SpursNetwork

Chelsea make Modric top transfer target

Offline aspursfan

• Season Ticket: No
Chelsea make Modric top transfer target
« on: December 21, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »
This in a few of the papers. Selling Modric would be foolish IMO. It seems odd for him to just come out and say that like it wouldn't end up in the paper. Probably nothing.

And the man who revealed Chelsea's interest is Dinamo Zagreb vice-president Zdravko Mamic - the same person who negotiated Modric's switch to Tottenham in 2008.

Mamic is believed to have met Ancelotti to discuss the deal.

He is reported to have said: "I was with Ancelotti for lunch. I was very proud when I heard what he said about Modric.

"Luka is top of his list, his first pick when it comes to new signings. I am not Modric's agent - I am just his friend - but I am very proud.

"I don't want to say anything more because I don't want to upset my friends at Tottenham."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-transfer-news-Carlo-Ancelotti-makes-Tottenham-s-Luka-Modric-top-transfer-target-report-article655213.html]
[url]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Chelsea-transfer-news-Carlo-Ancelotti-makes-Tottenham-s-Luka-Modric-top-transfer-target-report-article655213.html
[/url]

"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline Persemillion

• Season Ticket: Yes
Re: Chelsea make Modric top transfer target
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 08:01:44 PM »
It's just paper talk to push up his price come contract negotiations. But as Harry wants to build his team round Modric (and rightly so imo) then we should pay him as much as he wants. Quite frankly the little guy's a genius. Harry likes him so much he's bought half the Croatia team to make him feel at home.

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:33:19 PM »
he will definately go, but not til the summer..

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 03:12:50 AM »
Links to teams such as Chelsea, Man U and other "top powerful" sides are always a concern, the money the assurance of in the CL season after season and the personal dosh!

I hope this doesnt turn Modrics head and that he is happy to stay and make things happen for us at THFC!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:03:24 PM »
I'd swap him for Anelka and Kalou...

then sell Crouch, Keano and even Pav...

Offline aspursfan

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »
He didn't seem to have his head turned last season when all the papers were talking about him going to United. A midfield with Modric, Lampard and Essien would be pretty formidable, but I don't think it's going to happen for some reason. I think he's a player that we'd have to replace even with the number of midfielders we already have. It just wouldn't make sense to sell him.
"Whenever BAE's hair isnt in corn rows he plays poorly. You may laugh but it is a proven statistical fact." -bigv

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
Modric is a big part of 'Arry's plans and I seriously doubt 'Arry or Levy sanctioning a move away from Spurs. Anyway a move to Chelski at the current time would be a sideways step, not an improvement for Modric as he's in a young up and coming side that are on the verge of greatness not a bunch of has beens like Chelski.

:santa_rolleyes:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
Great that Harry deaded the rumours so quickly, he said something along the lines of 'If we sell a player like Modric, we might as well all go home' Ha Ha Piss off Chelsea.

Offline Gareth Keown

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
Great that Harry deaded the rumours so quickly, he said something along the lines of 'If we sell a player like Modric, we might as well all go home' Ha Ha Piss off Chelsea.

unless.... he was already at home, when he said it... MWAHAHAHA

By July '11.

Offline ugs

• tottenham Till I die
    • www.boozeandcues.co.uk
  • Hero: Glenn Hoddle The One True Ghod
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 10:38:43 AM »
After Modric's recent performances I don't think theres many clubs out there that can afford him..... Got to be worth £40 million at least !!!
Plus why would he want to leave an up and coming side that plays fantastic football with other top quality players

:santa_grin:
‘It’s the stuff of dreams…As a child, being a fan of the sport, I never imagined that one day I’d be in this position. Kids from Kilburn don’t become favourite for the Tour de France. You’re supposed to become a postman or a milkman or work at Ladbrokes." Bradley Wiggins 2012 Tour de France Champion

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 01:42:56 PM »
Paper talk and Chelsea are falling........... hopefully to the europa!!!  :santa_wink:

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2011, 01:47:53 PM »
Things have changed at Spurs and Modric is going nowhere. Chelsea? They're headed the way of Liverpool, and the Arse aren't far behind them.

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2011, 02:28:53 PM »
why would modric want to leave wen we r on the up and chelsea seem to be doing a liverpool all paper talk

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
Well, money talks. We can just hope he has the heart to stay on board the spurstrain, hopefully he's not another greedy sellout.

Offline PaulInRome

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 09:20:43 PM »
For me it's all paper talk and no team sells their top players in January unless they are bringing in better. If we don't make the top four though, I would imagine there'd be plenty of top teams offering big money for Modric, VdV, Bale, Lennon, Hudd and others.