« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:09 PM »
To be completed in next 24 hours...
Alan Hutton Fanclub

Offline bigv

• Hero: Ledley King
  • Season Ticket: No
Re: Robbie Keane sale
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 07:08:36 PM »
now that keane is gone  :santa_afro:  I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere condolences to riffhard who has fought tooth and nail against the keane detractors on this forum and no doubt in a few irish bars in estonia too on occasion. With similar unbridled aggression (See keowns defensiveness of jenas) I slated him even before he went to the pool and more so on his return but you riffsy would have none of it. I salute you. Loyal to the last word. As keane goes off to brummie land Im sure he will shed a tear for you as without a fan like you he would have no-one to support him. Apparently claudine and her mum thinks hes ok from time to time.
So no longer will we witness the incessant flailing of arms, the gesticulating, the auditions for the lead role in a film about the origins of the mysterious art of charades from the man who felt he was fluent in white hart lane crowd sign language. No longer will robbie be the first man to congratulate a fellow striker on scoring to ensure his face appears in the papers in the hope of fooling 2% of the population into thinking it was he who scored. Gone is this noble irish knight from our beloved club, did he finally amid such arm waving take off into the night in the direction of birmingham in the hope that he might find his, pace, form and a similar wage packet.
It appears he has my friends and i will have no sleepless nights because of it.
Riffsy if  you are aggrieved by his loss dont worry. We are apparently after a whole raft of players we dont need to replace him. Peenuts, orville the duckham and andy the jugger-nought carroll.
The ftutres bright its lily white

Offline geeze34

• Hero: Gary Mabbutt
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 07:14:04 PM »
He will be missed by us true spurs fans for all he's done for the club over the years. Good luck Robbie, hope you enjoy Brummie!

Offline Gareth Keown

• shooting the Messenger ??
  • Hero: Le Jenius
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 07:21:59 PM »
hear hear.... a true Yiddo (even if he did have an affair with Poo..... at least we still made 5m on the turnaround)...

the perfect foil for Cameron Jerome.... watch Brum go now !!

Offline taimedowne

• Hero: Jimmy Greaves
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 07:39:00 PM »
IMO Keane is the best striker on our books.  He's just let us and himself down.  He's only 30.  He should be at his peak and he looks like an old man.

The only way to get RK firing again is to constantly play him.  It's the only way he is going to get sharp because whatever he is doing off the pitch/in training is making him look a shadow of his former self.

But why should we have 2 or 3 games with 10 men waiting for him to get his fitness back?  There is a certain culture at Spurs that has given us this soft center.

With the Lennons, Keanes, Huddlestones, Huttons, Defoes, O Haras, Bentleys of the team:  they tend to take a quater of a season to recover form after injuries.

Real class players like King and VDV can come back and have instant impact.  IMO it's time to get rid of this soft core of super talented but mentally weak underachievers.

We need less party boys coasting on their gifts, and get more Carricks and Davids in.  Steel trapped minds who do anything to improve/fight for the cause.
Soft centered ?? That may have once been true but this is a team that just won 2 games with only 10 men. And not by parking the bus and defending a lead but by going out and attacking and indeed scoring in both games. In the past we would have folded in those circumstances but the current team has a never say die attitude and a will to win that has been sadly lacking in the past.

Offline RiffHard

• Hero: Gary Lineker, Teddy Sheringham, Mart Poom
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 07:49:25 PM »
now that keane is gone  :santa_afro:  I would like to take this opportunity to offer my sincere condolences to riffhard who has fought tooth and nail against the keane detractors on this forum and no doubt in a few irish bars in estonia too on occasion. With similar unbridled aggression (See keowns defensiveness of jenas) I slated him even before he went to the pool and more so on his return but you riffsy would have none of it. I salute you. Loyal to the last word. As keane goes off to brummie land Im sure he will shed a tear for you as without a fan like you he would have no-one to support him. Apparently claudine and her mum thinks hes ok from time to time.
So no longer will we witness the incessant flailing of arms, the gesticulating, the auditions for the lead role in a film about the origins of the mysterious art of charades from the man who felt he was fluent in white hart lane crowd sign language. No longer will robbie be the first man to congratulate a fellow striker on scoring to ensure his face appears in the papers in the hope of fooling 2% of the population into thinking it was he who scored. Gone is this noble irish knight from our beloved club, did he finally amid such arm waving take off into the night in the direction of birmingham in the hope that he might find his, pace, form and a similar wage packet.
It appears he has my friends and i will have no sleepless nights because of it.
Riffsy if  you are aggrieved by his loss dont worry. We are apparently after a whole raft of players we dont need to replace him. Peenuts, orville the duckham and andy the jugger-nought carroll.
The ftutres bright its lily white
Thank you.
As I can see he has taken the left and joined others on the bench for tonight.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:53:45 PM by RiffHard »

Offline Metalanimal

• Hero: Pat Jennings
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
Looks like he's going for £7 million

If thats the case good business by Levy!
THFC "COYS" and that is all I have to say about that!

Offline SomersetYiddo

• Hero: David Ginola
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 04:42:25 PM »
£7 Million is very good business if that happens. Still alot of things to be done apparently with the deal but i wish Robbie the best of luck and salute him! He has been a great player for us and will not be forgotten. YID ARMY

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
7 million was likely the most that could have been received for him, great business

« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 01:56:21 PM »
I would prefer to keep Robbie - if we can.

« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 02:41:39 PM »
Hopefully they will be gone by the end of the window. Keane just looks like he woulnd't be able to play in even the Championship.