTALLITY the situations were resolved.

If you put 4000 English football fsn into an ANIMAL enclosure at a football  match the proceed too for whatever reason attack them, they WILL react and they WILL defend themselves.

Don't you think its funny how there is almost never any trouble actually in this country? Its always when we go abroad and are intimidated.

Offline DC76

• CanaYIDian
Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 12:20:33 AM »
Amen brotha.

Y'know, I used to write football articles. Maybe now is the time to start again... and call UEFA out in its blatantly obvious double standard.:boxing:

I AM CANAYIDIAN!

Offline -AL-

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 10:42:46 AM »
yes, english football-fans have a bad reputation. even during the world cup some stupid drunk idiots just wanted to fight, but the german police did a very good job in calming down the situation and not over-reacting.  
( http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=26713483704811088 )

but it is not just english people..look at the trouble with german or dutch thugs. the riots in sicily...or south-america.
there are stupid people everywhere.

and the vids i saw about seville show that it was the spanish police's fault that things went out of control.
if i had balls, they would be bigger than yours ;)

Club Calls For Answers
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 12:02:03 PM »
no fan to fan combat... spanish polcie must take responcibilty